DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Kin Annual Thankful Thread

U4ea

I thought we'd do this a little different this year. I want to see if you can find 30 things to be happy about, but reality is that you're probably not going to get one posted every day. So, let's see if we can keep a running total, then. You can post the 30 things any way you can. You get credit (for the Kinsters) when you get all 30 posted!

Fun, right?

So, if you want to throw all 30 out at once, go for it! If you want to edit your first post and keep it updated 'til you get to 30, I'm cool with that, too.

Just do me a favor and number them so I don't have to?

gracias!

Lookee there,

1) I'm thankful for Kinsters who don't want the Eldest to become a frazzled old lady before it's her time!

1. Although it was the most terrible thing, I am grateful I had spinal surgery with the most talented neurosurgeon (who kept me from eventually becoming paralyzed below the waist.)

2. I am thankful for family, just not my middle sister who is whacked.

3. I am thankful for my dogs. I just love dogs.

4. I am thankful for my human friends too.

5. I am thankful that while I am not working I still have an income.

1. I am thankful for my husband, who loves me when I'm being hard to live with because he knows that the real me is coming out again sooner or later (and sometimes with help of medication).

2. I am thankful for two beautiful, happy, smart children who never fail to make me smile no matter how horrible my day has gone.

3. I am thankful for my new job. I can't begin to tell you how stressful the last one was and today was a beautiful illustration of what I love about this one. It was a parent conference day where parents actually HUGGED ME as they were leaving. I'm so not joking here...

4. I am thankful for my husband's job being steady for the last 4 years. It's nice not to have to stress about money every second of the day. While we're not loaded, by any means, we can pay the bills on time and manage to do some fun stuff, too.

5. I am thankful for my car, which starts when I turn the key as long as I remember to put gas in it. It also carries a ton of crap with no difficulty.

The mushy stuff:

I'm thankful for....

1... a wife who loves that I love her.

2... a son who isn't old enough to realize how much he loves me!

3... a dad who continues to lead by near-perfect example

4... a mom who loves and appreciates my dad

5... nephews and a niece who are just as excited to see me as my friend's hyper dog is happy to meet a new stranger!

6... nephews (niece is not old enough) who have loved my wife even before meeting her, much to her perplexed amusement.

The non-mushy stuff:

I'm thankful....

7... that (at least on my side) my family shares my political and religious leanings, making the holidays less confrontational than many experience.

8... that regardless of my political leanings, my college basketball team's recruiting will benefit with four more trips to the White House while the coach visits his sister and in-laws living there.

9... an apartment with a washer and dryer

10... friends keeping an eye out for a better apartment, closer to town

11... a job that I can stand, and that pays far better than I could have hoped for, which lends to...

12... with my good part-time job, when the GI Bill runs out, we'll just be poor instead of destitute while I finish school.

13... that I have a whole month off for Christmas to catch up on my WoT reread.

14... that the Oregon State Beavers, after going 3-9, are sitting on a 7-1 record!

More to come...

:) Mushy stuff... indeed!

6. I am thankful for the folks I thought were friends who proved me wrong over the summer. I am thankful for them because, without their neglect and hurtful behavior, I'd have walked into my new job with lingering regret that I had "left" them. At least, this way, they're just people that I used to work with and hang out with.

7. I am thankful for a boss who knows what a geek I am and doesn't mind a bit. In fact, she makes sure I'm put in many situations where the geek can be put to good use.

8. I am thankful for a Warder who, no matter how many miles separate us, never fails to know exactly what I need to hear and who has remained a steadfast and loyal friend since the day we met, through thick and thin!

9. I am thankful for the Kin, who give me a place where everyone knows my name, they're always glad I came (yes, I'm singing the Cheers themsong in my head...). You're my home away from home, my Kinsters. Wherever you are, I know I'm welcome and that means a lot to me.

10. I am thankful for Dragonmount. Through this site, I have met some of the most important people in my life. Sometimes they're closer than family. That's when I adopt them!

Yes, we have a lot to be thankful for. I am grateful for DM and the friends here. Not all WoT sites are welcoming and friendly. I hope that eventually, I will be able to choose an Ajah and find a nice Warder like Lor has.

Lor, something happened to me at work. There is a woman there who I thought was my friend. She spends half her time on disability. She took 3 months of disability for a migraine. Two friends told me that in the breakroom, she was insinuating that I was not disabled. She lied and stated that I was at the office twice, that I shouldn't be walking or driving or having lunch with a co- worker. My friend advised her that my neurosurgeon ordered me to walk, did not limit driving in the city I live (only long distances), and I could have lunch with anyone I damned please. My disability form states that I am not housebound. This woman has spent her career on disability. My other friend stated that this woman is jealous and trying to find a way out of work.

I'm sorry, love. *hugs* Some people are just awful and can't make it through their day without feeling someone's got something better than they do. It's annoying, but that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger and you know not to turn your back on her, anymore, right?

And Kyn is awesome. He's the other half of my soul. So much so that most people think we're married. LOL

11. I am thankful for coworkers who are wholly supportive, who I can support without feeling like I'm BS'ing my way through the conversation. Now, if I can just get them to plan together... lol

12. I am thankful for that moment when Peanut sees me across the playground and yells "Mama!" and comes running at me with a smile bigger than Texas. No matter how horrible my day has been, that moment does wonders to drag me back to the positive side.

13. I am thankful for being born in a country where modern conveniences really are convenient. My life could be totally different had I been born elsewhere.

14. I am thankful for good authors who allow me to escape into their worlds when mine gets a little too tense.

15. I am thankful for my kitty, who I've had since he was 6 weeks old and who is becoming a lap kitty the older he gets. He shoots dirty looks at my laptop and curls up around my hand over the mouse when I'm surfing Pinterest. Right now, he's settled next to me, waiting on me to stop typing (seriously, watching my fingers on the keyboard), so we can go to bed where he will curl up at my feet and sing.

I'm thankful for...

1. A job close to where I live

2. My apartment with a washer and dryer

3. Friends at DM who are always there for me when I feel down

4. Good authors that allow me to escape to their worlds when mine is tense

5. My nephew and niece who love me just the way I am

Archived