DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Game of Thrones - Mafia by Darthe and Ithillian - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

Darthe

And I'm not ruling out Turin here btw as scum, anything is possible when talking about a team that had Mynd involved in it

But if he really is Bronn, I don't see him as a recruiter myself. And if he WAS the CL/recruiter, he never would have engaged in some kind of gambit with Mynd early on, especially considering they wouldn't even be teammates in that scenario

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Second, Third party groups don't have to be smaller. It just has to do with how the game is setup and everything. All third party means is that they don't win with town, but they don't win with scum either. They're Bruce Willis in Last Man Standing. For instance, Tress is somewhat hinting at a possible third party type role with what she's saying her role pm states, even tho she says she's still "part of the town" it does give you some pause.

I am not hinting at anything of the sort, Despo. I've been extremely clear and forthright about my win condition. My role PM says I am town, and at first I assumed I could also win with town, which was why I was not concerned on the D1 lynch about trying to hammer. I count as town for all intents and purposes except for whether or not I win the game. I cannot win with town, I can only win if I fulfill my personal win condition to hammer a king.

I am in no way third party or mafia, am not a recruiter, and have not been recruited by anyone.

I am primarily concerned with trying to find and hammer Joffrey, but since I have serious doubts I will be able to do that I am happy to help the town win. Everyone who is against the town is fair game in my book, although if there is a recruiter still alive we'd be best off killing them first. Nobody's going to step forward and say "oh, me, I'm the recruiter", so we take our chances with lynching whoever we are most concerned with being anti-town.

And I'm not ruling out Turin here btw as scum, anything is possible when talking about a team that had Mynd involved in it

But if he really is Bronn, I don't see him as a recruiter myself. And if he WAS the CL/recruiter, he never would have engaged in some kind of gambit with Mynd early on, especially considering they wouldn't even be teammates in that scenario

I'd just nearly be willing to bet one of Mynd's teammates was engaging in a gambit with him early on, and with the behavior during EP's lynch, and the fact that the Iron Throne completely AVOIDED any shenanigans with Despo's train, allowing it to go random, I'd say Despo is the most likely candidate for Joffrey. If we lynch him, please let me be the hammer.

I didn't say I thought you were def third party Tress, but the way you described your win condition a second ago was still a little bit unclear, making it seem like you were saying two different things. You are a part of town, but do not win with town. People who don't win with town sound faintly like third party style roles. Something like a survivor, which you very well could be, would win as long as they survived to the end, and would make it a pretty good idea to claim a win condition that can't be met or something.

And I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I am who I have always been, and that is Lysa Arryn, a vanilla townie. I've responded to my best abilities every question that was thrown my way. Don't know what else yall want from me. I normally would just accept it, knowing the situation looked stacked against my favor, and hold small comfort in my flip finally vindicating me in some tiny way

BUT

And this is important, as I said earlier we might be getting close to endgame, if the third party can still recruit. A mislynch today could be very unfortunate, and honestly at this point in the game I think we can get a better lynch than me, considering new info which has come to light. Going back to me after scum tried pushing my lynch earlier in the game just feels lazy to me, I think town can do better than that

I didn't say I thought you were def third party Tress, but the way you described your win condition a second ago was still a little bit unclear, making it seem like you were saying two different things. You are a part of town, but do not win with town. People who don't win with town sound faintly like third party style roles. Something like a survivor, which you very well could be, would win as long as they survived to the end, and would make it a pretty good idea to claim a win condition that can't be met or something.

I could not possibly be any more clear about my alignment and win condition even if I quoted my role PM, which was actually unclear to me until I asked the mods to clarify it. It says I am town. Unequivocally it says I am town. It says my goal is not only to eliminate those who are non-town, but since I am the rightful king to make my rivals regret rising up against me, to paraphrase. And then it gives my personal win condition, to hammer a king. I originally thought since it said "not only" I could win with town, but I asked for clarification on that because I realized it never said that I win with town, and was told that I do not. But I count as town for all other purposes.

I am not a survivor, I do not win if I live to the end of the game. Frankly, I don't expect either to have a chance to win or to survive to the end of the game. I expect whoever shot Mynd will probably wind up shooting Joffrey, or a speed lynch will happen while I'm stuck at work and I'll miss my chance to hammer.

And I still doubt that you're vanilla town, Despo. The Iron Throne has been involved in every town lynch so far, and on the third party lynch managed to kill a townie with the vote control shenanigans anyway.... and we came within one vote of lynching you and it went random. Unless whoever controls the Iron Throne was absent for your entire train, they don't want you dead.

I agree that that circumstance looks very strange. And even tho I know how I would react if I was one of you (I would prob vote me), I also sadly have the benefit of knowing that I AM town.

I already gave a couple of theories for why they didn't hammer me. Mebbe they were willing to throw the dice with a random just to keep town from getting info AND making me look even worse to try and ensure that a lynch on me occurred the next day. And I prob would have been strung up the next day, had it not come out that Arez was third party (and then Kae)

And you even admitted yourself earlier that day that scum were trying to get me lynched, what with Andrew being vc'd and whatnot.

As for your win condition/alignment, originally I merely pointed out how your description of your pm could be construed as poss hinting at third party territory. I wasn't seriously trying to build a lynch on you, merely speculating. Kind of like the confusion over BG 1.0's win condition, it just seems a little weird, and in a game with diff third party roles, we prob shouldn't rule anything out.

Well i'm going to bed.

Y'all could do better than lynching me today, but then again I suppose you could do worse. Doesn't really matter much, if the third party recruiter is still active and at large, we're pretty much screwed anyways. Nite everyone

I'd just nearly be willing to bet one of Mynd's teammates was engaging in a gambit with him early on, and with the behavior during EP's lynch, and the fact that the Iron Throne completely AVOIDED any shenanigans with Despo's train, allowing it to go random, I'd say Despo is the most likely candidate for Joffrey. If we lynch him, please let me be the hammer.

And then right afterward,

Sounds good to me Songstress.

If BG is town (which I have serious doubts about), why would he be ok with Songstress fulfilling her personal win condition - which is not the same as the rest of the town's? She just said that she'd help the town win because there's little chance that she'd be able to hammer whomever she feels that Joffrey is. I'm sure she's going to try to win, but just agreeing to let someone fulfill a personal win condition sounds anti-town to me.

Hopefully the third party recruiter can only recruit on an even or odd night. Or hopefully oneshot.

And Rand is hoping that they can only recruit on even/odd night cycles or that is was only a oneshot? Know something the rest of us don't?

If BG is town (which I have serious doubts about), why would he be ok with Songstress fulfilling her personal win condition - which is not the same as the rest of the town's? She just said that she'd help the town win because there's little chance that she'd be able to hammer whomever she feels that Joffrey is. I'm sure she's going to try to win, but just agreeing to let someone fulfill a personal win condition sounds anti-town to me.

If you'll recall, during the tail end of D3 when I had just revealed and we were trying to secure a lynch on Despo, BG was also OK with letting me be the hammer then. He was definitely town as his 1.0 version. I see no reason to suggest he is anti-town now for being ok with letting me try to fulfill my win condition.

If you'll recall, during the tail end of D3 when I had just revealed and we were trying to secure a lynch on Despo, BG was also OK with letting me be the hammer then. He was definitely town as his 1.0 version. I see no reason to suggest he is anti-town now for being ok with letting me try to fulfill my win condition.

This. And I see no reason to not work with 3rd party folks if they are willing to work with us. So long as Tress's condition doesn't end the game, its all good. Town helps put Tress on the throne, overthrow Joff-turd, then helps us with her probable new-found powers. We rub her back, she rubs ours.

What are you talking about Dice?

And btw, can you and Basel answer my question please? What are your thoughts on a mass claim?

It seems like a good time for it, gets all the cards on the table, and I doubt there are that many scum or third party peeps out there so it will mainly help town

I think this just shows further how scummy you are this game, Despo. A mass claim would only serve to tell scum which players are the worthiest targets for an NK, and it would do nothing to vet anyone as town in a game where alignments are not what expected (Melisandre as town, for example).

What are you talking about Dice?

And btw, can you and Basel answer my question please? What are your thoughts on a mass claim?

It seems like a good time for it, gets all the cards on the table, and I doubt there are that many scum or third party peeps out there so it will mainly help town

I think this just shows further how scummy you are this game, Despo. A mass claim would only serve to tell scum which players are the worthiest targets for an NK, and it would do nothing to vet anyone as town in a game where alignments are not what expected (Melisandre as town, for example).

You're just spewing out typical arguments against mass revealing, without thinking the situation over at all. And incidentally, you have a serious problem with tunnel vision. Your only reason for voting me once you came back into the game was that you had said you would vote me before dying a Robb, completely ignoring how stupid obvious that would be. Really Basel, you have to be able to think past the first possible conclusion in a game like this.

You very clearly hinted at being Robb Stark, then talked about who you were going to vote for the next day, during the night phase. Not very smart man. You set yourself up as an easy target, and the way you did it also helped set me up to get framed. And yet you continuously ignore this reasoning.

Between your lame duck tunnel vision on me since you reentered the game, your completely different disposition and activity level, and your faint defense of two known third party members (Arez and Kae), are all enough for me to strongly suspect you might in fact be the third party recruiter yourself.

Oh and as for the mass claim, town has already lost two role cops and a healer, I really doubt we'll be handing any awesome NK targets to the mafia. And I'm not telling anyone to claim their role, just their character.

And I already said this once before, the idea behind doing a mass claim would be to try and narrow down the list for who could be joffrey and the third party recruiter, NOT to try and vet anyone because of their claim. Start paying attention Basel.

Methinks you're so against a mass reveal because you can't think up a passable fake claim. :blink:

Oh and as for the mass claim, town has already lost two role cops and a healer, I really doubt we'll be handing any awesome NK targets to the mafia. And I'm not telling anyone to claim their role, just their character.

And I already said this once before, the idea behind doing a mass claim would be to try and narrow down the list for who could be joffrey and the third party recruiter, NOT to try and vet anyone because of their claim. Start paying attention Basel.

Methinks you're so against a mass reveal because you can't think up a passable fake claim. :blink:

That's what you say is your reason. In a game like this, there are lots of special roles, and I am guessing that they will go to the major characters. I don't believe in mass claims, so you may have my identity when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Once again Basel your disposition and demeanor has completely changed since you reentered the game. It's getting surprisingly easy to read you as scum.

And mass claims, much like no lynch votes, can be beneficial to town under the right circumstances. For you to blatantly ignore any use a mass claim can offer us and be so staunch in your stance just screams anti-town

The night had been long, stretching out dark and cold. There was no comfort to be had. These were troubled times. The memories of the previous day were still fresh in everyone's minds as they tried to sleep and gain some respite from the trials of the day.

One who had been there throughout went to his bed with a heavy heart. He felt the pain of the one who had lost two people on the same day, but he also felt a brief flicker of hope ... with no one to contend with, the path to his ultimate goal was now clear. Once he showed her how hard he had been working to protect the realm, she would accept him finally. Inside his head he ran through scenario after scenario, each one ending with her being in his arms. Everything would be ok. Now all it would take was time, and he had plenty of that. Sighing happily he closed his eyes and slept deeply.

He did not hear the door to his chamber opening, or the light footsteps that padded across the room to his bed. He did not see the figure standing over him or feel the narrow blade that was positioned on his ribs to his left and angled slightly upwards. A slight push was all it took to permanently break the heart that was only just begining to heal. At least his dreams had been happy and now they were timeless. The silent figure looked down and saw a slight smile on the now corpse's face and couldn't understand why anyone would be happy to be dead.

BG-2 - Sir Jorah Mormont: Town Roleblocker has been killed.

It is now Day.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Not voting (9): Basel, Despo, Dice, Peace, Rand, Razen, Tina, Tress, Turin

72 hours till night. Darthe will make us a lovely Countdown timer at some point.

Man... the mafia team seems to really enjoy taking the same player out twice :dry:

A roleblocker would have been very useful to keep around, too. Something tells me town is kinda screwed :sad:

Vote Basel

He's acted completely diff since he rejoined the game, and as I've said many times I'm always wary of replacements. Now that we've seen BG 2.0 flip town, it makes me even more confident that something is up with Basel. And on his aggressive overreaction to my bringing up a mass reveal, and I think he's our best choice to go with today as I believe he is the third party recruiter himself

Archived