DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Looking for mint condition Wheel of Time First Editions!

Dagon Thyne

I am looking for copies of each book, including New Spring, to keep as collectors items. I would prefer ones that have been signed by RJ, but will take usigned copies as well.

I will pay anyone on here for their copies, but if no one would like to sell, I would like to know any sites or stores that have them.

If you want a complete set of signed first editions, you could end up paying quite a bit. I recently received an e-mail from Abebooks.com about their most expensive recent sales. Check out #7 on their list:

http://www.abebooks.com/rare-books/most-expensive-sales/august-2012.shtml

In case you don't want to click through, here is the entry:

7. The Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan - $7,000

A set of 12 books - all signed first editions from Jordan’s Wheel of Time series - The Eye if the World, The Great Hunt, The Dragon Reborn, The Shadow Rising, The Fires of Heaven, Lord of Chaos, A Crown of Swords, The Path of Daggers, Winter's Heart, Crossroads of Twilight, Knife of Dreams and The Gathering Storm.

I would like to know any sites or stores that have them.

You might search for signed first editions on eBay. You could also check used book sites like Abebooks.com. Bookfinder.com could be helpful as well; it searches for new and used books across multiple booksellers. You might even get lucky and find a good copy at a local used book store, though it's unlikely to have RJ's signature.

That's how I purchased many of my Wheel of Time hardcovers -- at used bookstores. (I even got lucky and found a hardcover copy of Fires of Heaven on sale for $1 at Target.)

But again, I expect you would need to be prepared to pay quite a bit if you do find signed first editions at any of the locations I mentioned.

Edited by Paul H

I am looking for copies of each book, including New Spring, to keep as collectors items. I would prefer ones that have been signed by RJ, but will take usigned copies as well.

I will pay anyone on here for their copies, but if no one would like to sell, I would like to know any sites or stores that have them.

Good luck. Ebay usually, on occasion, has signed 1st Editions for around $250 each. I got a few of them for about $27 each immediately after RJ passed before all the people thought to profit from it. On a sad note, I learned three days ago I lost my entire book collection (around 80 hardbacks and paperbacks of RJ's included) to a thunderstorm that tore the roof off an outbuilding at my parent's place and the lids off the crates they were in. Entirely filled all the crates up with water. Luckily my signed editions are shrink-wrapped against water and dust and kept elsewhere. Nothing like almost a thousand books covered in mold and mildew and still sopping wet. All my favorite authors and all my childhood books I collected. I am pissed beyond words. Good luck though. Try Goodwill. I still fondly remember the day I found two signed hardbacks of RJ's there for $1.99 and a handful of other books in new condition.

Good luck. Ebay usually, on occasion, has signed 1st Editions for around $250 each. I got a few of them for about $27 each immediately after RJ passed before all the people thought to profit from it. On a sad note, I learned three days ago I lost my entire book collection (around 80 hardbacks and paperbacks of RJ's included) to a thunderstorm that tore the roof off an outbuilding at my parent's place and the lids off the crates they were in. Entirely filled all the crates up with water. Luckily my signed editions are shrink-wrapped against water and dust and kept elsewhere. Nothing like almost a thousand books covered in mold and mildew and still sopping wet. All my favorite authors and all my childhood books I collected. I am pissed beyond words. Good luck though. Try Goodwill. I still fondly remember the day I found two signed hardbacks of RJ's there for $1.99 and a handful of other books in new condition.

Bummer Orderfolde, really sorry to hear that. I would be pretty devastated...

Beyond words. Especially when my little brother comes up grinning to me and tells me about having to throw them all away. I did have some luck at Goodwill recently. I found ACoS and Winter's Heart in hardback, first editions, but sadly no signatures. Good thing they were still in my car. At least I have a start at rebuilding now.

Something like that happened to me about 10 years ago. I was homeless for a few years did a lot of couch surfing with relatives and friends. I put all of my books over 7000 of them in my sisters barn and i was assured they would be ok. 22 or so boxes of books everything from plato to dragon lance. Then my nephews decided to get into the boxes and started going through them all and never put them back. The next time i was able to get to them all of them were trash. So many book that i cant even remember what all i had and a lot of them ill never be able to read again cause i just dont know what i had. It was a said day when i went through them all, that were left not a single one was in readable condition.

• 2 weeks later...

all of mine are first editions and not a single one of them are intact anymore most have fallen apart. i switched over to my kindle for my last and final read through. Although right now im readign TDR in book form so the wife can use the kindle for her books.

I already have reading copies of the entire series. This would be completely untouched, for display only. I have a special room in my house that I keep completely dust and static free just for my books.

Edited by Dagon Thyne

• 5 months later...

I am rereading the Wheel of Time at the moment, after first reading AMOL, and noticed for the first time that my copy of The EOTW had a message and signature from Robert Jordon.

I did not buy this new, but in around 1994 at an Amnesty book sale, so it wasn't a dedication to me.

It was the TOR softcover first edition-print date February 1990.

Decent condition, but hardly unread after all these years!

Does this have any significant value?

Finding mint/great condition WoT books which are first printing/editions would be somewhat easy but if you want them signed then you'll probably end up paying quite a bit more for them.  It would probably be better for you to decide what your budget on the books for your collection will be before you decide on signed copies.  Maybe try to get one or two signed by Robert Jordan and the last three signed by Brandon, which are much easier to find at a good price. Bonus if you can get at least one with Harriet's signature as well. Of course if you have the money to get a complete, signed, set then more power to you.

Edited by Nikon

• 2 months later...

If you, or anyone else, are still looking for mint, First Edition/First Printing HC WOT books, I'm selling on eBay right now. My seller/username is bibliotapher76, and as of now the URLs and item #'s ( just copy/paste in eBay search or click on link) are:

Knife of Dreams: item # 290916306960

Link : http://www.ebay.com/itm/290916306960?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Winter's Heart: item # 290918086650

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Winters-Heart-PERSONALLY-AUTOGRAPHED-FIRST-EDITION-by-Robert-Jordan-Brand-New-/290918086650?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item43bc11b7fa

The Path of Daggers: item # 290918081301

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Path-of-Daggers-FIRST-EDITION-PERSONALLY-AUTOGRAPHED-by-Jordan-BRAND-NEW-HC-/290918081301?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item43bc11a315

If the links or item #'s don't work, the item has either sold, or had to be re-listed. I will be adding more books in the near future, including the rare, special leather bound First Editions, so just search for my username, bibliotapher76, and check my other items. Thanks.

• 6 months later...

For anyone interested in mint condition first editions, I've listed a new group of autographed WOT first edition/first prints on eBay for sale...the links are below:

Knife of Dreams:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291026658731?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Winter's Heart:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291026662495?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

The Path of Daggers:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291026652315?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest Garrett M. Novak

If anyone is still looking for these books I have quite a few first editions.  Almost every book except 2,3, and 4 but I have those also just like 20th print.  I have at least 4-5 signed if interested.  Just shoot me a message.  I would like to sell as a full set if possible but I will be willing to split if necessary.

gnovak1025@gmail.com

• 1 year later...

If you'll pardon me for resurrecting an old thread, I'm wondering if someone here can help me on identifying the edition of my signed copy of The Great Hunt. This copy doesn't clearly state which edition it is, and I'm not sure what I should be looking for.  Thank you in advance :)

The%20Great%20Hunt%20copyright%20page_zp

Edited by Adam Z

If you'll pardon me for resurrecting an old thread, I'm wondering if someone here can help me on identifying the edition of my signed copy of The Great Hunt. This copy doesn't clearly state which edition it is, and I'm not sure what I should be looking for. Thank you in advance :)

The%20Great%20Hunt%20copyright%20page_zp

Adam, that is a fifteenth printing. That string of numbers at the bottom is what you are looking for. The lowest number in that row is what your identifier. (So copies that were printed back in 1990 would have numbers going down to 1.)

• 3 years later...

I have first editions of Robert Jordan's Wheel of time series...(2 thru 11)

All are in VERY good condition and all but one have dust jackets.

I am looking to sell. If interested, please respond by e mail, I can include photos upon request. 

Thank you

Mary

On 9/6/2012 at 2:21 PM, Paul H said:

If you want a complete set of signed first editions, you could end up paying quite a bit. I recently received an e-mail from Abebooks.com about their most expensive recent sales. Check out #7 on their list:

http://www.abebooks.com/rare-books/most-expensive-sales/august-2012.shtml

In case you don't want to click through, here is the entry:

This makes me feel like a fool. I had all the first editions of each book, and I sold them to a friend for 50 bucks total after I finished AMoL. He wanted to read them, and I needed clear out some stuff. Oy! 

• 1 year later...