DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Another Ashaman in the Tower: Welcome Ashaman Kovan

Songstress

Ashaman Kovan has finally ventured into the Social Groups, and has chosen our tainty abode as his first SG home. We are honored!

Help yourself to the brownies...

brownie_desserts-5735.jpg

They're extra good because of the taint. :wink:

Now, for those who haven't seen you around in other areas of the forums, tell us a bit about yourself. Who's your favorite Asha'man in the books? Where do you hide the bodies of those you murder in the D&D forums? And if you were forced at gunpoint to streak across the field at a major sporting event, which team's game would you grace with your performance?

I'm Tress, one of the Storm Leaders of the Light Faction here in the BT... Don't hesitate to PM me with questions, or ask them here where you can be subjected to mass insanity. Our Lady Dragon, TinaHel, will be along shortly to make you official and get you added to our private boards, where you will find even more fun... but until then, make yourself at home and feel free to contribute to any of the 87 billion games or "official" threads gracing our public boards. :laugh:

Welcome to the Black Tower! *grabs a brownie* There's a ton of great threads, some amazing people and great activities too! I'm only a Soldier, but happy to be here for any questions too. I might also recommend (if you're interested in such things) checking out the August Saidin Class to try your hand at a little RP!

Enjoy the tainty goodness!

The August Saidin class, by the way, is tucked away in one of our private boards, for which Tina will have to prod an admin to give you access. Once that happens, if you're interested, it may not be too late to slip in... or if it is, there will always be another one when that ends. :biggrin:

:ohmy:

Holy Smokes!

... This is kind of a big deal yall. Do yall know who this man is? He literally eats puppies and small children for breakfast. Plus, I heard he once stabbed a guy with a trident.

Welcome to the Black Tower Kovan! You def made a good choice for your first SG, and if you're like me, then you'll never need another fake internet home besides our little Tainty abode. Make yourself at home amongst the various threads, or even feel free to make your own random threads or whatnot.

Okay, not to sound like a fanboi or anything, but to be frank I'm kinda excited to see what you can bring to the table, since I've seen your candor on the D&D side and got the feeling you mighta been lurking for a bit.

Oh, and as far as what Tress was talking about, the August Saidin Class will prob be starting soon, but if you want to you can always join the class midsession, I happen to be the assistant teacher for the class this month and I'm hoping to make it fun for all the newcomers.

Welcome again!

ShadowSmiley4.jpg

Welcome to the Black Tower Kovan! You def made a good choice for your first SG, and if you're like me, then you'll never need another fake internet home besides our little Tainty abode.

(or me!)

:biggrin:

oh, btw, once you get access to the private boards, please check around every corner. there's quite a bit here. if you have a mind to rise through the randks and get access to other private boards... and stuff... and things... you'll find some great ways to earn the points and experience to do it.

the saidin class is a great way to start.

and I also recommend you sign up for what we call 100 questions.... for points.

cause aside from brownies, our main currency in the tower is points. and answering your round of questions will not only assuage our.... very odd... curiosity... it will earn you a nice pile of points.

there's other enterprises like that one around, but I'm very fond of that one, and it'll get you enough for your first promotion all by itself.

oh and bright morning welcome :smile:

Welcome to the Black Tower, Civie Kovan! Have you come for the taint? Or has the taint brought you to us?

*mumbles official stuff* What you need to know - you might not want to talk to the black cats (Tress and Cindy) before their morning coffee or Ithi before her afternoon tea. And... well, I think that covers most of it.

Well Met Kovan! I am the Leader of the shadow Faction here. If there is anything about the BT in general or the Shadow in particular that you might want to know more about then ask away. I am running the Saidin Class as it has much to do with our One Power battles. The class is just starting today but the first tasks are fairly easy to catch upon so no worries if you don't get access until next week.

As the others have said, Havesome Brownies, poke around checking out the threads you can see(if you want to have your mind blown with spam go to the 100k200k goal thread) and just generally enjoy your descent into madness.

Oh, and watch out for the llama poo. NYA!!! get someone to clean that up!!

He lives!

Well, since you're a Civilian, you don't have to worry about Cyan snagging you for her Pink-ing project, so you can feel free to explore the insanity that lurks in our public board until the mods are kicked to give you access to the private ones.

We're a chatty, spammy bunch that loves to play games and talk about... oh, goodness, everything. I believe we'll be starting our August Discussion topic here shortly - tomorrow, perhaps, since our Black Tower Olympics event is winding down tonight - with a special guest moderator... that will be a great one to get involved in. :biggrin:

In a few days or so you should have the private boards, and when you do, there is much more to see and do. Feel free to PM myself or one of the other BT staff (TinaHel, Turin, Ithillian, Nyanna, and Wild Taltos) with questions, and Tina I believe will be sending you a welcome PM if she hasn't already.

And once you have the private board access, you'll be coerced into signing up for the 100 Questions game - it's a great way to earn a chunk of points, and lets us get to know you in our own strange and tainted way. :laugh:

Archived