DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The "I just played..." Thread

SinisterDeath

• Community Administrator

This is like the movie one, But with Video Games, or even board games if you want.

I just played Diablo 3 again for the first time in months... I forgot how much of a time sink that game is!

And.. 6 months ago? I just played, Ticket to Ride (board Game) holy hell thats addicting with a group of friends and tons of beer.

Well, at the moment I'm not playing anything becasue my X Box died the other day. Before it did I was getting ready to finish up Witcher II, which is one of the best action/rpgs I've ever played. I liked it enough that I picked up the first of the books that it's based on and was pleasantly surprised at how good that was too. Once I got past the fact that Geralt looks WAY too much like Elric I realized that there's some quality storytelling in there.

Other than that I play a ton of on-line Civilization Revolutions. The AI is challenging, until you figure out how the game works and then the single player mode becomes almost useless. The thing is that against a human opponent the strategy is extremely deep and engrossing. It was almost as frustrrating that I had to bow out of the tournament I was particiapating in as it is that I now have to wait a month or so before I can start gaming again.

Oh well, hopefully I'll spend more time working on my chess game in the meantime.

And.. 6 months ago? I just played, Ticket to Ride (board Game) holy hell thats addicting with a group of friends and tons of beer.

I am in a similar boat but with Settlers of Catan

Played that to. and had tons of fun with it.

Note, you know that card that lets you rob someone for all cards of a certain type?

Its really, really fun, to trade with someone before using it, and getting them to show you, what is in there hand (Because you have something they really want.) Then, after doing so, You rob em blind.

Its hilarious. :wink:

Gothic 3 (PC) - Incredible RPG from Germany, 10/10

Quest 64 (N64) - Lots of nostalgia but objectively awful, 4/10

Banjo Kazooie (N64) - I'm a huge fan of Donkey Kong 64 and Rareware, so I thought i should check it out. Good, but DK is better, 9/10

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (DS) - Requires a lot of patience, but very fun. Good to play on the subway. Not as good as the Wii version, 8/10

Other than that, I've idly been playing a LOT of Text Twist, Tetris, and Minesweeper. The latter two take so little focus that I can listen to WoT on audio while playing them.

Next on my list:

Prince of Persia trilogy (PS2 rerelease for PS3)

Super Mario RPG (SNES)

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (DS)

EDIT: Omg, yes Katan is so much fun. I haven't been able to get together with my friends for a good round since I started university.

Edited by Danjaman

I rented dishonor, and played a bit of it on my weekend (wed/thurs)...

It had potential but it just didn't catch my interest.

that, and graphically on the ps3.. it sucked.

Still trying to find a local red box that actually has RE6 to rent. >_<

I started a thread chronicling my first play of Final Fantasy VI, and also have a game of Jeanne D'Arc started up. Just bought a PS3 and have AC Brotherhood and Skyrim on the waiting list.

I LOVE Settlers of Catan. It combines the trading and ruthlessness of Monopoly with less luck and more strategy. The card you are thinking of is called monopoly, and I have used that exact tactic to great amusement. The real great thing is that it is easy to learn and almost everybody that plays it loves it.

Just beat Dishonored. Very anti climactic ending, and the gameplay got quite repetitive. It was fun, but it could have been so much better. I played it on PC by the way.

I beat the main questline on Skyrim. I just have a bunch of sidequests to do and I haven't finished up the DLC...Dawnguard? I went with the vampires.

Also beat the main story of Borderlands 2, but haven't finished...Uhhh..Captain Scarletts Booty? lol

Also, played a bit of the beta for Planetside 2. If anyone is in it let me and we can add each other. I've barely played at all and it would be a lot more fun if I had some people I'm acquainted with to try and learn the ropes. Not sure if I have any beta keys to give out. I'll check it out and see.

Rift: Storm Legion expansion

Been playng it since November 13th.

As far as MMOs go, i think Rift has (IMO) overtaken wow in quality of service, and product.

In 2 years time, they have accomplished effectively, what its taken Blizzard 5 years to accomplish. And, without all the QA issues. :wink:

I just played and finished Bioshock 1. Got it for free from a friend. Have to say I enjoyed it alot and am gonna borrow 2 from them late even though I was told that the 1 was better.

Also picked up DDO again. Its free so no cost to me luckily.

As for Rift, I think that fact that Blizz went through these things first and implemented them first, Rift had an advantage of someone else having done it before them so they didnt have to try and fix a problem people hadnt had to deal with before for such a large palyerbase. Havnt tried it though.

• 4 weeks later...

Just played a demo for an indie game called Teleglitch

LOTS of fun

So much tension just walking through a door or around a corner

Not really knowing anything about the story (if there really is one) and not caring regardless

Reminds me of some old school games I used to play

• 2 weeks later...