DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What's your favorite WoT book?

U4ea

I hope I'm allowed to post here as a visitor?? The title caught my eye so..

My favorite so far (just starting KoD) has been Fires of Heaven. Just all the heart racing action and raw emotion in that book marks it down as one of my favorite books ever. It almost brought me to tears, which is very difficult for a book to do.

Winter's Heart was the newest book when I started reading, so it's my favorite for that reason. It has very little to do with the book itself.

The Eye of the World is my favorite of the series, though I have scenes in each one that make me read over and over again. I love the Eye of the World because RJ did such a fabulous job getting me invested in the characters, making me laugh with Mat and pull my hair with Nyn. He did such a great job making me feel like a fish out of water, right along with those boys. And then that burst of "Oh, my God!" at the end made me feel like I was crashing through the woods with Rand, scared to death of what was chasing me.

The other books were great (or, at least parts of the bad ones were great), and I was hooked on each of them. But it was that first one that made sure it was impossible for me not to pick the others up. These are my friends, I can't not know how their lives are going!

New Spring, I love the background info....

Oh, I did too! I advise anyone to read the first 3 books and then New Spring, I had so many questions about The White Tower, Aes Sedai and Warders. I really wish there was a book written from the end of New Spring until the Eye of the World.... that was 20 years of searching.

Wouldn't it be cool to travel with Moiraine and Lan while they search for Rand? Ah, well. I suppose we know the beginning and end of that trip, at least.

I have this unrealistic hope that maybe Sanderson will write that one.

I have no idea which to choose (but I can easily eliminate a few)

Probably a three-way-tie between FoH (so intenseeeeeeeeee with Moiraine and Lanfear and EVERYTHING it was just beautiful!) ToM (It's the latest one gave the "most" info so far) and I forget the title of the other... It's too late.... GODDNIGHT

Nielvis has left the building!

• 2 weeks later...

I've only read my favorites once (my last re-read prepped me for KoD, and my current one is around 125 pages from KoD), but when I read them for the first time, KoD was my favorite mainly because of Egwene's politicking in the WT. But then I read TGS and I fell in love with Sanderson's writing even more than I previously loved Jordan's (and have since purchased most of his books as a result). Then I read Towers of Midnight and it was just as awesome....

Long story short, books 11-13 are all tied for #1 for me, depending on which one I'm currently reading.

#2 is The Shadow Rising (Rand in the Waste was awesome.

After that, I have no favorite book, but my favorite moments not in my top 4 are Dumai's Wells, Rand killing of Seanchan in Path of Daggers, and in aMoL when Rand will teach Cadsuane to give him the respect he deserves! (a guy can hope anyways, right?)

I also have long-thought that Crossroads of Twilight was the worst, however in my current reread of it, having expected to find boredom and not anxiously thinking that several cliffhangers might be fixed, I am actually enjoying it. The political intrigue has my attention, now that I'm not impatiently thinking we'll finally see the aftermath of the cleansing, or the Shaido.

Yep, but only because I had low expectations. There is a ton of good stuff in it, but it is subtle.

A good analogy is Star Trek. When I was a kid, I loved TNG, but there were two types: fun action-packed, and boring talking episodes that only the adults enjoyed. CoT could be compared to one of the boring talking episodes, while KoD is action-packed featuring a fleet of klingon warships or the Borg.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope I'm allowed to post here as a visitor?? The title caught my eye so..

My favorite so far (just starting KoD) has been Fires of Heaven. Just all the heart racing action and raw emotion in that book marks it down as one of my favorite books ever. It almost brought me to tears, which is very difficult for a book to do.

We hope you would choose to post here more often.

Archived