DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ultimate Mafia Showdown - Town Wins

Darthe

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right ... I still don't see why the case on him is building ... Anyone care to explain? In the meantime I'm going to re-read.

If you have insight into anyone else or have anything to contribute on anyone else we'd love to hear it. Otherwise cases have been made and truly there are only so many options tonight.

I'm with Lenlo being guilty, other than that Time and Rand have both convincingly counter the accusation presented to them.

Other than that the only other slightly shady but not necessarily guilty person seems to be Ithi ...

19 minutes to go from point A to point B. That is fast.

Time and Rand merely have come up with claims that we as the town are not willing to test yet. I wouldn't say that either of them have refuted all their detractors.

Another Ithi nudger...

Nice long post there. Probably could have read a few pages in the time it took you to type it.

And we all know you are perfectly capable and not above using your busy-ness in RL as a cover for being Mafia. I did read the QT of the last game - wasn't it something like 'ha ha ha and they think I'm so busy they will never figure out I have actually posted in here to send the NK in!' :smile: so you don't have to take the moral high ground there

And Gambits are supposed to make it seem obvious that the person who gets dead is Mafia and the person pushing is the ULTIMATE SAVIOUR OF THE TOWN!!!

*dramatic echo*

So lol at you :tongue: and Basel too.

see this is what Len was talkign about. you're being flippant with how you pressure people. you see what you think is an emo reaction and you push harder on it to get them to emo react more to you. most of your backa nd forth between Len was less you casing and pressuring him and more you seeing that you were getting under his skin and continuing.

thsi is what he meant by "looks like shes just trying to lycnh anyone" imo.

and btw, you're blowing that particular thing out of porportion. this is the message you're referring to from that Vampire game's QT board

>

Red2111

01-12-2013

11:36 PM ET (US) Edit

since its technically night, please submit the NK on Ithi Darthe :)

right now, i'm purposefully staying away from the thread and not posting on DM, hopefully Day will dawn on Sun and they'll see i wasn't on to be able to submit a NA lmao

which was 10:30 my time on a Saturday and before class started so i was able to get on Sat. nothing about thinking i'm buisy, it was being on in time to submit a NK for that team and knowing that i wouldn't be on Sun when the deadline was likely to hit. if you look at that same QT, of which i can link for you, my next post wasn't until Mon the 14th.

in this game specifically, i had replaced Mynd abotu 40 pages in and was trying my damnedest to catch up, hence me being on during a Sat after bubba had went to bed

that said, my files are done uploading and i'll be back later.

Ithi is moving up my list fast. her flippant behavior is less scum hunting and more seeing what she thinks are emotional reaction and trying to get the person to emote even more, there fore making them appear scummy. she's not casing, shes not scum hunting, shes causing reactions with the soul purpose of making people look scummy.

Bolded for emphasis. That is exactly faking a RL situation for tactical advantage. Earlier you used business and catching up to explain away your inacitivty. You stated on thread that you were busy with school blah blah blah when you were in fact chatting up a storm on the mafia QT.

You more than most should know that when people get emotional they make more mistakes. This is the purpose of your bulldog techniques, just as it is with others that try to push buttons "for reactions". Do not get all injured when someone else uses the technique. You find a crack in a person and apply pressure to that crack. Then looking to see how they react to that pressure.  

And more nudging...

@ Turin - i agree, the name claim rather than character pings, but its not worth lynching an uncontested cop imo

@ Red ... Yea, I mean lots of it was spam or irrELEPHANT (hehe) stuff and from what I saw ... until the recent Rand train there wasn't much else to comment on... 

are you kidding me?  so until the Rand thing there wasn't anythign to comment on at all.  Times wagon vote then her jumping off quickly which evoked comment from plenty of people.  the Player/Ithi?len triangle.  the Len/Time claim.  nothing at all to comment on.

1st off seriously, you took less than an hour to read 30+ pages.  my guess is that you skimmed everything and are relying on a QT to fill in the details.

I'm ok with Len today Rand tomorrow. Rand obviously has the much better claim (sorry Len, hope you aren't town) and we can find out what he's worth during the night. From there if we don't think it adds up Rand is back in the crosshairs by tomorrow. Vote Len.

are you really claiming we lynch an uncontested cop tomorrow?!  and now your saying that he shoudl reveal his findings reguardless come morning?

cop should only reveal his findings if he gets a scum.   so not only are you advocating lynching a claimed finder, youre also advocating he reveal reguardless and possibly put a target on a townies back.

And you posted in the Game to say you were busy, and then did the LMAO post in the QT.

:biggrin:

Nanight Red. Is late for me now :)

i ahdn't posted in that thread since that thursday Ithi.  i didn't get on Friday because i had a headache from the PACE prep course.

Actually I totally take that back. It would make sense to have one character from a series to be their actual character, and another one to be a fakeclaim for the same person.

That's an excellent point. They wouldn't even need to be mod provided either. Given that, the only safe claims will be entirely role based, ie the ones we know for sure are in the game plus the usual common mafia roles.

good points on this.  Darhte did clarify only one character per series then scum could just fake claim a good guy from their series.

Nice long post there. Probably could have read a few pages in the time it took you to type it.

And we all know you are perfectly capable and not above using your busy-ness in RL as a cover for being Mafia. I did read the QT of the last game - wasn't it something like 'ha ha ha and they think I'm so busy they will never figure out I have actually posted in here to send the NK in!' :smile: so you don't have to take the moral high ground there

And Gambits are supposed to make it seem obvious that the person who gets dead is Mafia and the person pushing is the ULTIMATE SAVIOUR OF THE TOWN!!!

*dramatic echo*

So lol at you :tongue: and Basel too.

see this is what Len was talkign about. you're being flippant with how you pressure people. you see what you think is an emo reaction and you push harder on it to get them to emo react more to you. most of your backa nd forth between Len was less you casing and pressuring him and more you seeing that you were getting under his skin and continuing.

thsi is what he meant by "looks like shes just trying to lycnh anyone" imo.

and btw, you're blowing that particular thing out of porportion. this is the message you're referring to from that Vampire game's QT board

>

Red2111

01-12-2013

11:36 PM ET (US) Edit

since its technically night, please submit the NK on Ithi Darthe :)

right now, i'm purposefully staying away from the thread and not posting on DM, hopefully Day will dawn on Sun and they'll see i wasn't on to be able to submit a NA lmao

trong>

which was 10:30 my time on a Saturday and before class started so i was able to get on Sat. nothing about thinking i'm buisy, it was being on in time to submit a NK for that team and knowing that i wouldn't be on Sun when the deadline was likely to hit. if you look at that same QT, of which i can link for you, my next post wasn't until Mon the 14th.

in this game specifically, i had replaced Mynd abotu 40 pages in and was trying my damnedest to catch up, hence me being on during a Sat after bubba had went to bed

that said, my files are done uploading and i'll be back later.

Ithi is moving up my list fast. her flippant behavior is less scum hunting and more seeing what she thinks are emotional reaction and trying to get the person to emote even more, there fore making them appear scummy. she's not casing, shes not scum hunting, shes causing reactions with the soul purpose of making people look scummy.

Bolded for emphasis. That is exactly faking a RL situation for tactical advantage. Earlier you used business and catching up to explain away your inacitivty. You stated on thread that you were busy with school blah blah blah when you were in fact chatting up a storm on the mafia QT.

You more than most should know that when people get emotional they make more mistakes. This is the purpose of your bulldog techniques, just as it is with others that try to push buttons "for reactions". Do not get all injured when someone else uses the technique. You find a crack in a person and apply pressure to that crack. Then looking to see how they react to that pressure.  

And more nudging...

i would erase up to the relavent quote but Opera deletes the original time stamp so leaving it as is.

i have no problem with Ithi poking for reactions, i'm just pointing it out that this is ALL shes doing.  she's not follwoing up with cases, shes not even applying herself.  she sees somethign that might insight an emotional response and jumps on it just to get a further emotional response.

fact is, i wasn't even emoting, yet she responds like i am.

and no, bolded is me staying away from Dragonmount.  i didnt post an LoA on the thread and say "i'm buisy" i just flat out didn't post in the thread.  lurking is a well known technique.  now your twisting where Ithi left off.

and i quoted that because i have nothing to fear from it and wanted to show exactly what len was talkign about by his original FoS at Ithi.

and theres no nudging from me Turin, i'm point blank calling her out on this shit.  if anyones nudging on this, its Ithi. and 'm not injured, i'm actually rather amused that Ithi woudl try to blow somethign that can be proven so easily out of porportion like that.   she was able to talk circles around Len; me, not so much.

@ Turin - i agree, the name claim rather than character pings, but its not worth lynching an uncontested cop imo

@ Red ... Yea, I mean lots of it was spam or irrELEPHANT (hehe) stuff and from what I saw ... until the recent Rand train there wasn't much else to comment on... 

are you kidding me?  so until the Rand thing there wasn't anythign to comment on at all.  Times wagon vote then her jumping off quickly which evoked comment from plenty of people.  the Player/Ithi?len triangle.  the Len/Time claim.  nothing at all to comment on.

1st off seriously, you took less than an hour to read 30+ pages.  my guess is that you skimmed everything and are relying on a QT to fill in the details.

>

I'm ok with Len today Rand tomorrow. Rand obviously has the much better claim (sorry Len, hope you aren't town) and we can find out what he's worth during the night. From there if we don't think it adds up Rand is back in the crosshairs by tomorrow. Vote Len.

are you really claiming we lynch an uncontested cop tomorrow?!  and now your saying that he shoudl reveal his findings reguardless come morning?

cop should only reveal his findings if he gets a scum.   so not only are you advocating lynching a claimed finder, youre also advocating he reveal reguardless and possibly put a target on a townies back.

And you posted in the Game to say you were busy, and then did the LMAO post in the QT.

:biggrin:

Nanight Red. Is late for me now :)

i ahdn't posted in that thread since that thursday Ithi.  i didn't get on Friday because i had a headache from the PACE prep course.

Actually I totally take that back. It would make sense to have one character from a series to be their actual character, and another one to be a fakeclaim for the same person.

That's an excellent point. They wouldn't even need to be mod provided either. Given that, the only safe claims will be entirely role based, ie the ones we know for sure are in the game plus the usual common mafia roles.

good points on this.  Darhte did clarify only one character per series then scum could just fake claim a good guy from their series.

Don't have a Qt .. In ze Town and I'm a fast reader ... :notsurewhatfacetomake:

Right ... I still don't see why the case on him is building ... Anyone care to explain? In the meantime I'm going to re-read.

If you have insight into anyone else or have anything to contribute on anyone else we'd love to hear it. Otherwise cases have been made and truly there are only so many options tonight.

I'm with Lenlo being guilty, other than that Time and Rand have both convincingly counter the accusation presented to them.

Other than that the only other slightly shady but not necessarily guilty person seems to be Ithi ...

19 minutes to go from point A to point B. That is fast.

Time and Rand merely have come up with claims that we as the town are not willing to test yet. I wouldn't say that either of them have refuted all their detractors.

Another Ithi nudger...

They seemed like good claims to me ... :blush:

Again, I'm out of practice. 

Her name was rightfully admired.  Titania held herself aloof, unwilling to accept that she might be one of the masses.  No, she was special as evidenced by her connection to another kindred spirit.  They had agreed to stick together when each arrived at this game.  Alas, fate willed it to not be so when the group turned on her.  It was their only choice, she understood that right?  Titania found herself led to the center of the cityscape where she was met by an elderly man dressed all in white.  He lifted his arms as if to welcome her and her last vision was of a metal egg's red beam swerving towards her forehead.

60% more bullet indeed.  Lightning struck down from a clear sky and Titania was gone, no longer a part of this venture to see who would emerge victorious.  

The Sun fell in mere moments, and day became night.  

Lenlo, Town Neighbor has been lynched.  

It is now Night One!  You have twenty four hours!

Rand. I would appreciate it if you confirmed that Liam Neeson is in fact your character. Not a role that he played but actually Liam Neeson.

Song, I am not asking for Name reveals. So far everyone that has claimed except Rand has had a character from a story not an actor that plays a certain character.

He is rapidly establishing himself as the scummiest cop on record. The atrociously late reveal that left not much choice other than Lenlo. He left when he had 5 votes on his rapidly building train when he left saying he would check in later. That would have been fine except we were already less than 24 hours from deadline. All he had to say was "back off. I'm  the cop." to wait so late is awful IMO

tbh, I am not totally convinced of his claim. I have questions and would like answers.

My character is actually Liam Neeson.

I didn't want to reveal as cop, well because, I was hoping my train wouldn't suddenly take off, and was hoping another train wouldn't start.  I didn't like revealing too early, so I did what I felt was right. 

Red, You did post on Friday that you would try to put in time for the game but your school thing took priority and then your first post back on Monday stated that you had stayed away from ALL internets etc... yet you obviously did not do that as you did submit that NK over the weekend.  Whatever. That game is dead and gone.

You don't have to build a "case" with multi quotes etc etc if you get the mafia to slip bad enough that it becomes obvious they are MAFIA. Out of all the things that get put into those long Walls o' Text it is usually just one main point the gets people to say "hey". In fact I look at them more as throwing a bunch of stuff at the wall and hoping that something sticks. Spray and Pray as it were. I did put some of Rand's recent posts together because he specifically asked about his behaviors. Apparently the bulk of the town agreed with my (or maybe it was Ithi's) casing and voted him as well. It is still to be determined if He is Town or not.

Okay Rand. Thanks for answering.

Len lynch also gives us a much better insight into this neighbour business. WoT may also be a very legitimate vote tomorrow if Len turns up town. I hope for our sake he doesn't. Not for his sake, he keeps playing with too much hostility. Not helping anyone that way.

RTE: can you please explain your thoughts on the bold?

Len lynch also gives us a much better insight into this neighbour business. WoT may also be a very legitimate vote tomorrow if Len turns up town. I hope for our sake he doesn't. Not for his sake, he keeps playing with too much hostility. Not helping anyone that way.

RTE: can you please explain your thoughts on the bold?

It's popular belief, general consensus almost, that neighbours are almost never the same alignment according to what everyone has been posting. Therefore I will be taking a very close look at WoT tomorrow and my vote will likely start on her.

I can believe Liam Neeson is a Cop

FYI: http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/71180-the-ultimate-showdown-a-mafia-event/

And more specifically

If it hasn't been said already, Liam Neeson. As a cop, obviously. Good luck trying to lynch him...

You will see in there that there are all kinds of suggestions for Darthe to use in his game.

Sorry Len. The way you kept pushing and not backing up the stuff you were saying about me - I thought you were the death-gifter and wanted to die. I couldn't understand your play otherwise.

Red, I speak how I speak - and whilst it maybe be different from you, that does not make it less valid. You can have a ding dong with Basel and poke and prod and that's fine apparently. I question Len and ask him to back up his statements and I'm pressuring him to emote.

And yes - any amount of inactivity from you on DM means nothing now, because you used that as a tool to try and hide an NK you put in your last game. I have no need to talk around you, just as I wasn't particularly in need of chatting back and forth with Len. Which is why I asked him questions and did the case on Rand instead. I did a great job there lol

But now it is Night.

Archived