DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Travel and Olympics Month: Discussion: Sports in the Wheel of Time

Brandie

Sports in the Wheel of Time

Hello everyone! Let's imagine that there was a WoT Olympics. What events do you think would be featured?

For the next week, this is where you can come to discuss that and more. Each day I will give a different field and you can list the applicable sports that you think the WoT world would have, you can even make up your own sports as well as put forward the character you think would take home the gold in each event! So let's get started!

Archery_Icon.png

Day 1: Ranged Sports (What kind of ranged sports do you think would be played in the WoT world?)

20110218093007!Icon_melee.png

Day 2: Melee

gymnastics-icon.jpg

Day 3: Acrobatics

horse_icon.jpg?amp;tabid=492

Day 4: Mounted

save-water-icon.gif

Day 5: Water

th_0magic.png

Day 6: The One Power

Day 7: Free Discussion

Thank you to everyone who has participated in this thread! You have all done a wonderful job with it!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a ranged sport Arez... :dry:

No, I think they'd do Archery ofcourse, but maby also target shooting with Mat's Dragons, or the One Power...

Who do you think would win an archery competition? I vote Brigette, personally, but Tam would be in the running I think.

I don't know if this would be one but, dagger throwing?? It could almost be like darts but seeing as how a lot of the characters have a fondness for hidden daggers I would think that there could be a good competition with accuracy and range. I would vote Min on that one. She's very good at throwing daggers.

Archery, 2 different kinds (longbows and normal bows), plus one with crossbows, spear throwing, dagger throwing, at least. I think Tam would win the longbows (you need to train with them a lifetime, and I don't think Birgitte has ever used one), Birgitte for normal bows, a tie between Min and Thom on the dagger throwing XD

I don't know if this would be one but, dagger throwing?? It could almost be like darts but seeing as how a lot of the characters have a fondness for hidden daggers I would think that there could be a good competition with accuracy and range. I would vote Min on that one. She's very good at throwing daggers.

Oh yes, I think dagger throwing would be great! I'd have to say that Thom would beat Min though.

Archery, 2 different kinds (longbows and normal bows), plus one with crossbows, spear throwing, dagger throwing, at least. I think Tam would win the longbows (you need to train with them a lifetime, and I don't think Birgitte has ever used one), Birgitte for normal bows, a tie between Min and Thom on the dagger throwing XD

Yes I think that 2 kinds of archery would be good.

Great Job everyone!!

Day 2 is Melee!!!!

Well, sword fighting of course! Also, close-rance spear fighting. 2 versions of both; on ground, and on horseback. Also, the Aiel way of fighting without weapons.

Lan and Rand would both probably own the sword fighting!

Well, sword fighting of course! Also, close-rance spear fighting. 2 versions of both; on ground, and on horseback. Also, the Aiel way of fighting without weapons.

Lan and Rand would both probably own the sword fighting!

Galad would also do very well in sword fighting I think.

Would wrestling count as Melee? I'm pretty sure I remember someone mentioning wrestling and Perin in the same sentence.

I think wrestling would be a good one too. Perin would totally own that one!

Well I think Mish just about covered most of it. Maybe some kind of wrestling like mother said, or hand to hand combat.

I think Quarter Staff fighting would be included as well. Matt would be wonderful in that event.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that. Perhaps war games. With the great captains n stuff. Each team would meet in the field with training weapons, when you are hit, you are down. Tournament bracket style.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that. Perhaps war games. With the great captains n stuff. Each team would meet in the field with training weapons, when you are hit, you are down. Tournament bracket style.

Ooooh! That would be awesome! I saw one of those once at an SCA event. Very cool to watch!

How about athletic events, I mean like people ride horses a lot and stuff?

Each day I post a sports category and everyone puts forward their ideas on what sports would be featured in that category as well as what characters they think will do well from the WoT.

I think you should perhaps put a description of what each category is? Would help us numbsculls who don't know *grins*

I can totally do that :D

Day 3 is Acrobatics!

This category would include any type of gymnastics, feats of flexablity, and balance. Remember, you can also make up your own sports! Just be sure to describe them so the rest of us can understand them :D And don't forget to put forward your choice of WoT characters that would do well in each event!

Archived