DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ultimate Mafia Showdown - Town Wins

Darthe

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They marched him towards his death.  He knew, as did they, and the little droid sat waiting, waiting by a statue so very familiar to his own.  He could not recall the face it held before, but this time its' only features were worn, a telling of his future perhaps.  Tiberius Julius Caesar Augustus motioned towards the Turret and the crowd.  All grew silent.

"Good people, would you not know my deception if it had been created?  Alas, it rests only in the hearts of a few.  I see you now, my would be killers, and I hold fear in my heart at what must be done.

Robot, release me from this matter so that they may know the truth."

A single bullet flew, lightning struck, a single sentence and picture of his face appeared in the sky.

Dicetosser1, Town Redoubler (1 shot Gladiator) has been lynched.  

It is finally Night Three.  You have 48 hours.

Ley if it is wrong call Darthe on it. That is DIRECTLY from my PM. I copied it so i couldn't misspell it.

Right i just applied a judicious use of Google FU

heres an excerpt from one site plus a link   (apologies about the set up thats how it pasted)

Tiberius (Tiberius Julius Caesar Augustus) (tībēr`ēəs), 42 B.C.–A.D. 37,

second Roman emperor (A.D. 14–A.D. 37). He was the son of Tiberius Claudius Nero

and Livia Drusilla Livia Drusilla , c.55 B.C.–A.D. 29, Roman matron; mother of the

Roman emperor Tiberius. She first married Tiberius Claudius Nero. Tiberius was

his son. In 38 B.C., Augustus forced her husband to divorce her so that he might

marry her himself.

..... Click the link for more

information.and was originally named Tiberius Claudius Nero. He

campaigned (20 B.C.) in Armenia, became (19 B.C.) governor of Transalpine Gaul,

and aided (12 B.C.) his brother Drusus Drusus , Roman family of the gens Livius. An early distinguished

member was

Marcus Livius Drusus, d. 109? B.C., tribune of the

people (122) with Caius Sempronius Gracchus (see under Gracchi).

Click the link for more information. on the Rhine

and the Danube. Augustus Augustus , 63 B.C.–A.D. 14, first Roman emperor, a grandson of

the sister of Julius Caesar. Named at first Caius Octavius, he became on

adoption by the Julian gens (44 B.C.) Caius Julius Caesar Octavianus (Octavian);

Augustus was a title of honor granted (27 B.

..... Click the link for more information. , his stepfather,

compelled him (12 B.C.) to divorce his wife, Vipsania Agrippina, and to marry

Julia, the widow of Agrippa and daughter of Augustus. After the death of Drusus

(9 B.C.) he campaigned in Germany, and following a second consulship (7 B.C.) he

retired to Rhodes for seven years. On his return he was adopted as heir of the

emperor and was sent (A.D. 4) into Germany. Five years later he subjugated

Illyricum. Tiberius succeeded without difficulty on the death of Augustus in

A.D. 14. He spent his efforts in continuing the policies of Augustus, with one

exception; he drastically cut luxury expenses, including public shows. By so

doing and by reforming the tax situation in the provinces he greatly improved

the financial state of the government and made himself extremely unpopular in

Rome. For years Sejanus Sejanus

(Lucius Aelius Sejanus) , d. A.D. 31, Roman statesman; son of Sejus Strabo,

Praetorian prefect. When his father went to Egypt as governor, he succeeded to

the command of the Praetorian Guards and obtained great ascendancy over Emperor

Tiberius.

..... Click the link for more

information. was his chief aid and confidant. Tiberius retired to

Capri in A.D. 26 and ruled thereafter by correspondence. He grew suspicious of

intrigues and in A.D. 31 had Sejanus killed. Modern historians have been

inclined to treat his administration more favorably than did Roman historians.

He was succeeded by Caligula.

the above can be fount at   http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Tiberius+Julius+Caesar+Augustus

and heres a Wikipedia one too  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiberius

Still wanna tell me the names wrong or that im not town?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiberius

Okay, it was a mistake on Darthe's part then. Why? Becuase emperor Tiberius is normally NEVER referred to as "Augustus". I mean, I have Latin at school, and with the culture we have been talking about last year, we went through the Julius Caesar line of emperors (ending with Nero), and there I have not heard once that Tiberius ALSO had Augustus as title. And also, Tiberius is considered as a selfish and bad emperor, even though not as bad as his son Caligula.

If Darthe wanted to make a role like this, he'd better have chosen Octavianus Julius Caesar Augustus, as he is seen as a GOOD emperor. But I guess I should stop saying the mod made mistakes until the game is over...

i posted the definition for other people.

you do know that Ceasar is considered one of Romes greatest emperors right?  they dont talk that way about Hitler you know

I know that you can't reply to it anymore, but I wanted to point out that this guy you were was NOT the famous Caesar people think of when they hear the name. It was Caesar's grandson, who had the same name, as Caesar is a familiy name.

but he isw not lauded by history

And Caesar is? Whenever I think of Caesar I think of him as a villain. Any of them. They were not kind rulers, and while they may have unified the Roman Empire, they did it by conquest and slaver, with fire and sword.

I have learned that Gaius Julius Caesar was very populair by his people. In fact, that is the reason that he got so much power, that was first from the Senate and such things. It was also the reason that it became the official title for every Roman Emperor, and, even nowadays, in some languages the word for "emperor" is derived from "Caesar". Dutch (keizer) and German (kaiser) are some examples of this.

Whoever stole my vote is lucky they can't be fried from the pattern.

Does it matter? I mean, he would've been at L-1 anyways. It didn't make any difference, except for the names on the voting list.

Yes because then maybe he wouldn't have been lynched or we could've learned more with someone coming in and hammering him. It matters a lot.

Not being lynched is really unlikely, I'd say.

About someone coming in and hammering him - I sometimes have the feeling little things like the one hammering a Townie or Mafia, or the words someone uses to defend himself, or if someone uses a , or a . is seen as far too important...

(yeah yeah, that last one was an extraggeration or however one is meant to spell that word)

Sorry for WIFOMing this, Song, but it could also have been they wanted us to think it, or maybe someone just was bored and was like "you know what, I'll put her vote on it", or whatever else. I mean, this looks pretty much like a role madness game. It could've been everything. A passive role of a mafia that, whenver someone is at L-1, makes there is a 10% chance a Town will automatically vote that one. Everything is possible if the mod is insane enough, and Darthe is a full Asha'man...

(oh, and don't try to act like I'm trying to make people doubt about things with above post. I'm just mentioning some crazy things, it doesn't mean I believe in it myself. Just saying that it can be anything random or not-so-random. And maybe defending this mysterious vote far too much...)

No I was informed my vote was stolen. No passive role in that.

Well, that makes it a bit clearer... Then I don't know what it is. Or why mafia would be using a single vote steal at a moment like this. He'd die anyways.

how does one control a vote??

and i assume potato is maw?

mr-potato-head.jpg

The mod said he would call Maw "Potato" for the rest of the game.

Archived