A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Kin's Q&A thread.

U4ea

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

PM the Org leaders/people in charge of newbies and ask them. Which I guess you've already done? *eyes her PM's and smiles*

It's a little convoluted process, at the moment, so it may not be an immediate thing the way it used to be. Just be patient, you'll get 'em! :D

*eyes Sam and smirks* which so explains why I never remember you saying anything. I must've tuned you out...

• 4 months later...

I'm thinking that some of my questions may have already been answered in previous pages of this thread....but there are a lot of pages to read through  :o

1) As I was reading through the information page I noticed that there were several links that no longer work.  I was wondering if someone could please tell me a little more about the Kin and some of the things y'all do?

2) I was reading about the Kin store and paypal.  Is this linked?  I mean the paypal is for the store, right?  I was a little confused by this and whether or not there were dues for membership?

3) I've noticed various topics discussing themes.  These are for helping to focus discussions and get people talking, is that correct?  Is there another purpose for these themes, such as learning a new recipe, craft project?

4) I really don't get the point system, how it works, what the purpose of it is?  Also, can someone explain the levels of membership?

Thank you...I think those are all the questions I have for now.  I'm not feeling well and I'm having trouble thinking clearly right now. 

Thank you and I look forward to reading the responses.  :D 

My answers will be in red!

1) As I was reading through the information page I noticed that there were several links that no longer work.  I was wondering if someone could please tell me a little more about the Kin and some of the things y'all do?

Actually, updating this page is on my to do list, so thanks for the reminder! :) We do a lot of different things, here at the Kin, so it's really hard for me to answer this question. We enjoy sending happy mail to each other (little things that make you smile when you check your mail) and most of our scheduled activities are just... well, they're fun stuff that lets us hang out with each other!

2) I was reading about the Kin store and paypal.  Is this linked?  I mean the paypal is for the store, right?  I was a little confused by this and whether or not there were dues for membership?

Everything at DM is COMPLETELY FREE! There is not a single set of dues to be paid for ANYTHING! The Kin Store was set up originally to raise money for upgrading our servers, which is also why it hasn't been updated in a really long time. Again, something else I need to edit.

The Paypal account was actually set up for one of our ongoing projects. It's something we started this past Christmas called "Adopt a Kinster." We get together and pick one of our own members who seems to have had a bad year and needs some help and those that want to donate to a Kin Fund. We then take all of the money that has been donated and send it to the Kinster we've chosen so they know we're here to help!

3) I've noticed various topics discussing themes.  These are for helping to focus discussions and get people talking, is that correct?  Is there another purpose for these themes, such as learning a new recipe, craft project?

We have a general theme for the month, that we focus our activities on (July was Anti-boredom month, for example), but it's not something that hold to in any other way. Unless we just want it to...

4) I really don't get the point system, how it works, what the purpose of it is?  Also, can someone explain the levels of membership?

Honestly, we have a point system because, when we were setting ourselves up, they told us we had to have one. It's more nostalgic than anything now, since there are few things that a Red Sash can do that a Blue Sash cannot. We're focused more on enjoying each other's company than ranks and we're VERY relaxed about points and everything relating to them.

Hope I answered your questions well enough! :D The long and the short of it is that we're extremely relaxed and we're here to enjoy each other's company more than anything else. :) Have fun!

• 1 year later...

I know this was answered a couple of years ago or so (well, sometime in 2009. I wasn't paying too close of attention), but I noticed that all of the links still aren't working and the livejournal was last updated in 2005. :( It made me sad. Even the links in posts to various avatars and artists works were all broken. I was wondering if there is something going on to cause all of the pages to vanish or if it was just a consequence of time. Could the Info About the Kin page be updated to include a note that the links or projects are currently underconstruction/broken/or projects that are being re-worked. Just curious.

This looks like a wonderfully fun group and I'm looking forward to reading more and joining in the conversations.

~Lyliann

Actually, updating that thread is on my to do list, so thanks for the reminder! :) We moved servers around school starting last year and things just haven't slowed down enough for me to go through every thread and check the links. :(

The projects and things change monthly, so just keep your eye out for a sticky that's usually up on the top of this forum. Since I've been on my own quite a bit lately and I'm really tired due to 1st trimester exhaustion (I'm expecting a baby in August!), I just haven't posted this month's stuff, yet. It's on my list of things to get done this weekend, though. :)

As for avatars and artists... I'm a bit lost there, as I don't know what you're talking about. Where are you looking?

I completely understand. Life has caught up with me many times over the years and pregnancy is often not the most productive months in ones life (or maybe they are just more productive on other things ;) ). As for the artist/avatars page, I will have to go back and try to find that later (maybe Monday or Tuesday night). ;)

Off to post my I wanna join message. :D

• 3 months later...
Guest superreader

I have no idea how any of this works. What do I do now? Will someone please point me in the right direction?

Archived