DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[OP Tournament]: Berf vs. Hally

Niniel

Berf swept into the arena, the dark cloak of a Soldier incongrous with his still-bare feet. He made his way to the assigned area, where he could see his first opponent, Hallia, ready to go. All around him the sounds of battle flared, but he had focus. It would take all of it to walk away with a victory. He was still weak, relatively; this would hurt he knew. But pain is just weakness leaving the body. He embraced it. Welcomed each hurt, knowing that one day the sum of injury would be worth it. He stepped up onto the platform. It was time.

"Hallia I have kept you waiting all day, and for that I apologise. Let me begin. I do so hope to brighten your day!"

Berf wove fire and earth, hoping to explode the ground before Hallia...

Weave: EarthFire

Damage: 0

Hallia: 100

Berf: 100

...but nothing happened. Berf was hopeful when Hallia lifted a foot, but apparently it was only itchy, not aflame.

He was unsure of what happened. Perhaps he had woven too deep. Perhaps not enough. Perhaps the ratio was off, of perhaps...

Perhaps, he thought, he had just failed. He adopted a smile.

"I guess you will be first after all..."

Hallia grinned back the man.  "But of course, and don't worry about it!  I'm a pretty...chill...person?"  With an insane cackle she wove water and air together.

Weave: Ice Storm

Damage: 6

Hallia: 100

Berf: 94

Berf chuckled, before scrambling for cover behind his coat as the ice storm hit. Clouds had gathered and shards of razor-like ice flew through the air, shredding coat and skin alike. Cuts would heal, and chicks dig scars; but some damage to his coat, so soon after having received it?

That would not that do.

The storm abated, and Berf lowered the coat from over his face. About half a foot of snow had been dumped at his feet. He decided to do something about that. Lifting arms and gathering the power, he wove Fire and Earth again, the taint trying it's hardest to fill him with filth. He fought through it, and plunged the weaves into the ground...

Damage: 8

Hallia: 92

Berf: 94

...the entire square shook as Berf overcompensated, the ground erupting in flame and earth, the snow melting within seconds. Hallia was thrown back as she lost her footing, falling even as the fire tried to claim her. 

"Pretty chill? I dunno... You look a little shook up to me..." :cool:

With a cough Hallia stumbled to her feet, patting out a small flame on the sleeve of her coat.  "Only a little, mind you.  However, I think you're in for a real shock!"  With that, Hallia raised her arms, weaving all of the elements together into a raging electrical storm that sent lightning bolts down towards her opponent.

Weave: Lightning Storm

Damage: 10

Hallia: 92

Berf: 84

Berf danced as best he could, but shock after shock hit him, frying him and standing his hair on end. Finally the bolts stopped, and he could catch his breath. It was clear she was stronger. He would have to be smart, play to his strengths at all times. Even still, he doubted it would be enough.

"Quite shocking, quite shocking, I agree." Berf nodded. "But not as shocking as BALLS!"

Glowing stones the size of cannonballs erupted from the ground, flying past Hallia and hitting numerous nearby spectators. As the weave dwindled, a lone flaming pebble glanced from her cheek, leaving an angry red mark.

Weave: Earthfire

Damage: 2

Hallia: 90

Berf: 82

"So... I should probably work harder on the weave, and not the one liner." 

He braced himself for the return serve.

Hallia rubbed her cheek, looking across the arena at Berf.  “That hairstyle suits you, I wonder what a little humidity would do to it!”  Hallia wove fire and water, sending steam in his direction.

Weave: Scalding Steam

Damage:0  (-2)

Hallia: 90

…And all it did was cause the hair that had been standing on end to lay back down.  “I meant to do that, of course!”

Berf caught his reflection in a puddle of still water, his skin and hair shiny and clean after the brief steam. He felt one million dollars. He was entirely unsure of the reasons behind Hallia's impromptu facial and treatment, but he was new here, and some customs were strange to the unitiated.

He decided to return the favor.He just hoped his lack of prowess in Air and Spirit wouldn't backfire on him. Carefully, he wove the elements together, trying to fix Hallia's somewhat wild hair and entirely dishevelled coat and coverings...

"Looks like you could use a touch up?"

Weave: Crushing Blow (I know I know... go big or go home I figure...)

Damage: 4 (!!)

Hallia: 86

The weave grew bigger and bigger, the 4 elements fighting his control and threatening to destroy him, his soul slipping into the maelstrom that was the male half of the power. He released it before it grew too large, his gentle pat turning into a mighty blow than smacked Hallia across the chest, sending her flying back through the air before landing unceremoniously in the mud.

"Er... That didn't really go to plan..."

Berf had no idea where to put his face.

Standing, Hallia wiped her backside off, only succeeding in smearing mud around instead of actually getting any off.  Curious, she decided to try a new weave out.

Weave: Cloud Dancing

Unfortunately, it had no effect...besides causing the clouds above to tango.  "Ah...neither did that.!"

(O.o Ooops. XD)

Berf watched the clouds gather, dark and gloomy and full of threat. It was only after some minutes that he realised Hallia's attack had failed to form. His heart quickened. He might actually stand a chance.

It was the final round. He knew the various scrapes and bruises they had caused each other were relatively even. He would have some ground to make up, of that he was sure, but the iniative was his, and the equation simple:

Do damage, and hope.

He began to work on the first...

"Hallia, this being my final weave, I thought I should go out with a..." Berf made a hand-dragon with his finger and thumb, pointing toward his somewhat bemused opponent. She would be enlightened soon enough. Or engulfed, at any rate.

He pulled the 'trigger'.

"...Bang!"

berf: 82

A single, lame spark dropped from Berf's finger, burning up a few blades of grass and sending the tiniest cloud of dust into the air. He shook his head. He had lost.

But he could accept that.

"Well played, Hallia. Take your victory lap."

Berf smiled and spread his arms, inviting the next attack. He just hoped his charm would appeal to Hallia's sense of decorum.

At the very least, he just hoped it wouldn't hurt too bad.

I know right! Hey we did well, well played and congratulations. I have no idea who you are up against but please understand that, as a Shadow, I'll be rooting for the other guy. But I'd be happy if you won all the same, because someone is losing, and that is what it is all about.

:cool: Berf departs the arena, going home to get drunk on the couch and watch the rest of the tourney on telly. 

Then he realizes he still doesn't have a key to his new quarters. Best bet then was to get drunk and pass out in a barn, then...

Archived