DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Leigh Butler's review

Terez

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, fandom reviews (like those from Jason and Leigh) are never your typical 'review'. We don't generally want them to analyze it from a literary perspective; we want them to tease us from a fan perspective. Hence it making us want to read the book even more. :wink: (Jason failed us this year but we forgave him.)

After reading that review I feel like Egwene is definitely a goner.  She's going to die going against everything everyone is expecting from an Amyrlin (for the best) helping Rand and saving the world somehow and that's going to be one of those big tear jerker moments.  There's a reason the person in the series who cares the most for Rand (his three girls clearly care just as much or more, but Egwene grewup with him which adds a deeper layer imo) is setup as the modern day counterbalance to him.  I also feel, given the level of crying, that Min dies as well.

Well, I suppose if the end of the book is really good my mind would be mush for awhile after I read it too.  It seems kind of like her non spoiler review for ToM.

I really hope that 'his pocket' comment wasn't about what popped into my mind initially.

Pocket comment likely the fat man angreal? 

Judging by her reactions, I say some major characters will be dead along the way. 

Perhaps the Broken Wolf?

Good review and am glad to hear positive reviews about it.

I thin kthe 2nd point... the one about asking permission first, is likely the double bonding scene.

For the sparring session, I was thinking Gawyn and Bryne. But I suppose since Gawyn and Galad are in the same vicinity again that could work.

PS—My take on some things, copied over from Theoryland:

Geez, no consent issues here. I am not sure a proportional response is always actually proportional, you guys! What the hell?

I'm guessing this has to do with 'You will bed me now.'

Dammit, dammit, no, don’t agree, don’t agree to – DAMMIT. Well, there goes the neighborhood. You MORON. (Maybe?)

Elayne?

Hah, so sure of that theory, were you? Well, so were a lot of people. So much for that!

This could kind of be anything. I hope it's something like the stream-crossing theory which is essentially fanon these days but could well be untrue.

His pocket? Seriously?

What has he got in his pocketses??

*blink* *blink* Well, I’ll be damned. Mentioned twice, even! I’m not sure if that’s a sop to shut me up or a nod that I was right, or both, but I don’t care, because awesome. The most likely option, of course, is that it didn’t have a damn thing to do with me at all, and ultimately it is totally irrelevant anyway, but I don’t care, because thank you. I am Pleased.

Guessing this is the gay male character. Could be wrong.

AHAHAHA. Just in case there were any trolls out there still insisting on it, eh?

Either Taimandred (in which case she could be referring to the prologue) or Olvercain (in which it would have to be something else).

Uh. Is that who I think it is? Because whooooa.

Someone believed to be dead?

This would be one of those points in a story where there is really only one applicable phrase, and that phrase is oh shit.

I love O SHIT moments!

Ah, damn. Well, one prophecy fulfilled.

And apparently in a lackluster fashion?

Holy Law of Conservation of Characters, Batman! When was the last time we saw ________, TGH? Heh.

Floran Gelb? He was in TSR, but I can hope. tongue.gif

Yeah, well, dude, what did you expect? That wasn’t bringing a knife to a gun fight; that was bringing a knife to a Global Thermonuclear Warfare fight. Sheesh. Also: Damn. That sucks.

Gawyn? Or Galad?

Oh, yeah. I was wondering when they would show up. Not that I’m particularly thrilled that they’re here, of course.

Sharans? God I hope not...

*falls over laughing* Oh my God, that is hilarious. And somewhere a certain someone is saying SO THERE, IT WAS RELEVANT, WASN’T IT. Touché, Team Jordan. Touché.

I feel like I should know what this is.

Oh.

Main character death. You know, one of those ones that could happen, but we're hoping doesn't, like Nynaeve.

I am so jealous, it is going to be a long month.  I did get the impression that there will be a number of deaths and surprising moments so I am excited all the more.  I do not expect a perfect ending and have had my own issues with the last couple books, but I have high hopes that we are going to get a final book that does the series some justice and gives us a satisfying conclusion for better or worse.  

This review destroyed any patience I have for the 4 weeks left until the book is released. :) I should probably just eat a ton of ice cream and settle down for a long winter's nap. Will someone wake me when it's Jan 7?

same here!

Two guesses so far

His pocket? Seriously?

fat man angreal in Rand's pocket at Maradon.

Yeah, well, dude, what did you expect? That wasn’t bringing a knife to a gun fight; that was bringing a knife to a Global Thermonuclear Warfare fight. Sheesh. Also: Damn. That sucks.

Galad facing Moridin or the DO and dying.

One more:

Geez, no consent issues here. I am not sure a proportional response is always actually proportional, you guys! What the hell?

Very sure this is in reaction to the double bonding scene.

What exactly does everyone mean by the double bonding scene?

Have you read/heard the aMoL prologue?

Yes, but skipped over some parts bc I was at work.  Going to have to go back into that...I forgot about it entirely and assumed that it was referring to something revealed by a beta reader/brandon/daily reveal.

Ah, damn. Well, one prophecy fulfilled.

And apparently in a lackluster fashion? 

I doubt in a lackluster fashion. My bet is in an unsurprising fashion.

Holy Law of Conservation of Characters, Batman! When was the last time we saw ________, TGH? Heh.

Floran Gelb? He was in TSR, but I can hope.   

My money is on Ingtar. He was never specifically mentioned as dead, was he? 

EDIT: Ok, hopefully sorted that complete and utter quote failure now.  :blush:

Ok actually I was thinking of chapter 2 (audio) that I skipped over parts.  I thought I got through the prologue pretty well for the most...even if I went through some parts quickly.

Someone clue me in on the double bonding because I'm confused and dont have the prologue with me atm.

Archived