Mat Blew What?: "The Great Hunt"

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#81 mb

mb
  • Members
  • 5,086 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:28 PM

In chapter 8, Nynaeve has a voice inside her head. What exactly is it (besides a voice)?

The scene::

Light what have they done to him [Rand]? I should have gotten him away from Moiraine somehow, the Light blind her. I'm his Wisdom.
Are you,
a small voice taunted. You've abandoned Emond's Field to fend for itself. Can you still call yourself their Wisdom?
I did not abandon them,
she told herself fiercely. I brought Mavra Mallen from Devon Ride to look after matters till I get back. She can deal well enough with the Mayor and the Village Council, and she gets on well with the Women's Circle.
Mavra will have to get back to her own village. No village can do without its Wisdom for long.

Matthew 28:19-20
I Kings 18:21
Romans 1:16
Philippians 4:6-7

#82 Alric

Alric
  • Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:05 AM

I have a question about Moiraine and Siuan's talk in Fal Dara. Moiraine informs Siuan about Rand being who he is and the three ta'veren. But she deliberately does not mention the fact that they met and fought and killed two Forsaken. Why? She obviously trusts Siuan, and she may be the only one she can trust, so why does she hold it back? Does she think it is better that Siuan doesn't know in case of the BA finding out? Or is she afraid of Siuan deciding to guard Rand instead of letting him run free and being guided by Moiraine? I don't really believe any of these but that's the explanations I can think of... It obvious that its been long since they met in person, but they wouldn't talk like they do if they didn't trust each other, so I am still having problems with figuring out why Moiraine is holding back.

Edited by Alric, 03 September 2011 - 11:10 AM.

#83 Quazie89

Quazie89
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:30 AM

I'm having a hard time deciding which just might be my most favorite book in the sries, the first one, or this one, but I think it's a tie. I just love the action at the end of this one, because, for me, it is still one of the scenes in the series that stick out the most in my mind.
Posted Image