DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Forum Member

Naertho

Hello, my name is Dylan and I live in the lovely New Zealand! If you do not know where this is, it is in the South Pacific, East of Australia. I am currently 17, will be 18 later on in the year. I was introduced to the Wheel of Time series by my father in 2010. He passed me 'The Eye of the World' upon asking him; "What should I read now?" I had just completed a David Eddings series - the Belgariad. I started the book, and the first paragraph just gripped me;

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose in the Mountains of Mist. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

I will never, ever, forget this paragraph - I hope to remember it until the feather of death takes me. 

It has been two and a half years since I begun the journey with Rand al'Thor, Perrin Aybara, Matrim Cauthon (my favourite character by a landslide) and the rest of the group! And, in truth, I couldn't wait until I finished the series to find out how it ended. Does Rand kill the Dark One? Well, I finished 'A Memory of Light' last week. I actually had tears in my eyes, the further I read on, the less I wanted it to end. This series has been my life for the past two and a half years. I couldn't believe it, it was finally over...

I finished the first thirteen books early 2011 - nothing too impressive. But that time from finishing 'The Towers of Midnight' and starting 'A Memory of Light' was possibly the longest wait I'll ever know - fingers crossed! I do not know how some of you waited 22-23 years for the ending! While waiting for 'A Memory of Light' a read the first thirteen books again - in so much text you always forget some things, don't ya? And I loved it even more - for I missed some things and picked them up the second time 'round, plus I got more of an understanding on things that were happening.

So the 8th of January came 'round and Dad went in to buy the fourteenth and final book. Guess what he did? Took as long as he could to read it to piss me off! And I couldn't just read it when he was not as he went out of his way to hide it - had many choice words to say to him about that! March came 'round and he finally gives me the book to read and officially claim as my own (as I have already with the other thirteen -evil laugh-). At first, I sped through 200 pages, but then as more and more happened I slowed down. It took myself three weeks to finish the series - not because I am a slow reader, but because I did not want it to end. And now am sad that it truly ended - yes, I can read it multiple times, but it will never be the same, waiting for what Rand, Perrin or Mat will do.

Anyway, my name is Dylan - Naertho is my account name - and I have introduced myself a little to this community. I hope to enjoy my stay and learn many things from you all!

Welcome, Naertho! 

I've seen you've already introduced yourself into a couple of Social Groups. Although in the Band you can't declare which regimen you would like to join yet, I have to say that you have made the best choice. Prepare yourself for receive a tainted-brownies avalanche in the Black Tower! I'm sure you're going to enjoy your stay in Spam's Kingdom (Black Tower).

I recommend you to visit the rest of the Social Groups just to see if there's another one where you can fit in. The White Tower and the Wolfkin are good places to start with.

Welcome Naertho!

When you have a little time you should take a look through the discussion forums for some great theories, information & discussions. Since you've already looked into, and joined, at least one or two of the social groups I'll just say that they can be a little silly at times but are almost always a lot of fun and a great way for you to interact with a number of other DM members. Hope you have fun with them and can't wait to see how you do in the two which I'm a member of, the BT & Band. If you are into Role Play then you should also take a look at the RP forums. Have fun and, once again, WELCOME!

Welcome to DM Naertho! We actually have a few Kiwis around here. :wink: I look forward to seeing you around the Social Groups! And I LOVE your enthusiasm. *grins*

Brid if you have time can you start a welcome thread for him in the band? I would have done it this morning but I was just about to start work.

Also once again welcome to DM! I hope you have a blast with all the awesome people here.

Archived