A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Darthe's Mafia Game Over. Mafia Wins.

Darthe

Btw here is a live thing of the chess game that Darthe is copying

We want morphy to win according to Darthe

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1233404

Why spam?

How is that helpful?

It just give the Mafia an easy way to hide and make meaningless posts.

People were posting and chatting. Sooner or later someone slips up

It was also a long Easter weekend. At least this game was active.

Honestly you of all people judging spam

Maybe my goal should be to have more posts than Dap this game!

You have 12 posts on me ATM. Good luck

Talya nudges on Ithi.

Why would I want the killing to start? I already said the spam makes it easier for the Mafia to hide. You seem quite happy with that though.

Spam starts a game off easy. Sets a good tone. I'd be with you that mafia can hide in it on day 4 but not on day 1

About the killing, stopping spam means cases and votes, that leads to deaths. So in a way you are keen to get the killing started.

Personally I don't think that's a mafia thing, wanting the game to start, but your sudden stance on spam is weird

Ithi is trying very hard to look protown this game

Haha that made me laugh

Eh. I don't think she's trying to look anything right now. Just taking a stance on spam.

Weird though, as when she modded she said she missed being able to post and spam...

This went ping. Kinda defending but at the same time kinda not and is fence sitting

Yea this could be mafia defending mafia quite easily

There is not a lot you can say to that!

Sp Turin is searching places to try and catch people out...hmmm *arches eyebrow*

Really?

I regularly search all the people in my games to see if they are lurking. I search your profiles, your recent posts (incase you are using DM lurk mode), I check fb, I check chat, sometimes I post in old game dead threads or QTs to see who goes on qt regularly and sees the posts.

So yea I stalk everyone all the time regardless of alignment. This isn't a tell, especially if they are friends

im not im commenting on what i think is a bit of a pattern.

im really hoping this game doesnt go Wot crazy like recent ones

I make no promises

Lol after last game I won't trust his WoT's that much anymore >.>

Good. Maybe I finally taught you people that WOTs are just circumstantial evidence, just blindly trusting them and not looking deeper is one of the easiest ways mafia can lead the town

Skimmer check. Seeing how many people actually open these. If its not many then I will stop using them

Say buffalo if you read this

So chuckles starts talking about distancing

Its almost like these two are distancing eeach other

Of course if Nolder wants to actually locate this mysterious game where this is supposed to have happened then fair enough.

Cloud attempts to link me and Nolder.

Goodness me the Mafia are being clumsy this game.

First of all you called Nol a liar so he either had to get the link or admit it by omission

You meant chuckles and yes

Last line bugs me

Yes. That's what I meant. Just had a snooze and woke up.

Cloud is paying very careful attention to the game.

The only game I have played in where Nolder Modded was labyrinth and I was a Hat and Town.

He is isn't he

Also once again you push Nol for the game

ithi you know i was just kidding right, but i still find it weird that nol has picked you and keeps on referencing stuff which are apparently part of his imagination

Really chuckles. This is mafia. Don't randomly kid with stuff like that, it doesn't help the town

Still ... Seems like it was important enough for you to go search back over a year to find it. To finally prove that I have indeed been Mafia in the past.

That's just precious.

So after baiting him to go get links that's how you react. That's scummy ithi

Lunch will continue after

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ug DM ate another post

Ok first ill get this done

Interesting.

Also whilst I remember. Only someone who felt I was being condescending would say I was being condescending.

When I said the Mafia were playing poorly Talya said I was being condescending.

Now Town wouldn't give a rat's behind what I called the Mafia. So she says ah well but YOU could be mafia. But why would that be condescending.

So I'm thinking Mish, Nolder, Talya and maybe Chuckles. There might be a 5th one out there - depends on the numbers really.

I also think Mish might be important in the Mafia Team. I've had a lot of pokes and nudges since I voted her. She also acted all invincible when she first posted. Super confident. It's what Mafia Godfathers and the like do.

Bold

|

|

\ /

(7:45)

[Media=

]

I wish you would read your posts and check they actually make sense Talya.

What was the pot and kettle bit?

And Player had you nailed as Mafia via the exlamation mark thing in the last game. Are you having you overuse them now I've mentioned them again in this game?

I'm leaning town on her this game, she isn't using them the same way or displaying the same things that bugged me. So yea

Ok woah woah everyone.

Talya has an exclamation problem. It is known.

Doesn't make her scum. Just excitable.

I don't get why you are so quick to jump on this. Seems pingy

Player was mafia, Ithi. 

And I don't think he really would have gotten a tell off of her if he was Town from !s.

dapianoplay3r

02-28-2013

05:08 PM ET (US)

EDIT

DELETE

If i didnr know better id swear talya was mafia lol

Why do you find it so hard to believe RTE?

And I've never understood why my playstye is scummy

Lol, you're kidding right?

Well it doesn't but it has gotten the game into the next gear and that's what I was aiming for

Sure kid

Three times Talya has asked ithi to vote a person when she is already voting someone she believes to be mafia. This feels like trying to protect a more important teammate. a few comments along the way...

Ok why? Why would be be so intense about protecting someone on day 1 after one vote?

im not  im commenting on what i think is a bit of a pattern.

im really hoping this game doesnt go Wot crazy like recent ones

what is this pattern, is it done when Ithi is mafia or Nol is Mafia or both Mafia or both Town, without that info it isn't really a patten feels like WIFOM spreading

kinda but I don't really feel it right now

>No. I don't recall that. I just think that Nolder believes if he says my name enough times along with the word Mafia then it will stick.

Of course if Nolder wants to actually locate this mysterious game where this is supposed to have happened then fair enough.

Cloud attempts to link me and Nolder.

Goodness me the Mafia are being clumsy this game.

The bolded part - Really?! Trying to push you self as town and being the victim of being set up...this irked me. And the last line, very patronising again it doesn't sit right. defends Nolder's play of attaching the word mafia to Ithi

but isn't that what ithi is doing? She's saying Mishs name over and over with mafia and trying to make it stick. I'm not really trusting Of mish but it seems a little hypocritical

He's picked me because he is not happy I have targetted Mish with my vote.

Also it is very easy distraction method. Try and make people look the other way so they don't notice what you are doing as much.

Basically it's because he is Mafia.

and yet you do not vote, Turin votes instead. why would he pick on you for targeting Mish...Didn't sound like you had a case on Mish for him to get upset. But then it does look a bit like what Turin has done, voting Chuckles after he said about you and Nol distancing...kettle/pot! Turin voted chuckles not Nolder who the above quote is about(also Nolder voted me not Ithi).Talya also defends Mish here. I voted chuckles because he is using a mafia tactic. attempting to link players. More suspicious as I believe one(Nolder) to be mafia and one(Ithi) to be town. coupled with the nudging of an Ithi lynch it looks really bad.

its the last part that I was interested in. So ithi is town according to you?

Still ... Seems like it was important enough for you to go search back over a year to find it. To finally prove that I have indeed been Mafia in the past.

That's just precious.

After you actually asked to find it...he did and now you accuse him! He did paint himself into a corner and pretty much had to either deliver or fess up. so somewhat valid.

it is valid

three strikes and you are out. It looks very much like you are trying to get that one little real vote off of Mish. not sure why but it is interesting

i accept that mish is pushing, but I can't see why she would do that as mafia. She is kinda a skittish mafia normally

In the process of looking these up I found something else that is sitting odd. back in a bit.

If I had known that, I wouldn't still have my joke vote. I don't have a proper feel for anyone just yet.

Admitting first post is "joke" vote. The whole "I don't have a read on anyone yet" line is a cop out IMO. You felt strongly enough about chuckles and Ithi to basically call them both mafia. go ahead and vote. Don't want to OMGUS Ithi? don't want to vote a teammate so early day 1?
So you think ithi is mafia now?

Interesting.

Also whilst I remember. Only someone who felt I was being condescending would say I was being condescending.

When I said the Mafia were playing poorly Talya said I was being condescending.

you are condescending in lots of games but in this one you are using it differently

Now Town wouldn't give a rat's behind what I called the Mafia. So she says ah well but YOU could be mafia. But why would that be condescending.

so how about we read this as you being mafia. Now suddenly that whole argument falls apart. Being condescending doesn't make you Mafia and neither does calling you out for it

So I'm thinking Mish, Nolder, Talya and maybe Chuckles. There might be a 5th one out there - depends on the numbers really.

I also think Mish might be important in the Mafia Team. I've had a lot of pokes and nudges since I voted her. She also acted all invincible when she first posted. Super confident. It's what Mafia Godfathers and the like do.

That's just a stretch and a half. If she was a godfather why not let her weather her own battles? As long as she survives she would likely get viewed and then come up as town. So if she is mafia and a GF trying to protect her is just stupid

Dap, I have to disagree with you on Ithi. Maybe your not really as sober as you think you are. Or mafia. that was an impressive little nudge. using a variant of the "gut feeling".

But in the post above you suggested she was mafia with Mish?

No she's different this game, go read the ultimate thread again if you aren't sure

And no it wasn't a gut. My gut was not getting a read on her but my meta was. Ones instinctual and the other is logical

turin im not sure you disagreeing with dap carries any weight. a) your biased

b) you have said in the past that you arent good at reading ithi.  probably because of that bias.

why did you have to say that. He they will be all up in arms about the bond being used.

Also it makes him rather good at reading her, she has mentioned this fact several times

however i do somewhat agree with you. She is doing what she normally does  she is just a little quieter then ive seen in the past.

@Ithi  I could be wrong about the nol thing. Ive seen you in a couple of games now and im sure ive seen someone in particular have a tendency to go back and forth with you early on. I thought that was Nol. maybe i was wrong.

Hello all.  Please continue unofficial vote counts until I return.  My sincere apologies for the absence, my computer has some seriously corrupt files that are interfering with basic usage.  Currently it will not even run the command prompt fully.  

So I am working on it and will be back as soon as I possibly can.  If this doesn't happen within a few days I will ask Lily to give the setup to another player who can take over.

Thank you for your patience and help.

Stop going on those naughty sites and this won't happen

Or get a good antivirus

Also I tend to ignore Turin. He does his own thing in Mafia and if I respond to anything he does it gets dragged down into the 'Turin and Ithi got Bonded' show.

If he's still alive on D4 then he's probably Mafia.

In the ultimate game you didn't ignore him. Infact you two worked together fairly well and I ended up shot cos he thought I was budding too much.

I'm Mafia because I'm 'pushing' a Mish Lynch.

I don't recall pushing for her Lynch and I don't think anyone else is voting for her. I do think my vote on her worried a lot of people when really, it's just a single vote.

But since then I've several people come out and attack me and name me Mafia. And all because I placed my single vote on a person who I believe is Mafia.

If you think she is mafia why aren't you pushing her lynch? To me if you are town and think someone is mafia, you push their lynch.

By naming someone mafia it immediately pushes for a lynch on that person

I understand that you don't want to stand up and say you know she is definitely Town because that's impossible unless YOU are Mafia. Also if you are both Mafia you don't really want to be seen to be saying you think she is Town.

So you hoped your ambiguous statement would go un-noticed and when it didn't your downgraded your feelings on Mish's Towniness over a number of posts.

And now you say you will believe she is Mafia if the Cop views her. Nice direction. If she is the GF then she will view Town. Is that what you want ?

I said a similar thing in several games and you didn't seem to care. Ill even second what Cloud says here. I often think mish is town but I can't read her too well so I'm often wrong.

And then the GF thing, according to you everyone is freaking out cos of one legit vote (not that I think your vote started as legit) yet now you say it's all in an aim to get her viewed? Well why bother getting involved? Mish can dig her own dam holes and save her self if she is a GF and not tangle herself with the whole team (according to you)

It doesn't make sense for her to do what she did as mafia with a,, the other people you think are mafia

Nolder and Talya and You ALL attacked me after I voted Mish.

I didn't vote her because she made an alleged Joke Vote. I voted her because I think she is Mafia.

If you think she is mafia then you want us to lynch her, so you are pushing her lynch

There is no shame in that, either say you want her dead and admit to pushing a lynch or don't name someone mafia

Ithi is applying pressure all around the block, tweaking noses, waiting for mafia to make mistakes. She's following her town meta exactly. So why are you trying to discredit her? Are you scared that she's gonna root out your teammates early? Want to get a power player out of the game as soon as possible?

It's disturbing that you (among others) seem to think it's ok, even good, for Ithi to "tweak noses" but jump to her defense when someone tweaks her back. It's day 1 and she is not clear. She's as open for prodding for reactions as anyone else.

You, Ithi, Turin, Arez, and anyone else who thinks otherwise can take your idiotic case of "distracting town from a case" and "derailing lynches" and turn it right back on yourselves because that's exactly what you are doing.

yes. no one is clear to all. But like Maw has stated Ithi is completely on her town meta. well I disagree

she plays as a lightning rod. somehow the mafia get atracted and can't keep from trying to take her out.

really? She seems to be throwing more lightning than attracting it

I am still watching but she hasn't exhibited anything as yet to suggest she is mafia. and when town she usually gets results so I am willing to believe for now. hmm, I don't feel it, I feel more like she she acting like her meta than playing to her meta. I don't think she is displaying mafia traits per say but I don't feel like she is quite real

Whose lynch Are we trying to derail? Ithi's? cause we think she is town and being helpful to town. So take your shot and we will see who is town and who is not.

Actually ithi, what do you think of Turin this game. Think hard on it

Oh ed. I love your tutorials

Ahh, that's the way my brain works when typing...but not hard to work out. And I check for spellings so it's the words slightly wrong (but spelt right), trouble is I can read through it and still see what I wanted to say, I have the problem all the time, can't help it so you will have to get used to it...sorry

Read them out loud before you post. It will fix the issue

Yeah, pretty much what I said earlier. Ithi and her gang don't seem to realize they're doing the exact same thing they're demonizing others for.

Lol that gave me a chuckle

Because Cloud feigns his ignorance so obvious, I will clarify it for you.

Nolder/Cloud wants to know how I hunt scum.

I accidentaly tell them how i hunt scum.

The mafia now knows how I hunt scum.

I'm not able to hunt scum anymore.

That would have happened if I actually answered your question properly.

If knowing how you do it means it stops working then it is a flawed system

Or, to specify.

If you have the belief that scumhunting only can be done in one way. Why even bother wondering how I'm doing it?

It's. meta thing, if you do it one way and then suddenly change for no reason then it's a ping.

Also if you change halfway through a game or show inconsistencies it's a ping

Nol, you say you sometimes look for roles such as doc or cop. Is this when town? I am sure when mafia you would be looking to spot town power roles to put them on the mafia hit list. This is another reason why town role hinting is bad btw.

Also cloud, you stated that you are POSITIVE that Ithi is mafia. Aside from my opinion that you are wrong, no one is sure on day 1. And it is generally the mafia that speak in absolutes. unvote vote cloud

I look for PRs all the time, I used to keep a list of possible roles people hint at when I kept notes

Also Ithi seems pretty sure Mish is mafia. I know she has said think pretty much each time, but it's not hard. I always make sure I say mafia not scum just so I don't have a meta in that one thing when I do play as mafia, it's not hard to make sure you say one word. So she seems rather sure for a day one

That's a silly question. I wouldn't have voted her if I didn't think she was Mafia.

So you though she was mafia after 3 posts?

#10 mish arrives and votes cloud

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/80798-darthes-mafia-day-one-the-opera-house/?p=2850867

#16 she jokes with Turin

#21 ithi votes her. Two posts, enough at times to get your gut going but not to vote for being mafia

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/80798-darthes-mafia-day-one-the-opera-house/?p=2850912

#30 mish is still jokey

#31 ithi is sure

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/80798-darthes-mafia-day-one-the-opera-house/?p=2850955

Come on

Nol, can you show where Ithi said she was positive, certain, etc... That mish or anyone else is mafia?

Post #31 "Nolder is mafia too". Not might be, not could be, -is-.

Post #52 "It's amazing how many times the Mafia Team will try and use the Turin & Ithi show to distract people from their own mistakes. Apparently that never gets tired." Referring to my post (#50).

Post #202 "Goodness me the Mafia are being clumsy this game. " The mafia.

Post #208 "Basically it's because he is Mafia." He -is- mafia.

Post #225 "I cannot vote for two people, even if they are both Mafia. " -Are- both mafia.

Post #231 "Also why would anyone be annoyed about me calling the Mafia out for poor play." The mafia.

Haha that was awesome. I do like you Nol

I think Turin is mafia, gut mainly, I'm sure I can get a case on him if you want but who of you even trust those now. Ithi I think he is leading you a bit, look closely at him

vote Turin

Dap, my comment was in regard to Mish saying that perhaps Chuckles was trying to push at Ithi to "gain town cred". By that statement SHE (Mish) would be trying to say that both Chuckles and Ithi were mafia. Than later she says that she doesn't have a mafia read on anyone as yet. To me that is contradictory.

Read more carefully. Mish was trying to say that Chuckles and Ithi were mafia. Not me. you are either confused or purposely getting this wrong. The part about the OMGUS was for her not voting Ithi. The teammate part was for her not voting chuckles. Later Mish comes back to say that she has a town read on Ithi thereby making the OMGUS portion moot.

Like I said earlier I see Ithi as being on her town meta. I have played many more games with her than you and I actually do read her pretty well. I believe the game that I said I was unsure I was actually mafia and needed to work up a bogus case on her as she was town then.

As far as the GF thing goes. Being a GF doesn't help any at all if they get lynched on Day 1 before the cop can view them town. Some people try to play just scummy enough to get viewed but not so much that they actually get lynched. Ithi does have a pretty good track record for finding them on D1 however.

Missed your vote Dap. Waste your time casing me if you want. I do like how the vote comes first.

Nol, In none of those posts does Ithi say she is positive... call it semantics if you will but there is a reason why certain words are used. Everyone says that other are mafia. They generally do not say they are positive someone is mafia.

And if you look at the other games like you say that you do you will see that she speaks like that all the time.

finally, Why did her comment about the clumsy mafia strike you as a problem?

OK, its 3:00 in the morning, I'm not supposed to be awake, so I don't have time to go back and quote. First of all, Arez's whole I won't tell you how I scumhunt because then you'll know is B.S. Not only that though, it gives him an excuse not to scumhunt and pretend like he actually is scumhunting. Therefore, FoS on Arez. Turin brings up the positive language in Cloud's posts and says that this means Cloud is more likely to be mafia, Nol counters by showing examples of Ithi being positive by using is and are, and then Turin counters again by saying that he is looking at the usage of words such as positively in themselves. IMO, Turin's logic is flawed here, even though he is right in saying that he is looking for absolute words instead of the normal instinct to say is or are, mafia would not want to draw attention to themselves by saying positively or anything like that, that would be fairly stupid, and multiple times as well. So in the end, FoSes on Turin and Arez right now as well, keeping my vote on Talya for right now, but that might change at some point.

Nol, In none of those posts does Ithi say she is positive... call it semantics if you will but there is a reason why certain words are used. Everyone says that other are mafia. They generally do not say they are positive someone is mafia.

Omission of uncertainty seems intentional to me and I'm not the only one who thought so.

Oh this is perfect! Both Dap and Rand! Didn't think this would work so well!

Dap. Your whole WoY is complete and utter waste of my time. 15 minutes of analyzing and what do I get? The same bs as everyone else is doing, fencesitting. Not only that, but you make an entire WoT based on Ithi's every single post, the you vote Turin based on GUTFEELING. (buffalo)

And Rand sides with Cloud, who I said that I'm pretty sure is mafia.

And one more thing Rand, rest of your little post is kust blatant wifom.

Will redo my vote when I get on a computer

Lurking most of the game, then thinks he can simply make a WoT and everything's alright, not only that, but his WoT is devoid of information and reeks of fencesitting. Lastly, his vote on Turin can't even be polished to look good enough.

Unvote, Vote Dapianoplay3r

Then it doesn't matter. I simply start with the assumption that everyone is scum. Then I go about eliminating people from that list until there are few left.

Others probably start with the assumption that everyone is town. Then go about eliminating people from that list until there are few left.

I can actually understand starting with everyone as scum, although I usually see it as I don't trust anyone. However, from your part list, people that have hardly been on or said anything, you have down as town already, quick change from being scum, with hardly any data to back it up. How does that work? Also you go around eliminating people, really? People never completely are eliminated if you are scum hunting, or at least they shouldn't be. When reading the thread, and rereading, my views change. For example, the Ithi situation: She could be scum, or others around her who are buddying up to her are scum, some could be misguided. I have these thoughts all the time, and they change as others post. I don't just eliminate someone and assume they are town after a couple of posts. Sounds like you are trying too hard with this scum hunting. 

The bit between you and Nol was also a bit off. I couldn't quite get me head round the whole thing. Too much on this scum hunting made it look like you were trying to prove yourself a little too much.

Nol, you say you sometimes look for roles such as doc or cop. Is this when town? I am sure when mafia you would be looking to spot town power roles to put them on the mafia hit list. This is another reason why town role hinting is bad btw.

Also cloud, you stated that you are POSITIVE that Ithi is mafia. Aside from my opinion that you are wrong, no one is sure on day 1. And it is generally the mafia that speak in absolutes.

unvote vote cloud

There have been others that have been so positive too, Ithi, being one of them, you too about Ithi, and yet this is day 1. So I see double standards here.

Missed your vote Dap. Waste your time casing me if you want. I do like how the vote comes first.

Nol, In none of those posts does Ithi say she is positive... call it semantics if you will but there is a reason why certain words are used. Everyone says that other are mafia. They generally do not say they are positive someone is mafia.

And if you look at the other games like you say that you do you will see that she speaks like that all the time.

finally, Why did her comment about the clumsy mafia strike you as a problem?

It's never a waste of time casing anyone. Because, not only does it make people look at your, those you have interacted with and also the person doing the casing! 

Oh this is perfect! Both Dap and Rand! Didn't think this would work so well!

Dap. Your whole WoY is complete and utter waste of my time. 15 minutes of analyzing and what do I get? The same bs as everyone else is doing, fencesitting. Not only that, but you make an entire WoT based on Ithi's every single post, the you vote Turin based on GUTFEELING. (buffalo)

And Rand sides with Cloud, who I said that I'm pretty sure is mafia.

And one more thing Rand, rest of your little post is kust blatant wifom.

Will redo my vote when I get on a computer

Why does this work so well? No analysing is a waste of time, because it can be used later. 

Fencesitting - I actually find that town do this as much as mafia, so doesn't really mean much. I have to admit, that at the moment I feel like this, I'm not sure who is mafia and who is town. I look at things that have happened and I can see a reason why they might say something as Mafia and then see it as maybe being town too. However I did feel with Dap's analysing that he seemed to focus on Ithi and then voted Turin. 

I find the whole Arez/Nol thing very confusing and distracting. Arez's play has been odd to me too, when he was first asked for his view on the game, he came up with a flippant remark about thinking the game was good so far. There were also some other comments on a similar vein. I felt he was trying to think of what to say, but staying active at the same time. He never did finish his list, saying it was boring. And yet we have a couple of pages of how he analyses everything. So surely he has a complete list. 

UNVOTE VOTE AREZ

On a side note: Thanks Dap, reading out loud made it easier, I'm just going to end up annoying the heck out of my daughter :biggrin:

Ok, clear town read on Dap; a definite different feeling over that WoT than in the game we were mafia together recently. I also agree with his conclusion. unvote vote Turin ------------- I'll be a bit scarce today, heading out for the rest of the day, will be back somewere around midnight my time.

Ok, clear town read on Dap; a definite different feeling over that WoT than in the game we were mafia together recently. I also agree with his conclusion. unvote vote Turin ------------- I'll be a bit scarce today, heading out for the rest of the day, will be back somewere around midnight my time.

So to be clear. You agree with his GUTconclusion that Turin is scum? Nice one.

I agree with Arez here, Mish. How can you possibly agree with Dap's conclusion if he was casing Ithi? Dap's case on Ithi was a good one, but his vote on Turin wasn't really explained.

Player's WoT on me ending with a vote on Turin was very strange.

It was very like the big WoTs he did in his previous game, apart from he didn't vote at all usually after them. I think he did it to see who would blindly follow his vote and guess who did - Mish.

I'm sorry but I'm having a difficult time staying motivated to post on DM at the moment, but I will try.

Archived