DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Caemlyn (FULL PROLOGUE SPOILERS)

claireducky

yeah, no joke. how is it that they take an oath never to use the power as a weapon except against shadowspawn and in defense of their lives and yet Elaida can beat the crap out of Egwene?

The Aes Sedai who kidnapped Rand in LoC kept beating him up severely with the Power. Sure, Galina was black, but none of non-Blacks in the group thought this was suspicious in any way. Apparently using the Power for this is not commonly considered against the Oaths.

Yes, that's absolutely true, and another time I said, "huh?" to myself. When you're using the power that way, it's no different than smacking someone with a club. A club's a weapon.

But, like Cem said, it's a matter of perspective.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IIRC Egwene explains it in CoT what the traditional logic of the Aes Sedai is in this respect - if there's a chance to kill by using the Power, then it's a weapon and it's forbidden, otherwise it's OK.

Hahaha!! I love it. It's like the Reasonable Person standard in American law.

Thinking about it, one thing from. Chapter One I think Rand was extremely militarily - astute about was that the main reason for the invasion of Camelyn may well have been intended to divert,distract, and divide Team Lights forces.

Fish

Definitely. Also, drew on LTT's knowledge of Demandred. I liked his thoughts about it, too - the books that Demandred had found on warfare and how he shouldn't have looked at Demandred as a competitor in that age. Good stuff.

Thinking about it, one thing from. Chapter One I think Rand was extremely militarily - astute about was that the main reason for the invasion of Camelyn may well have been intended to divert,distract, and divide Team Lights forces.

Fish

Figures, since he has LTT's knowledge now.

Archived