DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ultimate Mafia Showdown - Town Wins

Darthe

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and sorry guys, forgot to turn in my NA, that last one was me. :blush:

To admit this seems sketchy to me.  Mentioning you have a night action as town sounds risky, because then the mafia would probably want to NK you in order to stop a power role.  But a mafia would suspect that, and say something anyways, knowing that the mafia won't kill him, because he is indeed mafia.  But then again, you already claimed cop, so you probably didn't have anything to lose anyways if you are town. - This may be horribly wrong and noobish of me, but that pings to me.

To admit this seems sketchy to me.  Mentioning you have a night action as town sounds risky, because then the mafia would probably want to NK you in order to stop a power role.  But a mafia would suspect that, and say something anyways, knowing that the mafia won't kill him, because he is indeed mafia.  But then again, you already claimed cop, so you probably didn't have anything to lose anyways if you are town. - This may be horribly wrong and noobish of me, but that pings to me.

Yes um he is the claimed cop....

We all know he had an action. Don't see the problem

No I mean the night phase and the day phase

Yeah, and the timings align pretty well for the most part.
You know that a day phases lasts for a few RL days right?

If you hadn't seen the post then it means you posted a reveal based on a question not meant for you, when you hadn't read the thread yet, and because you needed to reveal before you forgot?

Makes complete sense

Most people would feel the need to read the thread first,especially before they just decide to reveal. I also find it strange that you say you would of forgot. What do you mean by that? If you hadn't posted that post what would you have forgotten, if your role was real you wouldn't of forgotten that, and when you were reading the thread to catch up you would of seen the questions about strong willed cops and answered it again. So that means to me you needed to get your reveal it before morning (before the NK) or you never intended to actually read the bits you missed.

Now if we hypothesise for a second that Rand was the intended NK. That would look like you needed to try verify your actors claim before Rand was killed. It fits and it paints a dark picture doesn't it. Ill hazard a limb here to say that if you are mafia Rand is telling the truth

Blue: Dap, the question was meant for everyone. Turin specifically asked if anyone else had an actor. So how do you say that it wasn't meant for me?

Green: I don't see what's so hard to figure by what I meant that I would have forgot. If I hadn't made the post then, while it was fresh in my mind, it would have totally slipped my mind by the time I got back from work, and would likely have gone unposted altogether.

Purple: So you're guessing if I'm mafia, then Rand is telling the truth. What if I am town?

Yes um he is the claimed cop....

We all know he had an action. Don't see the problem

No I mean the night phase and the day phase

Yeah, and the timings align pretty well for the most part.
You know that a day phases lasts for a few RL days right?

Yes ... Oh wait never mind, I messed up! :)

If you hadn't seen the post then it means you posted a reveal based on a question not meant for you, when you hadn't read the thread yet, and because you needed to reveal before you forgot?Makes complete senseMost people would feel the need to read the thread first,especially before they just decide to reveal. I also find it strange that you say you would of forgot. What do you mean by that? If you hadn't posted that post what would you have forgotten, if your role was real you wouldn't of forgotten that, and when you were reading the thread to catch up you would of seen the questions about strong willed cops and answered it again. So that means to me you needed to get your reveal it before morning (before the NK) or you never intended to actually read the bits you missed.Now if we hypothesise for a second that Rand was the intended NK. That would look like you needed to try verify your actors claim before Rand was killed. It fits and it paints a dark picture doesn't it. Ill hazard a limb here to say that if you are mafia Rand is telling the truth

Blue: Dap, the question was meant for everyone. Turin specifically asked if anyone else had an actor. So how do you say that it wasn't meant for me?

Green: I don't see what's so hard to figure by what I meant that I would have forgot. If I hadn't made the post then, while it was fresh in my mind, it would have totally slipped my mind by the time I got back from work, and would likely have gone unposted altogether.

Purple: So you're guessing if I'm mafia, then Rand is telling the truth. What if I am town?

Ill give you that turins question was open for everyone. But I ask you this, do you go and bust out a reveal every time someone fishes for one? Sloppy play that is. Still I see nothing, nothing, that you posted that you would have forgotten if you were reading the thread later to catch up. Your claim should be on your PM so you could always find that again if you needed to if you were town, and the role info, if it was still needed when you got back we would still be talking about it and you could just get reminded that way.

If it had gone unposted what would the town have lost? Your reveal didn't help and your notes on the role had been said already plus you were wrong

If you are town, then I'm still undecided about Rand

Ill give you that turins question was open for everyone. But I ask you this, do you go and bust out a reveal every time someone fishes for one? Sloppy play that is.

No, not every time. But I didn't think being an actor instead of a character would be something anyone would think to make up off the top of their head as a lie. The fact that I was given an actor as well told me that Rand was likely town, since he was therefore unlikely to be making that up, and if he wasn't Mynding* and fakeclaiming as town, then his lynch was something to be avoided. The best way for me I could think of to work toward that end was to back up his claim and work against the disbelief that anyone would be an actor.

*(Yes, Mynd has become a verb.)

They woke to horrors.  The grand Doctor himself had been slain.  His tools, surgical equipment and bandages were nowhere to be found.  The people were shocked to find this.  More were surprised by the fact that there was no blood.  The body actually appeared shriveled.  Lightning struck down and Greg disappeared. 

Ithillian, town bi-phasal doctor (1x role cop) has been killed.

Mr. Rogers himself was dead as well.  His body had been shredded by some unknown thing.  Lightning flashed once more.

Turin, town JoaT has been slain.

The town was able to note this all with the rising sun and then, like a flash flood, it appeared and all hell broke loose. 

The Dread Lord raised his mighty hand to shape the world to his will.  Darkness came.  The people watched, fear gripping their hearts more with each moment.  Suddenly a cry rang out.  The jolly old man, bringer of joy and gifts, floated into the air as if carried by unseen hands.  St. Nicholas struggled vainly; they all knew that he was to be a sacrifice.  The Architect knew not what came next.  His screens filled, every one, with the beasts yellow eyes. 

And then snow began to fall.  It fell everywhere, even in his office.  The season had changed in an instant.  When he screen returned to normal Santa was expired.  The trees were dead and snow covered the ground. 

Ruairidh, town gifter, has died.  Christmas has come.

One among you drew back his power, his influence, and you saw who he truly was.  Your eyes were finally open.  The Witch King of Angmar stood, one who would be defeated by no man.  He struck forth at the beast, his voice splitting the air.  But it was no man.  The monster lifted a grave finger and the King simply was no more.  His robes crumpled, however his thorned crown remained.  The beast flicked a finger and it rose to top a tree. A Christmas tree. 

Festive, no?

TGlems, Mafia Goon (Absorber) has been killed. 

His friend fell to the ground beside him, fear gripping him.  The beast looked him in the eyes and he was transfixed.  His mouth frothed, and blood dripped from his ear.  In a moment he too hit the ground.  Hannibal Lectar was done for.  Lightning struck thrice and all were gone.

Smiley, Mafia targeted janitor has been killed.

The monster disappeared below the horizon.  However, the sun did not yet rise.  

The Architect, shaken, collected himself.  The Turret had fallen sideways and was muttering of nonsense.  Lemons.  He shook his head, he was still disoriented.  After a moment the Architect collected himself and pressed a button.  The sun rose.  It is now Day Three.

With… 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.  You have 96 hours.  A countdown timer will come with the next VC.

Right Rand reveals that he got a mafia viewing.Nice to see how many people appear to vote on that

Would Darthe actually introduce one player to another with their Fake Claim though? That is what doesn't make sense. Far better to have just left the QT empty and let them introduce themselves, but Len said that was not how it happened. UnvoteThere is time yet - I can't really tell everyone off for doing a rush job, when I'm still voting for WoT myself - but she will need to be Lynched just so we can see what we might be working with here.

If I was a MOD and I had given a fake claim I would of introduced with it or else it would of been obvious that they were mafia. Anyway it doesn't matter now but just saying

I do believe that a WoT lynch will provide us with the most information, especially considering Rand's claim. Where is WoT?

So the only reason to lynch WOT was information. Not the fact that she had been named mafiaTo me that seems like you knew how she would flip and were setting up for that 

Vote TimeThe scum aren't going to come out to play now we've had a cop viewing

This is most certainly true. Whether we discuss now or during night, I don't think we will get very much out of the Mafia before the WoT lynch happens. I'd imagine if she is scum as we suspect that even they have given up trying to save her at this point.
This just bugs me. You say as we suspect. But at this point it was "known" because it was a viewing by an uncountered cop. This is yet another example of someone setting up for Rands viewing turning out to be fake/a lie

I don't see how a strong willed cop could be messed with, meaning that if Time flips town Rand must be telling porkies. Ultimately we have a viewing from an unCC'd cop, all signs point to Time being mafia.

The fact that he is strong willed suggests there is a way that he can get messed with and needs to be strong enough to withstand some of it

So there is some kind or redirect role out there

Although I'll probably forget to ask by then.

Someone make a note for me :)

Here is your note

framer as from mafiascum's wiki

A Framer may choose to frame a player during the night, causing that target to investigate as Guilty (or whichever result is unfavorable) to Cops

if rand is a strong willed cop i guess this shoudnt work?

Interesting. And yet on the same site I find this:Strong-Willed is a role modifier; it usually means that the player's abilities cannot be redirected or Roleblocked. However, any result that may be attained can still be tampered with by roles that alter informational results, such as Framer. In short, it greatly increases the chance of the player's ability working like the player wants it to.

Which clearly indicates that if WoT flips Town she probably has been Framed. The Framer balanced out the Strong Willedness see?

So it looks like we have a redirector and a framer. The godfatheriser is just a framer that can frame town as well as mafia. All they do is flip the role.

I meant more the discussions are pointless thing.

Does it bother anyone else that there about 12 people MIA?

This is about TG saying more discussion isn't needed.

A page ago RTE you said no mafia would come and chat because they would have resigned to the fact that WOT had to die. I got the impression you weren't too keen to be chatting because of it. Now you jump on someone else for that

While I agree that no discussion is a bad idea, I think you have a bit of hypocrisy lacking your words RTE

There we go. So they either have a Framer or Rand is Mafia.

Night Falls.

I think it's a framer personally (the godfatheriser)

Wow. Well as many have said it looks like they have a framer, which combined with the godfatherizer renders our cop somewhat impotent. For what it's worth I do not believe Rand is mafia, because there's been no counter claim, and I would think its safe to assume there is a cop in the game.

It doesn't. It's an art now to figure out who he will check.

The second half of this really fishes for a counter claim

Wow? Really? You honestly didn't see this coming ... even with the Mod Confirmed Name and the probability of a Framer.

Holy Fake Surprise Batman!!

Unless Rand is Mafia of course.

I was convinced Time was mafia to be honest

In your previous posts you said all the signs point to her being mafia, but you also talk about the the fact that if she flips town Rand must be lying. You leave it very open and now you say you were convinced

@Ley about the blood sucker. I get the feeling that's a limited shot role. So no I don't expect multiple kills every night

i dont think its a framer   I think it was Darthes Godfatherizer. R$and said his role couldnt be redirected or roleblocked. Reading the OP I think the godfatherizer is what did it.

@laffinboy   LMAO  Drop bears FTW!!!!

The godfatheriser is a framer! They just can frame either way

This takes me up to 59 but I've just seen Darthe as broken the day and the shit has hit the fan so I'm going to put this on hold for now

First off what is bi phased role? I've tried to google it but I can't figure it out

Next this is everyone left alive and what I think

2. Misheru - I'm actually going to lean town on her for now

4. TinaHel - unsure right now

5. Leyrann - town

6. Mawthrex- unsure

7. Basel - mafia

9. RTE - leaning mafia

12. Cloud Kaylee - I can't remember anything that pops out at me so I'm gunna say unsure

13. Niel an' Tyomn - leaning mafia

14. Lolguy - town

15. Bgrishinko - not helpful but skimming in at town for now

19. Hally - town

20. Tiink Dap 2.0 -town

21. Red - mafia

22. Song - unsure

23. Rand - town

24. Dice - I'm changing opinions on you with every post you make. Town for now

Rand viewing?

Ill give you that turins question was open for everyone. But I ask you this, do you go and bust out a reveal every time someone fishes for one? Sloppy play that is.

No, not every time. But I didn't think being an actor instead of a character would be something anyone would think to make up off the top of their head as a lie. The fact that I was given an actor as well told me that Rand was likely town, since he was therefore unlikely to be making that up, and if he wasn't Mynding* and fakeclaiming as town, then his lynch was something to be avoided. The best way for me I could think of to work toward that end was to back up his claim and work against the disbelief that anyone would be an actor.

*(Yes, Mynd has become a verb.)

I don't think Rand is lying. I think you are. I think you jumped on the chance to claim

As for avoiding his lynch. You could of waiting until he was actually on the cards to be lynched. No one was going to let an uncountered cop get lynched

If you are town you just outed yourself making yourself a target for the mafia. You play better than that. You sir are obviously not town in this game then

Archived