DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Travel and Olympics Month: Discussion: Would You Go to (Travel To) The Olympics

nicana

For some people going to the Olympics can be a very exciting trip. Others prefer to stay home and watch it on TV and stay out of the crowds. There are also those that don't care to watch the Olympics at all!

I"m going to start this off with three questions and add more as I think of them. If you have questions of your own feel free to ask!

1. If you could, would you go to the Olympics? Why or why not?

2. How would you get there? By plane, boat, or are you close enough to go by car?

3. What sport or sports are you most interested in seeing?

Discuss!

I would love to go to the Olympics! I love to watch sports, also the Olympics to me is an historical event. To be able to go and watch history in the making would be something I would never forget.

2. How would you get there? By plane, boat, or are you close enough to go by car?

I would have to go by plane even though I have a fear of flying. I would make myself get over to watch the Olympics.

I would love to go watch the USA Gymnastics Team and Swim Team. I have always been a fan of gymnastics and watching Michael Phelps the past two games got me really interested in swimming.

If I could go to the Olympics, meaning that money was not an issue, sure I would go. Only happens every so often, and they idea of cheering representatives of your country on is exciting even if romantic in nature.

Car then boat - England is not insanely far away, which in this case I guess is a good thing.

Boxing, naturally :cool:.

1. If you could, would you go to the Olympics? Why or why not? yes, I have always wanted to go to the Olympics, and I've always wanted to go to London, so...

2. How would you get there? By plane, boat, or are you close enough to go by car? plane

3. What sport or sports are you most interested in seeing? swimming, basketball, and gymnastics

1. No, I probably wouldn't, at least not to this years in London. The opening was amazing, but, the fact that I'm generally not much of a sports fan aside, there are a lot of the sponsorship this year that bother me and I don't want to support that.

2. If I was going, it'd be by plane. Takes 2 hours from me to London.

3. If I was going, I'd only be going for the horse-related sports; dressage, jumps and cross country. They are the only things I'm interessted in.

1. If you could, would you go to the Olympics? Why or why not? Yes! I love watching sports/athletics.

2. How would you get there? By plane, boat, or are you close enough to go by car? I'd need a long flight.

3. What sport or sports are you most interested in seeing? Water Polo. Archery. Fencing. Rowing. Volley Ball.

For some people going to the Olympics can be a very exciting trip. Others prefer to stay home and watch it on TV and stay out of the crowds. There are also those that don't care to watch the Olympics at all!

I"m going to start this off with three questions and add more as I think of them. If you have questions of your own feel free to ask!

YEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! It'd be great to be there live and really see the events and truly feel the tension in the air and all of that. Plus you'd also get to see the host city and all

I'd go by plane more than likely. If I could go by car and did I'd have to find a place to park it

Football(/soccer), gymnastics, ecathlon, Equestrian events, archery........... All or at least most of them :P

I don't actually know. I mean all you would be going for is the atmosphere, since you *do* see more on TV I should think.

Plane fo' sho.... Unless they had them in South Africa :tongue:

Football, Gymnastics, Equestrian, Swimming, Athletics,

1. I don't think I'd go to the Olympics. I'm not a huge sports person to begin with, and I imagine it would be very crowded, not to mention expensive to buy tickets etc.

2. I'd have to fly from either Canada or Sweden.

3. I would be most interested in seeing the equestrian events. Show jumping most of all, then eventing (jumping and cross country), then dressage. I don't think I'd bother with the equestrian part of the pentathlon. :P

I would love to! I'm not a sports fan, but there's something special about the Olympics

If we're talking about this specific one, it would have to be plane.

Everything! We try to watch absolutely everything on tv (my huge gripe about this year's broadcast is the absolutely CRAP director!), the more obscure the better. We cheer for the people with the weirdest names :P

Hi!

1: I was lucky enough to see two events in person, basketball and beach volleyball: going was really addictive, I felt that if I could have got tickets for anything else as well I would be there like a shot!

2: We travelled by train, and slept overnight at the train station as we missed the last train back! Worst night's sleep ever but I wouldn't have changed it

3: before I went I was interested in watching the gymnastics and cycling, but I've loved watching every sport that's been on the TV!

(Can I buy tickets for Rio yet) :)

I would love to! I'm not a sports fan, but there's something special about the Olympics

Basically. That and the World Cup. I don't really follow anything else XD

1: I was lucky enough to see two events in person, basketball and beach volleyball: going was really addictive, I felt that if I could have got tickets for anything else as well I would be there like a shot!

O.O

WOW LUCKY!!!!!!!

O.O

WOW LUCKY!!!!!!!

We were so lucky, it made for a really memorable day!

O.O

WOW LUCKY!!!!!!!

That must have been absolutely awesome! *grins*

What we saw on tv of the crowds was amazing - they were so supportive of all the athletes, and really seemed to enjoy the experience.

O.O

WOW LUCKY!!!!!!!

That must have been absolutely awesome! *grins*

What we saw on tv of the crowds was amazing - they were so supportive of all the athletes, and really seemed to enjoy the experience.

Yeah, everyone was out for a good time: we didn't know who we're going to see when we bought the tickets, just wanted to see some sport and take part! We were lucky to get a session to see Great Britain in Basketball and even though they lost It didn't really matter, the announcers, the volunteers, everyone made it about the game rather than 'us vs them' (if that makes any sense at all!)

Archived