DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Game of Thrones - Mafia by Darthe and Ithillian - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

Darthe

The focus should be on why EP was (allegedly) vote controlled. There is still the grand possibility that he's making this up, but if he is Ned Stark then why would he need to fake a reason to unvote Rob Stark?

Someone didn't want Basel lynched OR wanted to make it appear that scum were protecting Basel so he would get lynched.

What if the Iron Throne is a HAMMER ability, kinda like target player is hammered with one less vote?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The focus should be on why EP was (allegedly) vote controlled. There is still the grand possibility that he's making this up, but if he is Ned Stark then why would he need to fake a reason to unvote Rob Stark?

Someone didn't want Basel lynched OR wanted to make it appear that scum were protecting Basel so he would get lynched.

What if the Iron Throne is a HAMMER ability, kinda like target player is hammered with one less vote?

This is what I think, I think that whoever in the book holds the iron throne (haven't read the book so don't know, all I know is the basis of the GoT world and some history) has this ability to hammer someone. I also think this means it is not whoever holds the throne versus everyone else. What other villains are there again?

I've no idea how the vote control thing usually works, so I'm afraid I can't contribute anything. I have a hard time making up my mind on what to believe regarding the EP business. I'm probably gonna have to read up on the site DM has linked in the mafia subforum.

What do you think is more likely of the 2? I know I voted Basel, but now I've begun to believe he might be town, because of how people have talked about their roles and relations between roles and so on.

I'm not well informed of how this is usually done either. I've only been in 2 games before this one, and this is the first advanced game. What I find really confusing is the name itself. It sounds so much unlike a person, since it's actually a symbol or whatever you might call it. If it's a person, it should be EP, but he denies knowledge and claims to be Ned Stark. Ned Stark is the hand of the king, so I suppose it's possible that he doesn't know.

I just wish the day would begin soon. Maybe some answers will appear at dawn?

I would have thought that Firecrotch Mother-of-Smokey would have been a perfect cult recruiter role, or scum at least. The Lannisters could be the scum team, but Tyrion is a likeable character while Cerscei and Jaimie are not so much. Plus, one could argue that Danerys could be scum or cult. I know that the Starks are town at least.

Someone pointed out that the throne ability follows EP if he's the hand. I don't really buy the idea that it's just a hammer vote since I don't think Darthe would've slipped that sort of thing in if we were going to figure it out immediately. If it follows the Hand around that means if Ned dies then it passes to Tyrion, but then what if Tyrion dies?

Speculating in this game is probably going to result in a lot of unnecessary FOS and crap n confusing play tbh so I think we should lay off trying to see who's on which side based on character and focus purely on gameplay. I'm personally going to ignore the character roles unless you're a Stark.

If Tyriom died I would expect it to pass to his father, Something something Lannister, as it did in the books.

I can agree on the focusing of gameplay though Tink. What with fire witch popping that way.

As much as i do not like agreeing with mynd, and as much as i agree he is pompous... I believe he is on the right track with peace.

Peace overreacted and he solved the hint vrry quickly.... like a mafia helping his buddy fake a vote-control. But if EP faked initially... how did he vote without posting?

Hmmmm what if.... HE has to follow the THRONE around? He was controlled normally to begin with and then whoever controls the throne moved the throne to vote Arez. Maybe the throne represents the king's favour or something and the power is randomly assigned to a different person every day

that will teach you not to buddy up to anyone Mafia is not a game of buddying up

Really? He agrees once and he is buddying up?

Maybe Des is right, maybe you ARE scrambling scum

And Blackhoof - you did a great job being Hodor. It was fun to read your posts. You managed to contribute even though you couldn´t speak. lol

Thank you :)

I loved Hoof's Hodor posts. I'm still suspicious of EP a little but I'm leaning town on him. I don't want to be part of lynching my own father. I still think Despo is suspicious, and Peace's overreaction to Mynd saying something totally innocent pinged me. Now I just need to sit back and wait for dawn.

As for all the people thinking cult, I think that if the Others are in the game, then they would be perfect for cult.

Despo pushed EP pretty hard and EP flailed like a fish out of water..but there is one whole in Despo's theory. The MOD voted for EP. Not sure how he can state that EP did the voting himself. Maybe I'm not understanding and need Mynd to explain it to me.

EP did not formally unvote Jack and vote Arez in this thread, unlike when he voted for Jack after unvoting Basel Gill. EP confirmed that he received a message from the Mods regarding his vote change to Arez. This leads me to believe that the nature of each vote control are different.

The Throne vote vexes me further. Is it part of EP changing his vote or completely separate? Are we dealing with King Joffrey already? My PM made it sound like we aren't quite there yet, but then again, if EP is telling the truth about being Ned Stark then maybe Robert Baratheon is dead already, so the throne vote could be Joffrey and not Robert.

The most important thing to glean is that someone, or someones, wanted to ensure that Arez was lynched and not Turin, Jack, or Basel.

Here's one of the biggest hang ups in the whole EP vote business tho: After being pressed, he claimed that because it was a hammer vote, the mod was allowed to switch it to Arez even tho EP wasn't present. BUT IT WASN'T A HAMMER VOTE! Arez was at L-1, and if you look at the order of the votes it was EP, THEN the Iron Throne coming in for the "hammer". So if EP's vote wouldn't have been the hammer, why would he mention anything about the hammer vote making an extenuating circumstance?

And while we don't really know the true nature of the Iron Throne vote yet, we can't pretend that for now it seems a lot more likely that it's connected to EP somehow. EP's claim that it has something to do with Ned being the Hand doesn't quite sit well with me, mainly because even tho the Hand wielded a fair amount of power in the books, something as interesting of a game mechanic as the "Iron Throne" seems like it would involve ACTUAL Kings, since there's like 5 of them to choose between in the early part of the series

And other people keep bringing up that EP might have been hit with a vote controller first, then a vote stealer or something second, but again, this isn't what EP maintains. Anyone can look at EP's responses to my queries and infer that he was scrambling. Not sure why more don't see this

And other people keep bringing up that EP might have been hit with a vote controller first, then a vote stealer or something second, but again, this isn't what EP maintains. Anyone can look at EP's responses to my queries and infer that he was scrambling. Not sure why more don't see this

Despo I know you aren't town so you best prepare your defenses in the morning. Why would anyone steal my role for the night other than to protect you, and apparently I get more than just Role information.

So EP. You think there is a reason everyone is apparently hitting you with these things? I mean really D1 a VC, then some weird vote change and Iron throne vote thing and then being turned into a vanilla? Thats alot of things to hit one person, most ive ever seen.

All were stunned by the actions of the evening. The King had beheaded one of them simply for suspicion of the very thing all must have known they were all there for. And to what purpose? One who did not envy the power of the throne was now gone. Each person was curtly ordered to their rooms and court had been canceled for the rest of the day, presumably to give the palace staff time to clean the defiled Throne Room. With a sigh Robb Stark walked back to his room, weary of the foolishness of court. His direwolf, Grey Wind, could be heard howling in the distance. So odd, that. Normally the wolf remained quiet and lordly as if in an impersonation of himself. Robb felt an odd sense of discomfort at being without his friend but Lord Stark had been told that wolves were not allowed inside the castle as they frightened the women. Robb had wondered then if there was not more said in that sentence than met the eye.

His footsteps clanked down the hallway, alone at last on his way back to the western wing. Eerily he felt a set of eyes on his back, though it could have been the drink finally hitting him. Robb turned and his head swam, his eyes watering as they blurred. His head hit a lavish carpet and the last thing that Robb could truly remember thinking was that Wolves were not allowed in King's Landing. In the distance, Grey Wind howled alone at the moon.

Basel Gill - Robb Stark - Town Deputy has been killed.

It is now Day Two!

...lynched or NK'd? Is it day?

Gotta give you kudos for these scenes, by the way, excellently written.

The awesome thing about GoT themed mafias, is that there are so many possibilities. This is my 3rd GoT game, and it looks like it's gonna be very different from either of the first 2.

I have a few things to say, but I shall wait for confirmation that it's day....

So EP. You think there is a reason everyone is apparently hitting you with these things? I mean really D1 a VC, then some weird vote change and Iron throne vote thing and then being turned into a vanilla? Thats alot of things to hit one person, most ive ever seen.

No I just got what I needed to know, the Iron Throne is not me, it is implied that there are multiple kings this game, this does not only follow season 1 or follow cannon.

Kae the post over yours is saying Day 2.

LOL, cool.

Mostly what I wanted to say is that even tho I haven't been very active due to RL, I have almost 3 times the amount of posts that Kudaran and TMD do, plus Kaylee.

Lurking so severely makes me wonder what they're hiding. It's not like there hasn't been stuff to comment on over the last Day/Night cycle. So I would really like to hear from those 3.

also the VC things as I have said are all 1 ability, unsure who but that is the case, the Vanilla thing is temporary like a modified Role Block but I believe that it was more like a steal then the normal block, so look for who claims finder other than Jack, THAT is where you will find who hit me last night.

Archived