DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ultimate Mafia Showdown - Town Wins

Darthe

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rand, is Liam Neeson your character? Does anyone else have an actor as their character? Everyone else appears to be an actual charcter from a story. That just seems fishy.

Someones fishin...

i disagree, its a legit question imo i could see if he was Liam Neesons character from Taken, cause that dude is just straight up Chuck Noris, but just Liam Neeson.

i mean, the guys a good actor, but if there were actors in here i'd expect them to be ultra badd asses like Chuck Norris or Clint Eastwood. Neeson doesn't hold a pole to those two imo and is not bad ass enough to warrent his own "character"

I disagree about him questioning it at night. He may say he didn't want an actual character reveal, but he definitely got another character reveal. Which obviously the character is somewhat, at least in Rands case, related to the role.

Also

frabz-The-boogie-man-checks-under-his-be

We* and I don't have an actor ...

btw, i meant to ask this. wtf is up with the "We*" part of your statement

>Don't have a Qt .. In ze Town and I'm a fast reader ... :notsurewhatfacetomake:

if you read that fast you're bound to miss stuff, especially since you say nothing was worth comment before the Randwagon. there was plenty worth commenting.

you sir, are scum

Rand, is Liam Neeson your character? Does anyone else have an actor as their character? Everyone else appears to be an actual charcter from a story. That just seems fishy.

Someones fishin...

i disagree, its a legit question imo i could see if he was Liam Neesons character from Taken, cause that dude is just straight up Chuck Noris, but just Liam Neeson.

i mean, the guys a good actor, but if there were actors in here i'd expect them to be ultra badd asses like Chuck Norris or Clint Eastwood. Neeson doesn't hold a pole to those two imo and is not bad ass enough to warrent his own "character"

You don't have to build a "case" with multi quotes etc etc if you get the mafia to slip bad enough that it becomes obvious they are MAFIA. Out of all the things that get put into those long Walls o' Text it is usually just one main point the gets people to say "hey". In fact I look at them more as throwing a bunch of stuff at the wall and hoping that something sticks. Spray and Pray as it were. I did put some of Rand's recent posts together because he specifically asked about his behaviors. Apparently the bulk of the town agreed with my (or maybe it was Ithi's) casing and voted him as well. It is still to be determined if He is Town or not.

i'm not arguing about an irrelevant game, unless you want to make past games as part on a case on me.

i get that, about the caing. but the thing with causing emotional reactions is you net just as many town with that honey covered turd as you do scum imo. just like with my playstyle.

also, if you think that about my WoTs then your misreading them. its me responding to stuff and pointing out stuff i think needs to be pointed out. i pay attention to details, which means i generally point out alot of stuff, and most of the time the stuff i point out is very helpful in making a case agaisnt people. the only reason my posts are so big is becuase i copy the quotes i'm referring to, often in their entire context so others can judge for themselves if i'm taking something out of context. thsi is how i was taught to play Mafia, if you were taught otherwise and to guage more from emotional reaction then consider it a generational gap in playstyles.

re-rand. i agree his name claim is fishy, but not enough to go agaisnt his role claim imo. worth pressure and noting and watching, but thats it

Red, I speak how I speak - and whilst it maybe be different from you, that does not make it less valid. You can have a ding dong with Basel and poke and prod and that's fine apparently. I question Len and ask him to back up his statements and I'm pressuring him to emote.

And yes - any amount of inactivity from you on DM means nothing now, because you used that as a tool to try and hide an NK you put in your last game. I have no need to talk around you, just as I wasn't particularly in need of chatting back and forth with Len. Which is why I asked him questions and did the case on Rand instead. I did a great job there lol

But now it is Night.

Ithi its not about how you speak but about how your applying pressure. i'm not taking beef with your playstyle just pointing out what Len was talkign about in his original post that i agreed with on Page 7 or 8. what it feels like from me is your less about casing and more about pressuring for an emotional reaction from players. this was Lens entire case agaisnt you and why he kept re-quoting the same stuff instead of bringing up new evidence.

its not enough to case or lynch you over but is worth noting and pointing out; especially since Len flipped town.

I am willing to believe Rand here. I also have an actor as my character. I am Jeff Goldblum.

>Never heard of the strong willed cop before.

If I had to guess, I would say that strong-willed cop is along the same lines as a strongman killing role. Just as a strongman kill won't be stopped by a BPV or a doctor's protection, a strong-willed cop will not be fooled by a GF or miller, but would see the target's true alignment. This is something I had considered putting in a game but hadn't yet had the opportunity, so it looks like I'm not the only one to come up with it.

really Basel, a name reveal at night? all you had to say was "i beleive rand cause i also have an actors name. this pings.

also, Jeff Goldblum is less of a BAMF to have his own character than Liam Neeson. atleast Liam Neeson has had bad ass roles, Jeff Goldblum, not so much.

also, nice skimmign in the bold, Rand stated he could be fooled with by a GF but not re-directed

The cop being Liam Neeson makes total sense. No idea what Jeff Goldblum might be though (not that I want any more reveals unless necessary), what else is he in apart from Jurassic Park?

Independence Day

Earth Girls are Easy

Nine Months

and a fair many more roles. in most he plays a heavy supporting actor or TV apperances though.

@ chuckles - Liam Neeson has been in loads more before that.

Schindlers List

Red October

Love Actually

Star Wars

Batman Begins

Dark Night Rises

the Grey

Clash & Wrath of the Titans

he also voices Aslan in the Narnia movies

The We was editing something, I didn't want us the town to lose another player due to reckless editing. Also ... No I'm not scum and I actually read, very very very fast. Like no joke, and I also had nothing to comment on. I had nothing very specific to say so I left it to what I was thinking at that point in time. 

Just got home from school :smile:

oh noes!! its BGasorous Rex and Ithicertapos!

reminds me, i need to start working on the Lost World theme Mafia for my sequel *grin*

Never mind that, when are you gonna finish off the lolcat trilogy? Not to mention give us the Hatfield/McCoy game?

So what you're saying is that Lenlo could have turned someone into a donkey headed person and then made love to them?  Awkward.

I have put some extremely unique abilities in this game.

So what you're saying is that Lenlo could have turned someone into a donkey headed person and then made love to them?  Awkward.

I have put some extremely unique abilities in this game.

I wonder whether having a possibly neurotic mod is a good thing

Honestly I first wrote 100% less ass but that wasn't exactly true depending on your interpretation and I thought Ithi might get upset with me.

Well, it's better to do things right than do them half-assed.

The Architect and his robot appeared again with the rising sun.  The night had been frightful, filled with odd noises and the unmistakable sound of people shifting about in the darkness.  Nonetheless everyone was accounted for when morning came and what's more it seemed as if they were all in good spirits.  Men and women began to set up camp in the area, a patch of well manicured park with sparse trees and a statue with a fountain.  The Architect walked through the camp to the statue and then around it, seemingly to examine the shape of the lovely woman depicted in it, her hair fanned and arms uplifted.  But when he never reappeared the others began to worry.  He was gone again.

In their heads his voice echoed.  "The sun is up, welcome to day two."

You have 72 hours (countdown timer in the next VC).  With 22 alive it takes 12 to lynch.

Archived