DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Another Brief Encounter (attn Jodelle)

Delfon

The day had been sour so far but Jodelle is hoping for a better turn out for the night. "I have been strict with Kitten. I'll have to seek her out later and express my regret at having raised a hand to her." Jodelle busies herself with the latest monetary figures, weighing her gold, trying to figure out some sort of outlook in regards to the tavern. She rubs the space between her brows with two fingers, all the stress of today has led itself to an awful ache in her head. Jodelle thinks of retiring to her inner bedroom before she is required to be downstairs. As she gets up to leave her office (which is adjoined to her bedroom through a side door) she hears a swift tapping at her door. She calls out with a loud and forceful tone, "Enter."

Jodelle "Buttercup" Belrose

Jodelle's forceful voice commands, "Enter." and Jon does as he was bid. Jodelle would notice Jon keeping his eyes averted at first, to give time for a reaction in case Jodelle was expecting someone else.

Once inside Jon bows formally, "Good day to you Jodelle. Please forgive my intrusion, I will keep this brief so you can get back to what you were doing." Jon pulls out Kitten's moonstone necklace, keeping it carefully hidden within his hand, "I have been speaking with Emm-" He cuts off abruptly, and tries to cover with a cough. "ahem, excuse me. I have been speaking with Kitten about the events that transpired earlier today." Jon studies this woman carefully, the only one of the three sisters who hasn't come onto him today.

"She hasn't sent me to you, I came on my own to once more offer my services." Jon smiles, a modest smile. Not even in his top five, he didn't want this sister to think he was flirting with her during a negotiation, "I believe I can have your mirror replaced before you open tomorrow, at no cost to you once so ever." He notes the slight change in her eyes, "You are correct of course, there is always a catch." Jon shrugs helplessly, "This is all I ask in return, allow me to use this place as an office, and broker some deals where my services would be of benefit."

Jon pulls out a sheaf of papers, "This is a list of every item I've seen downstairs, in the kitchens, and within the rooms themselves." Jon indicates the first column on the page, where a detailed itemized list divided by location can be seen. "The second column is the price you would pay if I broker the deals through my extensive network of contacts. The items would be of similar quality, or better. I do not deal in low quality merchandise."

Jon let the woman's eyes scan down the list, he knew full well that all but three of the items on the list he had a better price for. More than half the list he could beat his competitors price by at least ten percent, and three of the Haus' most used resources he could beat the going rate by almost half. "I know you can see the value here, and all I ask is for is two things. First, room and board when I'm in the area. Second, the services o enough girls, who would be paid for their time, to entertain my business guests." Jon pauses for a second before he adds, "Oh, and privacy from those same girls for myself." when he remembers the girl he asked to leave his room earlier today.

Jon waits still carefully watching Jodelles every movement.

Edited by Delfon

Jodelle watches Mr. Smythe enter through her door and is quite surprised that he should visit her now. Personally she feels too busy and exhausted for a casual meeting but out of politeness, listens to what he has to say.

She thinks over his proposal. She checks the list he has handed her a few times, mentally comparing the prices. They were fine numbers but she would not reveal that lest he should have the upper hand. Her face is composed into the perfect, indifferent mask so that he cannot tell any of her thoughts or emotions. "Yes, this seems to be quite interesting, Mr. Smythe. I'm sure you've worked hard for these prices but it seems something is missing from our deal. Thinking about it, the money I would save would be less than the total price of your lodgings plus required entertainment, since it seems you will be here often." She glares at him so that he can know that she is referring to her youngest sister. "This is my counter offer and I feel it is the most fair for both of our situations. Truly I'm looking out for everyone's welfare here. You'll offer me the best quality made items with the lowest prices possible as indicated by the list. And I will charge you half the rent I usually do and will not bill you for my girls' services. But you must make sure to tip them handsomely as this is how they recieve payment." She pauses for a moment to let what she has said sink in. "If you are not happy with this deal and hope to stay with what you originally suggested I can also do that but I have a condition. You have to end any pretext of relationship you have with Emmeline. You wouldn't be able to interact with her in any way. This is how I can assure that you will be here for only the necessary times for buisness and not distracted by pleasure. I'm not willing to negotiate further on either deal, so what shall you choose?"

Jodelle "Buttercup" Belrose

'Light, she's good. Perfect indifference, well done Miss Belrose. Well done indeed.' Jon thinks while watching Jodelle through his own perfectly indifferent mask. "You are correct. My lodgings plus the cost of the required entertainment would be too much, which is why I was willing to pay for the entertainment. My own lodgings will cost you next to nothing. I eat very little, and I drink virtually no alcohol. Your tea supplies might suffer, but If required I can provide my own tea leaf." Jon smiles, not to show a jest, but by way of friendliness. "I will also not be sharing a bed with any of your employees, so there will be no cost to you for that."

Jon sighs deeply, "Based on the options you have provided, and your unwillingness to continue negotiating..." Jon trails off for but a moment before continuing, "I'm sorry that our business dealings must come to an end after such a promising start." Jon drops his mask of indifference, replacing it with a look of sadness, "I'm a fair man Miss Belrose, and that deal before you is a good one. I will leave it with you for tonight, and all of tomorrow. If you want to continue negotiating any of the business aspects of our arrangement, you know where to find me. If you worry that my social trips to the Haus would be a cost, we could make further arrangements for me to cover my own costs during those visits. If however you wish to continue to attempt to control any aspect of my social life, on this I am not willing to negotiate." With that Jon turns on his heel, and walks back to his room wearing righteous indignation like armour.