DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Leather Bound copies?

Prettyfox

First off, I'm new to the site and am a big fan of the Wheel of Time books as well as my father, who got me into the series originally.

I was talking to him earlier today and we wound up talking about how the jackets for hardback books always managed to get messed up in one way or another, no matter how hard someone tries to keep it mint... unless they just don't read it, or take the jacket off.

During this, my dad mentioned that he would pay to have the entire series bound in leather... and it made me want this as well. My question to everyone here is: If they made a matchset of the books with every one of them bound in leather, would you buy it?

First off, I'm new to the site and am a big fan of the Wheel of Time books as well as my father, who got me into the series originally.

I was talking to him earlier today and we wound up talking about how the jackets for hardback books always managed to get messed up in one way or another, no matter how hard someone tries to keep it mint... unless they just don't read it, or take the jacket off.

During this, my dad mentioned that he would pay to have the entire series bound in leather... and it made me want this as well. My question to everyone here is: If they made a matchset of the books with every one of them bound in leather, would you buy it?

Heck yes! no matter what the cost....... although when I take out my banged up, batterd, and bruised copys and think off all the places they been to and memeorys we have shared together, from start to finish over and over again.......those rips of love, crumbs of nervousness, smears of anger, and tears of joy suit me just fine... :mat:

No - way too expensive.

You can always try covering the jackets with decent book covering plastic, you know :P

No - way too expensive.

You can always try covering the jackets with decent book covering plastic, you know :P

Well, the fact that it's expensive is the point.. the books in leather would be specifically meant as a collectors item, and possibly to read with great care

Once upon a time dust jackets were invented to protect the cover of a book, now you need dust jacket jackets...

If you want a collection, just buy the books a second time and just read your first copy.

This.

Didn't they make leatherbound copies of the first few? I recall that from a book signing.

I read the paperbacks, and replace every few years for wear and tear, and I'm buying all the hardbacks to keep on the shelf.

It sounds like a cool idea, but reading the comments, I've been swayed to "No". After buying the first half of the series paperback and then buying each new book as it comes out hardback, I'll probably end up replacing half the series anyway, and I for one love the artwork for the eBooks, so if they do a reprint in hardback with that artwork, I'd buy those to shelve and continue reading my current copies.

It sounds like a cool idea, but reading the comments, I've been swayed to "No". After buying the first half of the series paperback and then buying each new book as it comes out hardback, I'll probably end up replacing half the series anyway, and I for one love the artwork for the eBooks, so if they do a reprint in hardback with that artwork, I'd buy those to shelve and continue reading my current copies.

For the record you can buy the paper backs really cheap on Amazon.

Archived