DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Disney Buys Lucasfilm; Star Wars Episode VII In Theaters 2015

Nolder

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Disney hopes to essentially relaunch the Star Wars film franchise, which had its last installment in 2005 with Revenge of the Sith. Following the three planned sequels, the company envisions releasing even more Star Wars movies at a rate of a new film every two to three years.

If Micheal Bay Directs it..

I'm out of here.

seriously. Anyone want to join me on Mars or something if micheal bay directs it? :wink:

I still say Bay films are worth it for the Mark Kermode reviews.

Would anyone actually object to new actors being cast as Luke and Han and such? Just out of principle?

No. But if they pick the right series, they could actually try and get the original actors. They get old in the EU. I wonder if they'll do the Yuu-thingy-zan Vong war?

As an avid Star Wars, I'm of two minds on this. Part of me looks at the above pictures, especially the one Nolder posted with Lucas and the Disney characters, and wants to vomit. But part of me agrees with what this article:

http://whatever.scalzi.com/2012/10/30/quick-thoughts-on-disney-buying-lucasfilm/

There are soooooo many good stories and plots in the expanded universe that could be awesome movies, if done well. I agree with The Wolf King that any of Zahn's books would be great, The Thrawn Series in particular have always been one of my favorites. The Yuuzhan Vong stuff was ok, but everything after that has been phenomenal imo. I don't think it's a bad idea to get away from the main characters either. I enjoy reading about Lukle, Leia, and Han in the newer novels, but really enjoyed the story lines that centered on their kids.

I felt a disturbance in the force... as if a million Star Wars fans cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

I'm not upset that there are new movies (huge universe, spin-offs can work (just look at the games))

I'm not upset that Disney's bought it (It's an enormous company, the movie depends on cast and crew, not whose money is used (Disney bought out Marvel, Avengers was still really good))

I am upset that it's going to be direct sequel following Luke/Leia/Han. New or old actors would be too much of a change, better to shift the story away from them.

I felt a disturbance in the force... as if a million Star Wars fans cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

Ha!! Good one!

I am upset that it's going to be direct sequel following Luke/Leia/Han. New or old actors would be too much of a change, better to shift the story away from them.

I agree wholeheartedly

The Timothy Zahn books would be awesome if they did it right. And by right I mean keep Lucas far away from directing/writing it. I also would like to see them do Bioware's Knights of the Old Republic with Revan's story.

Sadly he already said its not going to happen. Its going to be a completely new story.

Only good thing I see coming out of this is Han Solo hopefully making an appearance in Kingdom Hearts.

I actually do not feel a great outrage over Disney buying Lucasfilm, I think they have done a great job with Marvel and other than a few toys produced with Disney characters in superhero costumes I do not really see that there have been much influence of Disney over the Marvel characters and storylines, there are still produced nice, dark, definitely not kid friendly Marvel stories so I do not see that Star Wars would be different. Disney is in it for the money and destroying Star Wars would not earn them money. Also Disney have made some amazing adventure movies so I am mildly optimistic about this.

Archived