DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who else here watches the Big Bang Theory?

RandA lThor

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm serious Arez

I don't like the way the show portrays "nerds" as really weird socially inept people that know a lot of random facts and do strange things

Those people exist yeah, it's a stereotype for a reason

And this is a sitcom granted, it's there to make fun of things to get people to laugh

But I don't enjoy watching something like that

To me it seems really forced and exploitative of "nerd culture"

TL;DR It seems to me that the show is about a "nerd loser" doing stupid things so the obviously normal audience can laugh at him. Call me sensitive but it's not my cup of tea.

you have no clue abotu the show then Nol. because its exactly not that. if anything it shows the "nerds" as being the cool people and those you laugh at are the ordinary people too dumb to get the quips.

to be honest, your not laughing at them, your laughing with them. atleast i'm laughing with them, espeically sheldon, sheldon is great :happy:

for instance

:laugh:

i watch, and often. i love that TBS has so many showings of it, cause when nothign else is on and even though i've seen the episode a million times i still lmao

my fav character is between Penny and Sheldon. Sheldon cause hes .. one nuclear experiment gone wronge from being a super villian and Penny because even though she's great, including her character developement *nods*

least fav is Raj. he's just a striaght up ass. except for the clip where he had that epic shirt *grins* oh my other least fav if the guy with the sever lisp *nods* and most of Penny's other boyfriends. i like Whedon though :laugh: especally at Walowitzs bachelor party

fav episode ... 4 way tie.

when they find the LotR's ring, when Sheldon dresses up like spock to go to the fair, where sheldon gets drunk at his speech, and where Sheldon is in the ball pit jumping up saying Bazinga *giggles*

i think out of all those the LotR's episode is funniest cause the entire episode is great lmao

btw, i still refer to "Leonard" as David. and Sheldons mom as Jackie *nods*

as well as the other girl Leonard datd as Darline.

<3 Rosanne i keep waiting for the 2 beckys to make an appearance :laugh:

no Nol. the reason why i say you dont understand the show is because (from your own quote) It seems to me that the show is about a "nerd loser" doing stupid things so the obviously normal audience can laugh at him.

how many episodes of the show have you watched exactly? cause imo it takes about 5 or 6 to really see the shows true worth.

Archived