DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Darthe's Mafia Game Over. Mafia Wins.

Darthe

But people in this game doesn't take anything for granted Rand; so if I was hoping that people would take it for granted and give me a free pass I must be beyond stupid. And last time I checked, I'm not :laugh:

Talya; Night 4, as you know.

how would I know? You could have been given it during the day, I was checking when you got it!

As for you being in forefront of the suspicion stuff, you weren't really. In fact many people thought that you were more likely town than Ley. Funny how you are suddenly very active and very outspoken after you reveal this, you do it everytime you reveal something (I believe you did the same in the Indiana game as well). 

As for the Mafia piling on that Ed vote, I have to agree with Rand about this. I don't think all of them would be. However I do think there would be at least one or two. Rand started the lynch, (I still think he is Mafia), I still think Ley is more likely town, and I know that I'm town. So that leaves BG. Who was there waiting for the end of day - Rand and BG. I think they were happy to get either Ed or Ley and had it all worked out that if I hadn't gone for ed and gone for Ley instead, then Rand would have changed his vote to that. 

That doesn't prove that you are telling the truth about the VC (at Mish). But it could be they used it to make sure they lynched someone they wanted to. (I hope that makes sense)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talya, I get this worked up and active when I feel like I'm getting the grip on a game. I've been thinking hard on this ever since N4 and I'm pushing it now that I can finally say it. It was killing me last Day when I couldn't say anything. Ed's lynch happened almost exactly as I thought it would. I guessed that since there wasn't one big pile-up after I voted, that it was only 3 mafia left and that Rand must be mafia since it still wasn't a pile-up after my vote. And that they could just cross their fingers that town didn't decide to all pile on another person so that someone would have to consolidate on Ed.

Crack

The game was so very near to it's completion.  The Duke and Count together were a formidable opponent for even the Grand Paul Morphy.  The Duke wasn't using his queen-side effectively, but then neither of them had devoted time to traditional opening strategies.  

Crack

When that poor man had been strung up earlier it had been so very frightening.  He didn't even struggle.  His face was stuck in your mind however.  Nobody could move in the dark, those were the rules.  Moving in the dark got you killed, dropped the floors around you.  But things were so close now.  How could you not fear?

Crack

That noise was so unnerving.  What was it?

The lights flared to life, and another poor soul was gone.  He had been pinned to the stage, wooden stakes driven into his wrists.  

The constable was dead.  Fear gripped them.  Dapianoplayer would be mourned by many, if they lived to tell the tale.

That is a shame, but at least we know Dap is telling the truth. makes you question a Doc claim as well as a jailkeeper.

Talya, I get this worked up and active when I feel like I'm getting the grip on a game. I've been thinking hard on this ever since N4 and I'm pushing it now that I can finally say it. It was killing me last Day when I couldn't say anything. Ed's lynch happened almost exactly as I thought it would. I guessed that since there wasn't one big pile-up after I voted, that it was only 3 mafia left and that Rand must be mafia since it still wasn't a pile-up after my vote. And that they could just cross their fingers that town didn't decide to all pile on another person so that someone would have to consolidate on Ed.

There was a big pile up? Really, things didn't move for ages, so that is rubbish, in fact things were a little fluid at one point. Ithi voted Ed at one point, then went to Ley for example. It was open field and as I know I'm town, I know what you are saying is rubbish. There was no pile up. look again who was around at deadline, who was there to try and make sure either Ley or Ed got it. If Dap had gone for Ley then I think Rand would have swapped over, because they would have preferred to have Ley a watcher dead. If they had you as an extra vote they didn't need to play it so coy if all they wanted was Ed gone, They edged their bets, if you voted Ed they had that route (a few people calling him out) and Ley because he was a watcher. 

Cloud who did you protect last night? (I think I can guess though). Ley who did you watch? Mish who did you visit? You seem to have forgotten that bit when you have come out so strongly. 

As my top two are Rand and BG, and here comes BG to try and get the vote on Ley going. 

VOTE Rand

But people in this game doesn't take anything for granted Rand; so if I was hoping that people would take it for granted and give me a free pass I must be beyond stupid. And last time I checked, I'm not :laugh:

Talya; Night 4, as you know.

This seems to be a lie. A VC would not go through in the Night - especially as we now know that Dap was a Jailer. Mish would not receive such a direction until the start of Day in case she was chosen by Dap. I am going to go back at some point and see if she had any suspicions of Eddie prior to Day 5 starting.

Why would Talya 'know' when Mish's alleged VC occured also.

Ithi; I don't know. I thought my list made sense, to me at least. Why are you so hung up on that?

I'm leaning more towards trusting Dap's claim. Yeah he's been off in this game, but that in itself is not a scum tell when it comes to him, as everyone who played the Indy game know... Dpa can play more town as mafia than as town... I kept forgetting he was mafia and I was on his team!

I think there's mafia hiding in the "vanillas". Especially Ed gives me a bad feeling. So apparantly he's 1shot vig, but he hasn't used it... Even now where he seems so confident that Dap and Rand are mafia (without giving any reasons, but stating it like he has some information we don't), but he didn't use his vig shot on any of them during the night. His play has been erratic to say the least... I don't think I've played in a game with Ed where he's been mafia so I have no idea how his mafia meta is. This is where I'm most tempted to place my vote now.

This is not the post of someone who has been vote controlled. She does not actually vote for Eddie until later - but is already setting the scene. When challenged on her reasonings for suspecting Eddie she back thems them up further - but I can only do one quote at a time.

@ Mish - if your vote had been controlled during Night 4 why did you not just vote for Eddie straight away? Also why would you back up and defend your vote and case him ... why would it matter if you got Lynched because of having to do this? If you are Town why are you more important than another role ... especially as you did the whole 'vote for me' thing in your second incarnation.

I do not believe that your vote was controlled.

Day 4 Final Vote Count:

Dap (3/7): Ed, Cloud, Mish

Rand (5/7): Ithi, Turin, Dap, Chuckles, Arez

Ithi (4/7): Talya, BG, Ley, Rand

Not Voting (0/12):

Here is Mish sitting on the Dap Train at the end of Day 4 (Failed Lynch) ... but you can see in the previous post I quoted that by Day 5 she has decided that Dap is probably Town??? Probably because they have made the decision to Kill him on Night 5 and she doesn't want to get tarnished by his death.

I protected Talya last Night. I have a town read on her, and she also has quite strong ideas regarding some players so I thought she would be a good kill option for the mafia. I certainly didn't expect that Dap would be killed.

you are on top of my list tomorrow. You've been totally useless this game; for all your bragging about finding scum in the first couple of days of a game, so far you've only advocated townie deaths,

I'd just like to point this out. Mish thinks I've been totally useless in this Game - because I haven't found a Mafia yet. Totally useless because I've failed.

If I was a Mafia and she believed that I was she would not have called me useless because she would believe I was doing it on purpose as some part of some diabolical scheme - but instead I am useless because I have failed. This is because I do not know for sure who the Mafia are.

I think Rand is Mafia because he didn't get hammered - they would have found some reason or other to justify it.

I think Mish is Mafia because she knows I failed to find Mafia and despite her saying it is because I am Mafia myself she pointed out my failure.

Leyrann is probably also Mafia and tied up in the whole scheme with Rand and Mish.

But I don't know for sure and won't until the game ends.

Here she is calling me useless in this Game ... I won't repeat my explanation of what this means.

I voted on Dap because of the three candidates, he was the one I saw it as least loss to town to lose, if they were all town. If Ley is town watcher his role is much more useful, and I'm willing to give Rand the night to do whatever it is he says he can and then lynch him tomorrow if it turns out he lied.

Here is the reasoning given for voting Dap ... oh and I was supposed to be at the top of her list, but the next day I didn't even make her top 4 picks for Mafia

Ithi didn't vote for Ed as far as I can remember, not on the final vote count at least.

And yes, I got my VC during the night, before day started. About two and a half day before day started.

That is a shame, but at least we know Dap is telling the truth. makes you question a Doc claim as well as a jailkeeper.

There was a big pile up? Really, things didn't move for ages, so that is rubbish, in fact things were a little fluid at one point. Ithi voted Ed at one point, then went to Ley for example. It was open field and as I know I'm town, I know what you are saying is rubbish. There was no pile up. look again who was around at deadline, who was there to try and make sure either Ley or Ed got it. If Dap had gone for Ley then I think Rand would have swapped over, because they would have preferred to have Ley a watcher dead. If they had you as an extra vote they didn't need to play it so coy if all they wanted was Ed gone, They edged their bets, if you voted Ed they had that route (a few people calling him out) and Ley because he was a watcher. 

Cloud who did you protect last night? (I think I can guess though). Ley who did you watch? Mish who did you visit? You seem to have forgotten that bit when you have come out so strongly. 

As my top two are Rand and BG, and here comes BG to try and get the vote on Ley going. 

VOTE Rand

Talya, READ my fricking post. I said there WASN'T a big pile-up.

I seem to have forgotten what?

I visited Cloud.

Day 4 Final Vote Count:

Dap (3/7): Ed, Cloud, Mish

Rand (5/7): Ithi, Turin, Dap, Chuckles, Arez

Ithi (4/7): Talya, BG, Ley, Rand

Not Voting (0/12):

Here is Mish sitting on the Dap Train at the end of Day 4 (Failed Lynch) ... but you can see in the previous post I quoted that by Day 5 she has decided that Dap is probably Town??? Probably because they have made the decision to Kill him on Night 5 and she doesn't want to get tarnished by his death.

Look at the Train on Rand. Everyone on it was confirmed Town and now DEAD - apart from I'm not dead but I am Town but NOT confirmed.

The Mafia could have easily have gained a Lynch here. They must have been just as worried about it going Random but they didn't. THEY DID NOT VOTE FOR RAND. And if he was Town why on earth would they not. One Dead Townie is just as good as another surely.

So Rand is Mafia. They didn't want him to die.

And Mish is Mafia too.

BG & Talya you pair are confusing me - because I think Ley is the 3rd Mafia.

Ithi: All those posts from Day 4 was the day I was emotional mess, I've already said I shouldn't have played at all; my mother had reared her ugly head and upset me so much, I wasn't rational, didn't think straight. I transfered my irritation to the game, and it went out on you, and I've already said sorry. No, I do not remember why I chose voting Dap. The whole evening is a blur and I couldn't remember posting at all when I woke up the next day.

Ithi; I don't know. I thought my list made sense, to me at least. Why are you so hung up on that?

I'm leaning more towards trusting Dap's claim. Yeah he's been off in this game, but that in itself is not a scum tell when it comes to him, as everyone who played the Indy game know... Dpa can play more town as mafia than as town... I kept forgetting he was mafia and I was on his team!

I think there's mafia hiding in the "vanillas". Especially Ed gives me a bad feeling. So apparantly he's 1shot vig, but he hasn't used it... Even now where he seems so confident that Dap and Rand are mafia (without giving any reasons, but stating it like he has some information we don't), but he didn't use his vig shot on any of them during the night. His play has been erratic to say the least... I don't think I've played in a game with Ed where he's been mafia so I have no idea how his mafia meta is. This is where I'm most tempted to place my vote now.

This is not the post of someone who has been vote controlled. She does not actually vote for Eddie until later - but is already setting the scene. When challenged on her reasonings for suspecting Eddie she back thems them up further - but I can only do one quote at a time.

@ Mish - if your vote had been controlled during Night 4 why did you not just vote for Eddie straight away? Also why would you back up and defend your vote and case him ... why would it matter if you got Lynched because of having to do this? If you are Town why are you more important than another role ... especially as you did the whole 'vote for me' thing in your second incarnation.

It mattered if I got lynched now because I had information to give town. Or do you think it's unimportant that town knows that there is a VC'er? Irrelevant if you believe me now or not; on a general basis, isn't the most important thing that town gets all the available information?

And everyone STILL going on about the Random being all my fault needs to look at that vote count and then wonder why he didn't get Lynched.

I was right about Rand. All the Dead Townies were right too.

Talya, BG, Ley, Rand - all tried to jump start another Train. Because they didn't want Rand to die. And yet yesterday there were votes changing for the 'greater good' and 'consolidation' and 'we MUST achieve a Lynch' and a Townie got Lynched.

I'm really annoyed. I can't trust any of you.

This is actually a really good point, Mish can you answer this question on why you built up to your vote on Eddie?  A common strategy when one has been VCed is to try and make it stick out as much as possible such as casing someone and then randomly voting someone.  It really doesn't make sense that you cased him first without voting for him, building up to your vote.  Its like you were trying too hard not to get lynched, and then thought of the VC idea in the middle of the day.

Ithi didn't vote for Ed as far as I can remember, not on the final vote count at least.

And yes, I got my VC during the night, before day started. About two and a half day before day started.

VOTE Rand

Talya, READ my fricking post. I said there WASN'T a big pile-up.

I seem to have forgotten what?

I visited Cloud.

This might actually be a potential slip.  I just looked at the last Darthe game I had where I was a PR, the Ultimate Showdown where I was Liam Neeson the cop, and Darthe only gave me my results either literally right before he posted, or most commonly after he posted the scene.  As Ley is the only type of informative role, if he could confirm this, that would be great, but I think Mish messed up here.

Archived