DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[SG Faire: Wolfkin] Wolfkin Name

Christine

In the Wheel of Time, a Wolfbrother (or Sister) is someone that develops a relationship with Wolves and gains some Wolfish abilities.  This includes enhance sight and smell, the ability to tell emotions, and joining the Wolf Dream (Also known as Tel'aran'rhiod).

But, to the Wolves that a Wolfbrother grows attached to, our names are not correct.  I would never be known as Christine.  That doesn't express the image that is needed.  The emotion that a Wolf feels.  

Perrin is known as Young Bull, because he is young and strong.

Elyas is known as Long Tooth, because of the long knife that he carries.

The Question I pose to you is this : 

Hopper and his pack have just run into you.  You are a member of the pack.  You are Wolfkin.  What do they call you?  And why?  Do you agree with the name?

I actually have a Wolfkin Name, that I rather like.  It is Brook Melody.  This was given to me by members of the WKSG after I reached the last rank of Elder.  I rather like it.  It expresses the idea of a calm brook through a forest, with the water flowing gently against rocks and the dirt on either side, and just flowing along.  I think it's beautiful, and it fits me... somewhat.  It is more like the person I want to be.

It is the wolf name I would WANT Hopper to give me.

That being said, my name would likely be more like Burning Leaf, in that I'm rather hotheaded, and I seem to float around against everything.  Or perhaps Burning Rock, since I'm also hardheaded and fling myself against things.  And I would probably hate it.

I'm going to go for Spring Wind. 

Sometimes calm and light (when I'm chilled and relaxed) sometimes strong when there's a storm brewing, changeable, but also with hope of nicer days to come.

:rolleyes: (that's how I imagine it anyway)

I don't have a Wolfkin name yet, it will still take some time for me reach the rank of Elder. Having said that, the name I would like Hopper to give me would be....

Something with Wind. 

You have to EARN that.  That being said, I will gladly tell you what I think your name would be.

Lol would these names be related to the ones you made for the pups a while back?  :rolleyes:

Only a few minutes thought, but it's a very fitting one.

Meteorite shower.  Can occur anywhere, quickly flares out, most of the time just a footnote, but sometimes devastating effects. And there's WAY more to me than anyone can ever see  :hopper: .

I don't have a Wolfkin name yet, it will still take some time for me reach the rank of Elder. Having said that, the name I would like Hopper to give me would be....

Something with Wind. 

You have to EARN that.  That being said, I will gladly tell you what I think your name would be.

Lol would these names be related to the ones you made for the pups a while back?  :rolleyes:

Spring Breeze *nods*

I had a native american friend once who liked to call me Fox Dreamer.  Does that count?

Seriously though, I would probably end up with a name like "Leaf Tooth", since I am permanently missing certain teeth and have no bite as a result.  Maybe "Fire Walker", as I live happily in a desert that occasionally puts the Threefold Land to shame.  Although I would greatly love to be "Creosote Rain" as the smell of creosote bushes right before the rain hits the hot concrete is heaven on earth.  Think of the smell as kind of an earthy vanillla with the sharp tinge of heat itself.

Archived