DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia III: The Treasure of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TOWN WIN

Aiel Heart

Ive seen it as a recorded stage show and i have the 1998 non musical version (good film,wonderful soundtrack)

So i know the story lol but the new musical really pushed the despair angle and i didnt expect that from it. I thought they might brighten it a little tbh

anne was amazing. I didnt like her till this film (iffy on batman)

but she was astounding in this. I think i cated about her most of akl

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive seen it as a recorded stage show and i have the 1998 non musical version (good film,wonderful soundtrack)

So i know the story lol but the new musical really pushed the despair angle and i didnt expect that from it. I thought they might brighten it a little tbh

anne was amazing. I didnt like her till this film (iffy on batman)

but she was astounding in this. I think i cated about her most of akl

Yeah, I'd seen it live a bunch of times when traveling broadway would come through the city and my Mom used to pump the soundtrack through the house when I was young all the time, but this movie was the first time I felt genuinly heart-broken over some of the characters. That being said... Helena Bonham Carter and Borat felt way too campy with the rest of the movie's feel. Just way out of place.

Also, where in the world is RTE? He's either all here or completely absent it seems.

That being said... Helena Bonham Carter and Borat felt way too campy with the rest of the movie's feel. Just way out of place.

I thought they were two of the better crafted roles.  They killed their numbers and added a much needed set of antics that the film heavily leaned upon to make the plot feel like it wasn't a lumbering beast.  You could argue that they were over-exaggerated in the movie, but let's be honest, this was hardly a true to form remake and frankly I thought they could have picked better actors to fill some of those roles.

for the record on the whole two mafia thing: That is what I assumed after reading the OP and seeing mention of Aqua and Magma. This is verified personally in the fact that i've played Gen 3 and Team Rocket shows up nowhere in the game. They're only in the anime to have Jesse and James be recurring characters.

Ithi used Sarcasm! It wasn't very effective!
Despo used Discredit! It wasn't very effective!
Ithi used You're Defensive!
Despo used Boredom! Despo is asleep!

And i've never seen Les Mis. Should I?

That being said... Helena Bonham Carter and Borat felt way too campy with the rest of the movie's feel. Just way out of place.

I thought they were two of the better crafted roles.  They killed their numbers and added a much needed set of antics that the film heavily leaned upon to make the plot feel like it wasn't a lumbering beast.  You could argue that they were over-exaggerated in the movie, but let's be honest, this was hardly a true to form remake and frankly I thought they could have picked better actors to fill some of those roles.

True. Nothing wrong with the roles of the two, but I think better actors that aren't so easily recognizable as one-note characters (seriously, other than King's Speech, when does HBC not look like she crawled out of the mind of Tim Burton?).

@Mawth - Anyone who has any appreciation for music should see Les Mis. As a movie it feels really long, cause it is. But knowing it is a stage musical in movie form allows for that forgiveness.

I wasn't being sarcastic. I genuinely didn't understand why he thought I had done such a bad thing. If I was saying what I said with humour - I would have added a smiley face thingy.

Mawthtex summarises what has already occurred - albeit in a slightly inaccurate fashion.

And he uses an awful lot of exclamation marks.

Mawthtex is shouting at everyone!

:laugh:

Ithi used Ignorance!

Mawth was formatting his words in the form of Pokemon attacks from the games.

Also, if you get the soundtrack you should get the original cast broadway soundtrack (or Anniversary ones with original cast whatever), not the movie one. The singing style in the movie doesn't work super well without the actors emoting.

Ithi used Ignorance!

Mawth was formatting his words in the form of Pokemon attacks from the games.

This makes sense. The only image I get when I think of Pokemon is young teenage type anime peoples with big mouths shouting and doing a slight shake thing to make sure we know they are really shouting.

Kind of a pictorial representation of AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Please Despo. Show real misinformation if you are going to use that word.

Wow Ithi.... Sooooo much misinformation there. I'll try to respond to everything I saw

- When was the last time you saw people talking about team Rocket? Page 5? 10 even? People weren't talking about that nearly as much as you make it seem

- You were parading around the two teams thing, looked like you were trying to gain town credit to me

- You were also acting like it was CONFIRMED that there were two teams, when it wasn't yet.

- You keep saying the canon and OP made it clear that there would be two teams, but the OP could have just been flavor, and there are a TON of other themes that you could argue could have two mafia teams, not just this one. You seemed convinced, and that leads to my next point:

- Why leave out the MAIN reason I called you out for saying there were two teams? I thought that you might have guessed that there were two teams because you're on a mafia team and looked at tour teams numbers and then the OP, and there you have it. Its not so much the info itself that was suspicious, its how you might have gotten it.

- If I thought there might have been a diff mechanic like two mafia teams or something, I might have subtly put the idea out there, to see who leapt on it. That might have given me a good idea of who already "knew" there were two teams. I also might have kept it to myself, since game setup discussion early on can often be bad for town as it lets mafia manipulate more easily.

- I was never "Yay" about you finding out Poochyenya was used by both teams. Since I don't know flavor all that well, I'm not really going by pokemon claims all that much this game.

- Once again, its not that I think suggesting info which might be useful for town is bad, its the way you went about it. You paraded it about in a way that made me think you were sure of there being two teams, and that you were trying to gain town credit

- I don't remember telling you to Google it.... If anything the only thing I remember of that sort was that I complemented your google-fu in a way and said that you could easily find any info you were looking for that could help you out in a claim or something

- No, I didn't Google the gen 3 pokemon story. Since I know nothing about it, I have an advantage in a small way. I won't be influenced by someone using canon to argue their way out of a lynch or something. Last pokemon game I was mafia, and researched my pokemon. Found out it had been used by Rocket, but also by Santa in a Christmas episode. I claimed my actual pokemon and wifomed my way out of a couple of lynches. BG ended up foiling me. Point is, unless I was an expert, or at least well-versed, in the world pokemon, reading up on any canon might actually be detrimental for me because it could cause me to doubt a read on someone later or something. I have nothing against others looking into canon for hints as to what we might end up seeing, I'm gonna focus on gameplay

- If someone else other than you had submitted the idea of two teams, I would have been wary of them. If they had paraded the information around as if it was confirmed, I would have called them out on it just like I did you. Don't play the victim.

1. Just because people weren't actively talking about team rocket doesn't mean they were not thinking in those terms. Mafia would be happy to let town keep thinking of Jesse and James being the villains.

2. Parading is a poor word choice by you. Giving previously unseen information, which happened to result in bagging a mafia is a pro town thing to do. That it also gave clear evidence of the extreme likelihood of two mafia teams was also good for town. Your poo pooing it looks bad on you IMO.

3. If she is town, then your point is moot. She has already claimed so it is now for town to decide about her. Real town don't need town cred. Their flip is all the vindication they need. Also it was clearly stated in the OP. Your flavor arguments are weak. Last game heart confirmed the number of mafia in first post. I don't see any way this is different.

4. See 3 above.

5. Your tunneling here. Allowing your assumption of alignment to cloud your viewpoint. You seem to be projecting your own plan onto Ithi.

6. I woulda done blah blah blah... Thank you sole arbitor of play.

7. It turned out to be valuable. Methinks you might be theother one mentioned there.

8. Only Despo can grandstand. Mad she stole your thunder.

9. You called her out for nit googling it. Basically said look it up and get back to me.

10. False. If you don't look up canon you are at a disadvantage. Heart has clearly followed canon in the previous games. You yourself used it to your advantage. Your purposely tying an arm behind your back? That isn't go for the W Despo.

11. Don't be a bully then. You are the one proven incorrect here.

Either straighten up your town game or give up your teammates. Oh BTW, I hate these long posts

Maddy is being really suspicious. I will probably vote Maddy. It seems unlikely that no one is coaching her.

Ithi also looks suspicious. People are buddying to her or at least trying to.

RTE- I don't think he will go away from this list

Ithi sounds like she knows whats what however I with hold judgement on that. Maddy is really getting into the spirit of things but I'm not sure how to take it whether she's Town or mafia still not sure about that. RTE has gone rather quiet maybe he's laying low? who knows I still have my suspicions so keeping my vote for the time being.

Luci - it is Night and we don't vote at Night. The Game Title could probably do with an Edit to show this

Sorry I didn't know that. 

Turin impassively stared out into the rain. This game of Mistress Heart’s gave him a bad feeling deep in his gut. Still, he could think of no better way to find out who the members of the two strange organizations were without drawing attention to himself. His absence would have been noticed. So, he was sticking around to figure out what he could.
“Ok, Treecko.” He turned to the pokemon standing beside him with her arms crossed. “You know what to do. Go keep an eye on her.”
Treecko nodded, and scurried into the fog on all fours.
Turin took a deep breath in, then sat down to wait.

Slakoth moved slowly along the beach. In some ways, it was harder moving along the sand when it was wet. She looked sleepily up at the rain clouds. It didn’t seem like it would stop any time soon, and she didn’t have anywhere she had to go. She might as well rest here for a bit. The rain on her fur was relaxing.
She heard a rustle nearby and opened her eyes slightly. She felt something heavy and wet land on her back. It felt different than the rain... And then it started to burn. She rolled over, trying to get it off, then got up and tried to run to the water. Then something hard hit her.

Treecko dashed through the fog. She had to find the other pokemon! It was hard to know what was going on, but a little bit could be figured out through watching. She used detect, trying to sense pokemon attacking around her. She felt a few nearby, but none were the one she sought. She continued on. Where was the pokemon?
She used Detect again... And sensed someone nearby... Suddenly it became very windy. Treecko fought the wind, trying to keep her feet on the ground... And then something knocked her over.

Ithi peered through the rain, straining to see. The rain had lasted for a long time, and she couldn’t imagine that it would be lasting much longer. Where was Slakoth?
“Ok pokemon dears! Go back to your trainers!” Mistress Heart’s voice pierced through the murk.
Ithi stood, waiting for her pokemon. She didn’t come.
“Chimecho, use Sunny Day!”
The rain stilled, and rays of sun started to shine on the beach as the clouds dispersed.
Two pokemon lay on the beach. Ithi rushed to Slakoth.
“Oh no...” Ithi rested a hand on her head. “I’m so sorry.”
She spared a second to glance at the other pokemon, then took a closer look. Wasn’t that...?
Ithi looked up as Turin passed her on his way to Treecko. She shook her head, then looked up at Mistress Heart.
Mistress Heart looked at Gardevoir and then waved her hand forward. The white pokemon seemed to glow in the growing light. She stopped at Treecko first, pausing for a long moment.
“Not one of the thieves’ pokemon” Mistress Heart announced. Turin returned Treecko to her ball.
Gardevoir stood above Ithi and Slakoth, eyes going white as she stared at Slakoth.
“Also not one of the thieves’”
Mistress Heart gestured to some seating near the treeline. “If you both will?”
Ithi returned Slakoth to her ball, and she walked with Turin over to the chairs.

Mistress Heart turned to the rest of the players. “Ok, let’s find out who the thieves are.”

Turin, Trainer of Treecko, League Trainer, has been knocked out of the competition.
Pokedex information: Treecko

Detect--Find out who else targetted Target.

Ithi, Trainer of Slakoth, League Trainer, has beek knocked out of the competition
Pokedex information: Slakoth Moves

No information available.

It is now Day 2. Deadline is in 72 hours. The phase will end sooner if a majority is reached. is reached.

With 21 alive, it takes 11 to lynch. 

It's not just the fact that he's quiet - it's the fact that he's gotten a lot less gung-ho and is no longer displaying the attitude of "I want to die in a blaze of information."  I think it's time to oblige that Sounds to me like he's waiting for this to blow over.  On top of that, two of the people most actively pushing for an RTE lynch yesterday are now dead.  Make of that what you will, but it looks to me like someone doesn't want him dead.  Vote: RTE.

Also, Maddy, it's time you answer the questions addressed to you about where you learned how to play the game.  Dancing around the issue is not going to cut it anymore.  Unless, of course, you'd like to volunteer the name of the person coaching you so we can lynch them too.

Archived