DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

July Roll Call

Niniel

New month. Yesterday I swam for the first time in a lake this summer. And today I walked in the ocean. So this roll call theme will be water - one of our five elements.

5 points for signing in and 5 points for telling a story about water, or telling us about why you love/hate water or... anything water related. :biggrin:

A reminder: Everyone must read and sign the DM/BT CoC. Don´t make me hunt you down and force you to sign. I´m way to lazy and it would be an unpleasant experience for you. :baalzamon:

One post only!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a pretty large number of fen areas and lakes in these parts, so best way to spend a hot day is to find the nearest brook or pond and just laze around there, swimming, relaxing in between, maybe doing a little bit of fishing. I think going to the ocean is better - guaranteed to be colder :tongue: - but if I cannot make it out there, a lake or stream is just fine.

First time I ever went out riding sea doos on this lake it was raining. Not too cold but a little chilly. But add in the wind chill from the speed of the ride and our hands were getting really cold. Most lakes in California have a 35mph speed limit but thus one has a corridor that was no limit. Unfortunately with the weather there was chop so you couldn't let it all the way out.

All in all it was a good day.

I used to be on the swim team which was pretty fun, but I have also rafted a lot. 2 of my favorite memories would be my aunt falling over and my other aunt going insane when we saw a snake in the water.

Here and I'll go ahead and share a recent water story.

Recently, I was in Texas visiting my family, only I (stupidly) forgot to bring a swimsuit. So I instead used these shorts that had just been given to me by my drummer, and they seemed to work okay. So there we were, later in the week, at the guadalupe river. Had a great time altogether, but I particularly enjoyed playing with my 4 yr old and little sister in the river.

Only problem is, sometime later when we're finally getting ready to leave, I discover that I have a fairly large rip in my shorts. And yeah, no knickers underneath :blush:

I live in Phoenix, AZ.... In such an arid climate, water is precious. It's sad, because I adore rain, and we get so very little of it.

July is actually my favorite time of year here, despite the extreme heat, because it's normally when our monsoon season starts. The chance of thunderstorms every evening for weeks on end makes me a happy girl.

Here :)

In Scotland lakes are called lochs, the most famous of course being Loch Ness.

Also, I live on an island so we're obviously surrounded by the sea. One day me and a friend went sailing in a rubber dinghy in the bay where we almost got stuck and kept paddling round in circles :laugh:

I always love going to the beach. If sources (my friends) can be believed, a couple of years ago we were at Hampton Beach. They have some great waves to boogie board ( like a small surf board) on. I caught this insanely high wave and I really don't remember what happened but apparently when the wave crashed I flew off the board, did three front flips and landed in the sand right on top of my board. Wasn't even hurt at all, a little sting.

I iz here.

I live in a house 500 yards from the water. I wake up every morning to the sound of waves and 9 out of ten days, I surf for an hour before I go to work and another hour after work. Even in the winter. At least until two months ago when I shattered my left ankle on a submerged rock in the surf. So now I just sit on my deck and watch my son, who does the exact same thing every day. Nothing beats the ocean.

Well, I remember Riding the Ducks up in Branson, Arkansas, as a kid. It was really fun because the "ducks"

were these former WW II aquatic vehicles that would drive around giving us a tour by land and then they would

just drive off into the water like it was nothing. I even got to stir it. :P

Sing hey! For the bath at close of day

that washes the weary mud away

A loon is he that will not sing

O! Water Hot is a noble thing!

O! Sweet is the sound of falling rain,

and the brook that leaps from hill to plain;

but better then rain or rippling streams

is Water Hot that smokes and steams.

O! Water cold we may pour at need

down a thirsty throat and be glad indeed

but better is beer if drink we lack,

and Water Hot poured down the back.

O! Water is fair that leaps on high

in a fountain white beneath the sky;

but never did fountain sound so sweet

as splashing Hot Water with my feet!

-J.R.R. Tolkien

I likes fishing...

I also love sailing, you know, in those littleish 1-man boats. Thats fun...

I got a chance to sail in those, it's hectic and insanely fun mostly because I had no idea what I was doing

Two years ago it rained so much at school that one door was holding off water from outside that was knee level, I saw some guys nearly open the door as well

actually when it rains really hard the water coming down from our school's chapel roof comes down on the pavement where we walk instead of along the gutters so you have to be real careful that there's no one around who would push you into the water

Archived