DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Egwene Debate

Niel an' Tyomn

I like Egwene because she grew into what she had to be, I loved her in the WT and then when she became Amyrlin of the whole WT, i liked her less. The whole Gawyn thing was annoying as was the one where she doesn't trust Rand, and also the part where she keeps telling people what to do. other than that, amazing character

Even then, Egwene has to assert her authority to PROVE that she was indeed fit to be Amyrlin. And Gawyn just didn't comprehend the delicate nature of WT politics. He might've understood regular politics but not that. And how much was at stake. He was blinded by love and his honor....

I hated her when she was absorbing whatever culture was around her:

Two Rivers--YAY I get a braid and now will become a wisdom

Traveling w/Moiraine--I don't have to have my hair in a braid because I'm going to be an Aes Sedai!

Tinkers--I'm going to dance suggestively, and this life without violence thing does sound kinda nice... Oh hi Aram!!!

etc until FINALLY she goes to the Aiel and absorbs a backbone.

Then she went back and made herself formidable as the Amyrlin. She does what she has to do and all that she does is done to make things better for everyone. Egwene is now one of my favorite characters. My screen name actually comes from the moment when she and Sorelia are saying goodbye before she goes to Salidar

Especially since she become "so" perfect. I don't like perfect characters. There are hardly any flaws in her. Is she human or robot? I like chracters who make mistakes, learn from them and move on. She keeps complaining on how hard it is to manage Aes Sedai while using them like a machine.

Archived