DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The aMoL 'Memories of Light' Releases

Luckers

For those of you who missed this on the Front Page...

Starting November 26th and running till January 8th, the day before the release, Tor will be releasing a line or two from aMoL every day via email which you can subscribe to [and find out more information about] here: http://www.tor.com/memories-of-light/register

Once this goes active we'll have a thread for discussion of the lines (possibly just this thread re-vamped).

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably want to spread the critisism over as long of period as possible. :dry:

Yes DM loves to keep the "critisism" going. It's all that's sustaining these savages. Never mind that the majority of it is valid and the issues are very real. I just wish these people would cover their eyes and pretend it is all perfect. Whoever heard of anything good coming out of "criticism" after all? ;)

Probably want to spread the critisism over as long of period as possible. :dry:

Yes DM loves to keep the "critisism" going. It's all that's sustaining these savages. Never mind that the majority of it is valid and the issues are very real. I just wish these people would cover their eyes and pretend it is all perfect. Whoever heard of anything good coming out of "criticism" after all? ;)

Glad I didn't have to say it lol.

I for one welcome this given that I wan't my opinion swayed. I want the terror that I'm feeling prior to the release of aMoL to be beaten back. So, hopefully my comment in another thread about how there's already been too much material released to merit a good sign of things to come is proven wrong by releasing more material.

So, the description of what these things were going to be seemed kind of vague to me. Color me curious...I'd imagine it's going to be something that won't spoil the book, but man, by the time this book comes out I'll have already read half of it in a patchwork manner. And yet I can't resist more.

Just a question: is it okay to post the lines here? I mean tor obviously wants us on the newsletters and that would stop people from subscribing.

I think it should be fine. It will be small tidbits. The "subscribing" thing is a way for them to make sure they have your email so they can interest you in(sell you) other books after AMoL. Good business tactic to be honest.

Just a question: is it okay to post the lines here? I mean tor obviously wants us on the newsletters and that would stop people from subscribing.

Yes, it is, provided its done within the spoiler rules in existence (i.e. don't go posting them on the General Wheel Board or in a thread specifying no spoilers beyond a certain point).

At this point I suspect I'll create a single thread for discussion of the lines, and see how it goes from there--if there's need for more threads we'll make them.

So TOR will be releasing one line or two a day?

I can imagine the first release:

"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again...."

How upsetting would that be?

"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again...."

Sounds like it will be a few different types of teasers....

To celebrate this tremendous moment, decades in the making, we will be releasing daily previews of the final volume. Sentences, words, paragraphs, chapter titles...memories, if you will, of light.

You gotta wonder which single words could be worth teasing, if they are being literal with that one.

Sounds like it will be a few different types of teasers....

To celebrate this tremendous moment, decades in the making, we will be releasing daily previews of the final volume. Sentences, words, paragraphs, chapter titles...memories, if you will, of light.

You gotta wonder which single words could be worth teasing, if they are being literal with that one.

Names of characters could work as single word teasers... say 'Asmodean', for instance.

Archived