DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cliche and Stereotype Mafia - A possible Basic Game - All ideas and thoughts welcome

i know you said basic game, but ive been just thinking some roles that fit some of the roles

oh and if the mod gives PR's that are the opposite of how people normally play, it would be funny to see 

(like a lurker would be compulsive poster etc)

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know you said basic game, but ive been just thinking some roles that fit some of the roles

oh and if the mod gives PR's that are the opposite of how people normally play, it would be funny to see

(like a lurker would be compulsive poster etc)

Well I would not want to be cruel. If there are enough Characters to choose from - then you could maybe divide them up between all the players randomly. So perhaps there would be 2 per player, and they could then choose one of those two that they feel they would best be able to work with.

And of course they could use aspects of the other.

Another way might be to have Characters available to more than one person - if there were more than one Wall of Texter - would one get Lynched for Fake Claiming ... or could it just be that one of them is the Outragious Fake Claimer lol

the buddyer. pick someone and agree with everything

Dibs. Can I buddy the mod?

I think the idea of two choices per person would be good. I know some of these would be very difficult for me to play. Did we put in lynch the inactives person?Or emo poster? Or wacky scheme/gambit person.

I think that you shouldn't be allowed to say which stereotype you are: keeping people guessing as to what is your real play and what is role.

also maybe have a minimum number of 'in role' posts as well as the minimum number of game play posts most games have?

the buddyer. pick someone and agree with everything

Dibs. Can I buddy the mod?

I think the idea of two choices per person would be good. I know some of these would be very difficult for me to play. Did we put in lynch the inactives person?Or emo poster? Or wacky scheme/gambit person.

You can buddy me :happy: ?

Lynch the Inactives and Wacky Gambit Schemer.

Got it :)

I think that you shouldn't be allowed to say which stereotype you are: keeping people guessing as to what is your real play and what is role.

also maybe have a minimum number of 'in role' posts as well as the minimum number of game play posts most games have?

Well it will be a semi-open set up. And Claiming a Character will have no bearing on Alignment, so I don't think we need to restrict what information people can give in the Game.

I don't like to be all Mod Heavy :)

Besides ... if you can't Character Claim, how can we have the Outragious Fake Claimer?

The non-English speaker who spells everything wrong, who everyone suspects all the time and who repetedly has to appologize for her bad English skills. 

Ehm... I guess I´m the only one doing this. :D

New and Not So New BT Members.

Come and play Mafia - it is fun. If you have never played Mafia before it is ok. We will give you advice and help - and we will be relatively gentle ... I even have a Rough Guide Thingy if you would like to take a peek?

This is a great way to get to know your fellow BT Members more better and you can earn oodles of points too :)

If you sign up to play your very first Game at the BT you will be given an additional 10 Bonus Points, if you finish the game, as a reward. Everyone has to start somewhere and we would like you to start here. Just advise it is your 1st game when you sign up. Anyone who encourages a new player to sign up will be given a bonus of 5 points as long as they finish the Game.

Our current Game in Sign Ups is Heart's Pokemon Gen III Game. You can find it here:

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/82628-pokemon-mafia-iii-the-treasure-of-heart-island-sign-ups/page-1

Let's get this Game filled.

The non-English speaker who spells everything wrong, who everyone suspects all the time and who repetedly has to appologize for her bad English skills.

Ehm... I guess I´m the only one doing this. :D

That's because you are Mafia

:laugh:

I´m never mafia!

I only suspect you 66.7% of the time.

Because you are mafia 33,3% of the time?

Ahhh ... but if all of these so called Definative Mafia Tells are due to possible PRs being enacted, how will you find the Mafia?

:interesting:

You will have to stop relying on the cliche perhaps?

And everyone will have to step out of their usual Boxes and try something a little bit different.

This sounds like an aweome idea :D

What about the Lazy player who rarely do their own scumhunting and agrees with anyone who makes a decent spunding case?

That would be the Buddy-er yes?

*pout* Different in my mind but ok. Im clearly bad at this :rolleyes:

Archived