DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Moonsaana's Odds and ends: Weird item Hunt

Moon Sedai

Walks in, her brow furrowed, seeking out the best and brightest of the Great Lord's followers. 

Hello, Friends of the Great Lord.

As you know, one of the wonders of this New Age is that there is this place called the “Internet” where people can go and sell their belongings to complete strangers.

This idea fascinates me.

Especially because by taking items once owned by a person, one can use the True Power to gain control of them.

I must gain control of as many people as possible.

I will use these for mindtraps. 

We’ll make a game out of it.

Let’s see which one of you can find me the absolute most oddball thing for sale off Craig’s List and Ebay

Here are the parameters: 

1)     The item must be pg-13. I don’t want anyone’s… “Toys” or “underclothes” if you catch my drift.

2)     No vehicles. I can Travel and don’t need modern transportation.

To submit an entry:

1) reply to this thread. If there is an image available, put the image in your post. 

2) You must state if it is a Craig's List or Ebay item, aund include the link

3) The item must still be up for sale when you post it. 

4) No repeats of previous items. 

You may submit two from each of Ebay and Craig's list. 

I will have 3 mystery judges to help me determine the winners.

The Mystery Judges may participate, and in that case, I'll act as a judge in their stead. 

Oh, and the judging will go as follows: 
Each secret judge will look at 3 criteria, each on a scale of 1-10.

1. Originality. How original is this item? 

2. Price. Does the price match what one would expect to pay for this thing? 

3. Weird factor. How weird is it? 

Each prize can get up to 90 points from the judges. 
At the end of the contest, the person with the most points will win. 

I just wish I could figure out how to get the pics off ebay...

you click on the image, it enlarges it, copy the image url (right click and you should get an option), and then post it here, like you'd post any image 

you click on the image, it enlarges it, copy the image url (right click and you should get an option), and then post it here, like you'd post any image 

Thank yous. I'll go and edit them. :)))

Thank yous. I'll go and edit them. :)))

any time :)

From the EBay category for Everything else > Weird stuff > Slightly Unusual, comes the DAMMIT DOLL!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dammit-Doll-8-Computer-Unique-Gift-Handmade-/330934623853?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d0d3d9e6d

$(KGrHqFHJEIFE3tZO20rBRfW)dwgoQ~~60_57.J

My German teacher had one of these. I distinctly remember a button flying off it when she slammed it on the desk too hard and hitting a student in the head...

If you think that was creepy you should have seen the mummified cat. ;p It's actually an oddity.

Have you ever seen the show Oddities? If you think that is creepy you should see what they have on there.

Question: Would it considred fair game if I use the Norwegian equalent to craigslist in this game? (can use google translate for the ad itself)

I will allow it. If you submit something from Norwegian Craigslist, i'll google translate it and if the translation is weird, I'll HOPE you can help us fix it.

I can add the link with translation myself, and convert the price too :) It's called finn.no and it's in all regards the same as craigslists; ads for buying/selling, jobs, houses to rent, selling houses etc.

Archived