DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who is the man juggling fire in Min's viewing about Thom?

herid

The quote is:

A man — not him — juggling fire, and the White Tower.

This doesn't mean he's juggling fire and the white tower- as if he's doing both of them. Rather, she sees a man juggling fire and she sees the WT, That comma sets off a separate clause.

sorry, you are absolutely right. I don't know how I missed that comma. I've been completely misreading this viewing. That makes the suggestions of Owyn as the man in the viewing more sensible although RJ's quote still rules him out.

DUDE...Logain IS Owyn!!!

DOOD!!!! - ALL the clues have been there staring us in the face the WHOLE TIME!!!

Fish

ROFL! You nailed it, DOOD.

question -

assuming they get out of the last battle alive - what future is in store for Moiraine and Thom? A life on a farm? in a village? Or with Valan Luca?

Mo is dedicated to the white tower. Thom dedicated to his art. Maybe they start a branch of Aes Sedai that perform? The multipatch ajah?

O

question -

assuming they get out of the last battle alive - what future is in store for Moiraine and Thom? A life on a farm? in a village? Or with Valan Luca?

Mo is dedicated to the white tower. Thom dedicated to his art. Maybe they start a branch of Aes Sedai that perform? The multipatch ajah?

I've always assumed that they would have something to do with Cairhien.

Especially if the popular consensus turns out to be true and Elayne finally reaps what she sows.

It could be rand or mat. Min often has visions where the peoples faces areblurred and/or she can't see. And it wouldn't be too hard to see that it isn't Thom. If the person she saw didn't have white hair and mustaches, it's obvious it isn't himself.

I think it's one of the asha'man. Thom gets bonded by Moraine, discovers, hey, I can live longer with her if I can channel, and learns to use saidin.

Nyn could easily already BE preggo and just not know it yet. Remember how compressed the timelines is. I'm sure Lan and Nyn were going at it like rabbits back in Algarin's manner house and - being the stud he is - I have zero doubt that Lan knocked it out of the park one night and put a bun in her oven.

Fish

i c it as Either Mat or Owen.

Owen:

Owen treatment and death been a driving force in Thom, its not as if the vision say he will meet him again, but it show him as to represent the REASONS BEHIND thom FUTURE action in regard to the WT.

Mat:

in Egy dream Mat cannon had been represented by fire -> seeing him holding a fire in his hands trying to keep it contained.

Mat had large dealing with the WT and he is one of the few person who'm we can say juggle the WT and not the otherway around (Ta'ven + the Tar'angreal)

Thom most of the serie had been with Mat, he belong to Mat arc of the story most.

Well as the vision reads, Min looks at Thom and sees " a man, not him juggling fire". I can read that as Mat. As someone else pointed out he is very adept at juggling and Thom has commented on that before."and the White Tower". You could possibly read that as the Seachan. Now wait a minute before I get hammered about this. Mat is now part of the Chrystal Throne, Tuon also knows she can learn to channel, why not Mat with his Two Rivers ties to Egewene, not being able to "juggle" some sort of peace between them. Someone mentioned the Seachan and the oath rod. Well there is a binder for ALL female channelers that could be made as a new oath that the WT and Seanchan could agree on.

OK let the whole punching begin...:)

Nyn could easily already BE preggo and just not know it yet. Remember how compressed the timelines is. I'm sure Lan and Nyn were going at it like rabbits back in Algarin's manner house and - being the stud he is - I have zero doubt that Lan knocked it out of the park one night and put a bun in her oven.

Fish

Nyn is definitely not pregnant yet. According to Maria Lan's journey to Tarwin's gap takes exactly 100 days. That's more than 3 months. There is no way Nyn could be unaware of her pregnancy at that point.

There are rather obvious biological signs for any woman and Nyn used to be a village wisdom. An extra indicator in her case would be difficulty with channeling which is not present at all.

I've always assumed the man juggling fire was Owyn, and i still do because of Moir and Thoms last conversation. She told him she would tell him who the women were that are responsible for how Owyn was severed. Now that she is back and will/has told him those names i figured the next part (the white tower) would be the where and how Thom would get his revenge on those women.

Owyn might have been the past, but how it related to the vision was something very much in the future.

I cant see it being anyone from the two rivers as Min knew them, and while Logain could fit it just seems unlikely that Thom would have much to do with him as their stories have nothing to do with each other (with the exception that maybe the same women preformed the severing on Logain and Owyn)

Didn't RJ firmly say once NO CHANNELING FOR THOM

?

Fish

No, he said in response to the question of the blue lightning flash at Whitebridge that Thom couldn't channel. That doesn't necessarily preclude Thom being able to learn to channel.

Either way, I've long thought that the viewing and Moiraine's promise to reveal the Red's involved in the Vileness and Thom's skills as the Grey Fox and his debt to Owyn will all come to fruition in Thom helping the Asha'man take their place in the world as equal to the Aes Sedai. I've always said that I think that Elaida's palace will ultimately become the Black Tower after the existing one is rent in blood and flame, which I think will be so excessive as to completely destroy it. And whilst I don't think the Asha'man will join the Aes Sedai or become Aes Sedai, I could see them coming to close unity, perhaps even under one leadership (say if the men took Ajah's or something like that).

Irrespective of what actually forms, that would require compromise on both sides. The Asha'man are new, their Tower will have been destroyed--they'll manage to bring themselves to compromise. But the Aes Sedai, entrenched in their own base of power--something will be needed to make them compromise. Intro Thom and Moiraine, with his knowledge of the Red's and the Vileness and so forth--leverage, insight, skill in politics. He's the perfect man to do this.

Thus, a man who can channel--not him (representing him acting on behalf of all men who can channel out of his debt to Owyn) and the White Tower.

I'm with you on the future unification of the Aes Sedai and the Asha'man and the future of Elaida's palace. Your interpretation of Min's viewing sounds reasonable for the most part but I find it hard to envision a scenario where Thom would play a substantial role in the unification process. Since the viewing is of him he definitely should. But he is a non-channeler and doesn't have a standing with either the Aes Sedai or the Asha'man. why would either group, let alone both of them listen to him in regards to their future governance structure?

If Luckers version is the truth, then neither group would listen to him... but he's skilled enough to have them both dancing for him if he put his mind to it.

Lets face it he quickly crushed the Carhienian(sp) power base (where the game of houses is taken in with mothers milk) with out trying to hard, simply for revenge... how much more could he do if he put his mind to it and had the help of a full sister that was as good as he is at the game.

I'm with you on the future unification of the Aes Sedai and the Asha'man and the future of Elaida's palace. Your interpretation of Min's viewing sounds reasonable for the most part but I find it hard to envision a scenario where Thom would play a substantial role in the unification process. Since the viewing is of him he definitely should. But he is a non-channeler and doesn't have a standing with either the Aes Sedai or the Asha'man. why would either group, let alone both of them listen to him in regards to their future governance structure?

think in tear where Thom managed to discredit or kill dissedents against rand, without even getting his hands dirty

Archived