Photo

Do's and Don'ts READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 jenniferl

jenniferl

Balrog of Love

• Administrators
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 01:06 PM

Welcome to our new structured WoT discussion board. Here are some Do's and Don'ts to get you started.

DO read before you post. We expect you to read to the last fifteen pages or fifteen days of posts before you respond to a thread, which ever is shorter. Someone went to the trouble of posting that for you, the least you can do is read it.

DON'T post spoilers in the book title threads. Not everyone has read everything yet. If you noticed a great connection between something Rand said in "TEOTW" and something Mat did in "KOD", post it in the KOD thread. Any other thread is fine to post spoilers in.

DO check to make sure you're posting in the most appropriate thread. Use the search function if you need to.

DON'T post "Me too!" messages. Only post if you have something of substance to say.

DO use correct spelling and grammar. We're not Nazis, we won't freak out over a misplaced apostrophe or occasional typo. But make an effort to have your post be readable. Use the shift key and make paragraph breaks.

DON'T freak out over all these rules.

DO have fun posting here.

#2 jenniferl

jenniferl

Balrog of Love

• Administrators
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 03:43 PM

We're starting to delete posts that don't follow the Do's and Don'ts. You won't always get a note saying why, because I'm not going to clog up the threads with a discussion of what you did and why it needed to go. If you post something and it disappears, look over the rules and try it again.

#3 Ishydin

Ishydin
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 10:23 PM

i just want to clear up something. In regards to spoilers, is the new spring considered to come before or after the first 10 books of the series?

#4 jenniferl

jenniferl

Balrog of Love

• Administrators
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:54 AM

Let's say before, since its marketed as a second entry point. We may change that later.

#5 SwordGuard

SwordGuard
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:46 PM

i just want to clear up something.  In regards to spoilers, is the new spring considered to come before or after the first 10 books of the series?

The New Spring came out after the first three novels, but it's more like a prologue to the series. It clears up a lot of fuzzy information about the Fortelling of Rand's coming and the meeting of Lan and Moraine

#6 Inveli

Inveli
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 03:45 PM

Welcome to our new structured WoT discussion board. Here are some Do's and Don'ts to get you started.

DO read before you post. We expect you to read to the last fifteen pages or fifteen days of posts before you respond to a thread, which ever is shorter. Someone went to the trouble of posting that for you, the least you can do is read it.

DON'T post spoilers in the book title threads. Not everyone has read everything yet. If you noticed a great connection between something Rand said in "TEOTW" and something Mat did in "KOD", post it in the KOD thread. Any other thread is fine to post spoilers in.

DO check to make sure you're posting in the most appropriate thread. Use the search function if you need to.

DON'T post "Me too!" messages. Only post if you have something of substance to say.

DO use correct spelling and grammar. We're not Nazis, we won't freak out over a misplaced apostrophe or occasional typo. But make an effort to have your post be readable. Use the shift key and make paragraph breaks.

DON'T freak out over all these rules.

DO have fun posting here.

So many rules...I'M FREAKING OUT!!!

#7 Braus

Braus
  • Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:12 AM

DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO.. so hard to think of that word as anything except the dark one nowadays >.<

#8 Charlz Guybon

Charlz Guybon
  • Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:24 PM

It's been more than half a year since TGS was released and the release of ToM is getting ever nearer. When will we be able to post TGS spoilers in this forum?

#9 Majsju

Majsju
  • Members
  • 9,963 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:55 AM

When we open for TGS spoilers on other boards. Usually, that is around when the book is released in paperback.

#10 Majsju

Majsju
  • Members
  • 9,963 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:29 AM

Ok, since we have opened the general board for TGS spoilers, they are now allowed here as well. Go nuts.

#11 From the Isle of Madmen

From the Isle of Madmen
  • Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

Is it possible to get at least a "Like" option (no need for "dislike" to avoid offending others)? Sometimes you just want to say, "I never thought about it like that!" or "Me too!" or something similar...

#12 Zappa3837

Zappa3837
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

In regards to the book "the Dragon Reborn": Was the merchant woman and her guards that rand killed (they approached him and asked if they could share his fire) just normal people, or dark friends? If they were just normal people, that makes him a murderer, so please tell me they were dark friends. I hope I just missed something.

#13 Majsju

Majsju
  • Members
  • 9,963 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:15 AM

In regards to the book "the Dragon Reborn": Was the merchant woman and her guards that rand killed (they approached him and asked if they could share his fire) just normal people, or dark friends? If they were just normal people, that makes him a murderer, so please tell me they were dark friends. I hope I just missed something.

This is not a thread for that kind of questions.
Posted Image

#14 AesSedaiGuy

AesSedaiGuy

Aes Sedai of the White Ajah

• Members
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

Is it possible to get at least a "Like" option (no need for "dislike" to avoid offending others)? Sometimes you just want to say, "I never thought about it like that!" or "Me too!" or something similar...

This is a good suggestion, site-wide.

Posted Image

A man can find no measure of peace or form of wisdom until he acknowledges he is both an intellectual, thinking being and an emotional, primal being.. ~The WildTaltos