DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Game of Thrones - Mafia by Darthe and Ithillian - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

Darthe

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The woman reached for another glass of wine. There were two glasses she could choose from, it was impossible to say which one would satisfy her more. Eventually she chose the wine in front of her, and surveyed the room.

Over in the corner a figure had been still and quiet for far too long. Holding her glass in her hand she stepped forwards and down the stairs. The crowd cautiously parting in front of her has she walked, careful not to attract her gaze or attention. Finally she stopped and looked the silent one up and down for a few moments, before nudging him slightly with her toe. He did not react. Carefully she leaned forward until her face was almost upon his lips and felt the faint breath of life still there.

Her eyes narrowing with disappointement she summoned the Guards and ordered that he be thrown outside the Doors immediately. Sleeping! When there were so many things of importance being decided. That would never do. She turned her gaze on the rest of them now, to make certain that they understood what was and was not acceptable in this place, at this time.

Now another would have to be found. Heading back to her place beside the Throne, she remembered a letter she had received several days earlier. A request to be admitted to the proceedings from one who would seem to be almost identical to a corpse that had been dragged out only the previous night. Perfect. He had written that he would keep abreast of these high matters of state and be available whenever she should summon him. That time was now. She motioned to the Guards and they opened the Doors once more to allow access to him. Now their number was complete again and all was well in the Realm ... for now.

Kudaran has been replaced by Basel Gill-2

Welcome back to the game Basel, and thank you for offering to keep up in case you were called on as a replacement.

:smile:

I am back. I feel much alive again. I'm wondering now if the Iron Throne might be randomly hopping among the players. Mynd snookered EP and myself by getting us to trust him, but I'm also wondering about the votes on EP after Mynd's death. Apparently I'm not the only one to find it suspicious that Mynd flipped scum and people continued to vote EP. Meantime, did my stated intention of who I would be voting during the first night contribute at all to my being killed? I mentioned I was primarily planning to vote Despo on D2, and then I died. I never even got to use my power with Robb, since it was contingent upon Ned's death. So here's the rub: did I die for being a Stark, and scum figured I was killing just for my character, since I never claimed any kind of power at all? Maybe scum assumed I would inherit Ned's power if he died. Or did I die because scum needed to take a vote off Despo?

One thing that is interesting is that I bet Ned's powers were clearly divided into a "Lord of Winterfell" power and a "Hand of the King" power. As Robb, I would have only inherited some of Ned's powers. Whether this would have been the bi-nightly role cop bit or something else, I don't know. But some of Ned's powers are maybe still out there, possibly with Tyrion.

interesting, EP was EDDARD, not NED Stark. isn't someone else claimign or hinting Eddard? from day 1 or something?

Hoof. Ned is Eddard Stark's nickname.

This was worth a good laugh.

Since Searcy is scum. Apparently Geoffrey is on the iron throne. It's safe to assume the iron throne is a scum DV.

So I think turin needs a second looking at. Not hard to believe Mynds early posts were possible distancing and gambit posts

Since Searcy is scum. Apparently Geoffrey is on the iron throne. It's safe to assume the iron throne is a scum DV.

So I think turin needs a second looking at. Not hard to believe Mynds early posts were possible distancing and gambit posts

That's what I presumed after Neds death. But the thrones "advisor" I suppose said that Peace was right about Mynd. How does that fit in with Geoffrey? If the Lannisters were discussing Peace seeing through them then I don't think "wise" would be the choice of words.

Stupid computer decides it doesn't want to connect to the Internet for a day and this is what I miss. Mynd's role was that of vote controller AND silencer. Silencers are nasty - so I commend the vig for taking him out. And I don't think that he was the only vote controller out there. Looking back at some of the vote counts, there's a lot there that's manipulated votes - votes that can't all be explained by what's been revealed to us so far.

Personally, I think that given how Mynd defended EP, the possibility had to be considered that they were teammates. I'm not saying that meant to push for a lynch because of EP's claim as Ned (which I maintain would have been suicidal if it wasn't true), but it looked to me that a bunch of people just hopped on his train once they saw how Mynd flipped and didn't really give much more than that.

I think that both Tina and Turin are scum. Given her vote on Turin day 1 and backing off, then with her vote on an inactive (which would be an excellent scum ploy to pull an inactive teammate back into play) and hopping on EP's train after Mynd had flipped scum leads me to believe that she is his teammate. And given how she voted Turin early in the game and pulled off of him after he answered her question with a single word, I think Turin is on their team as well. Mynd also came out hard against Turin (for things unrelated to this game, but came out against him nonetheless), which I think seals the deal in my mind.

The pale insubstantial light of morning began to filter through the windows, into the Great Hall. Those assembled looked around nervously and mentally counted the people they knew and expected to be there. Then they counted them again. Surely that could not be right.

But it was ....

They were all still there.

It is now Day

With 18 alive it takes 10 to Lynch. Darthe will post a Countdown and Deadline shortly - probably about 3 days or so.

Seeing as I just posted why I feel that Turin and Tina are both scum literally two posts above this one, vote: Tina.

I think that both Tina and Turin are scum. Given her vote on Turin day 1 and backing off, then with her vote on an inactive (which would be an excellent scum ploy to pull an inactive teammate back into play) and hopping on EP's train after Mynd had flipped scum leads me to believe that she is his teammate. And given how she voted Turin early in the game and pulled off of him after he answered her question with a single word, I think Turin is on their team as well. Mynd also came out hard against Turin (for things unrelated to this game, but came out against him nonetheless), which I think seals the deal in my mind.

Provided here.

Well, my ideas of basing who's who on PM wording seemed to be way off. It is now apparent that scum have at least somewhat similar wording in some regards. I believe we have a typical mafia team now, though I still think the Throne is something that can be obtained and held by either side, for good or for bad. Also, is it not obvious to anyone else that Ithi and Darthe are the assistants to the King/Throne that are mentioned?

I agree with Razen and others that those final swoop in EP votes deserve some serious consideration, but I hadn't been paying a whole lot of attention to those folks honestly and I'd need to re-read. All 4 or so of them can't all be scum. Songstress in particular tends to be really talkative and very helpful as town, but very lurky and "busy in RL" as scum.

I still think that Despo is scum honestly. His accusations of EP flailing over and over failed to address the arguements that EP made to defend himself and he knowingly pushed a lynch on Ned Stark. I think Mynd distanced himself from Despo and buddied up to EP hoping to gain some favor in towns eyes should Despo flip scum or EP flip town, either way it helps his cause. Also he did drop Despo pretty early on for Arez which speaks to me as further evidence of distancing. Also, I happen to know that at least 2 people targeted me last night and I'd very much like to know why.

Vote Despo

Also, I happen to know that at least 2 people targeted me last night and I'd very much like to know why.

Vote Despo

that made me crack up xD

Anyway.. I am kinda votescared now.. I'm afraid a mynd/Ep will happen again, but instead It'll be Ep/Despo.

Otherwise it is a logical way to go, Despo pushed very hard for an EP lynch, although I can't say that it was completly unjustified.

I'm more curious to the "lurkers", where is Turin for example? I can't remember reading anything notewordy from him in a long while.

Otherwise there are others, Tina has been "popping" in just right to avoid to much sucpicioun, although it seems that she got it now finally.

And Razen? Is there anyone else that feels he's been kinda "lurking" aswell? I know he's made some posts, but it feels lurkich to me.

But the lurkiest player right now, to me, is Jack. Does anyone have any input about Jack? Don't be shy.

When I say input, I mean thoughts and stuff like that, I wouldn't ask anyone to reveal their role xP

But the lurkiest player right now, to me, is Jack. Does anyone have any input about Jack? Don't be shy.

When I say input, I mean thoughts and stuff like that, I wouldn't ask anyone to reveal their role xP

Jack has already revealed his character and role, Arez.

And the way you phrased that pings me hard.

Official Vote Count:

Despothera (1): bgrishinko

TinaHel (1): Razen

Not voting (16): alannalynn, andrewlee, Arez Al'Loke 2.0, Basel Gill 2.0, Blackhoof, Despothera, Jack_D, Lenlo, peacesells, RandA lThor, Sakaea, songstress, TheMasterDude, Tiinker, TinaHel, Turin Turambar

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch

Here is your handy dandy countdown timer:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20120704T23&p0=745&msg=Night

Oke, I found what he claimed. But I'm curious to why you accept it without hesitation?

WE just had a similar scenario, and you apparantly haven't learned from your last mistake.

Claiming to be an every other night finder isn't a reason for him to be so quiet, is it?

He's already claimed, so lurking won't do anything good now.

Oke, I found what he claimed. But I'm curious to why you accept it without hesitation?

WE just had a similar scenario, and you apparantly haven't learned from your last mistake.

Claiming to be an every other night finder isn't a reason for him to be so quiet, is it?

He's already claimed, so lurking won't do anything good now.

What scenario? The one where EP claimed to be an every other night finder and was telling the truth? So... you are saying that we shouldn't believe him based on this? I'm confused.

Oh god, another one trying to manipulate my words.

MYND, claimed to be a Stark, and he was very adamant at doing so. Everyone just believed him, hardly any sucpicion. When accusing Mynd People would be like

"ARE YOU ATTACKING A STARK!? Oh my god you fricking scum, go die in a rat hole somewhere"

But he wasn't a Stark. So nothing bad comes from having a little sucpicion. Instead of just saying, "Jack_D is now immune to any threats, no matter what he does, because he has claimed"

Try to dig a little bit more on the matter, why did he claim? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember him having alot of pressure any time in this game, he's just been rolling with the tide and throwing in remarks like

"How could you vote EP after it was so obvious blabla"

But your twisting of my words are noted.

Songtress is scummy, Tina is scummy, Arez is doing his best to hurt town. (Your emotional rant allowed the scum to swoop in and hammer our cop)

Despo is scummy as well. Once EP claimed cop everyone should have backed off. Especially when I pointed out Mynds scum slip. Have to go back and re-read to see who defended/glossed over that.

Game mechanics. IMO, anyone who is actively trying for the throne who doesn't have the legit claim is scum. The legit claim belongs to Stannis, which is why Messy was town, Ned was town, Rob was town. Cersei trying for the throne via proxy, Joffrey, was scum. So daddy Lannister and Remly are probably 2 more out there.

Now, I'm going to throw a little curve ball to everyone. I am the Kingslayer. And if you read the books you know he has no designs on the throne. I couldn't say this yesterday cause I was required to have my vote on Cersei or I would die when she was lynched. I can only assume that since my vote was on mynd when he was vigged I was kept alive.

So to reiterate. The Scum team is probably Cersei, Joffrey, Remly and Tywin Lannister.

Oh god, another one trying to manipulate my words.

MYND, claimed to be a Stark, and he was very adamant at doing so. Everyone just believed him, hardly any sucpicion. When accusing Mynd People would be like

"ARE YOU ATTACKING A STARK!? Oh my god you fricking scum, go die in a rat hole somewhere"

But he wasn't a Stark. So nothing bad comes from having a little sucpicion. Instead of just saying, "Jack_D is now immune to any threats, no matter what he does, because he has claimed"

Try to dig a little bit more on the matter, why did he claim? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember him having alot of pressure any time in this game, he's just been rolling with the tide and throwing in remarks like

"How could you vote EP after it was so obvious blabla"

But your twisting of my words are noted.

Um... no, I was asking a question. Hence all the question marks and the asking of which scenario and the "I'm confused" part. I just wanted clarification... sheesh. Calm yourself.

I'm not angry. To me it didn't feel like questions, It felt accusations. But if you say you only meant them as questions, then so be it =P

We will call it a misunderstanding and move on.

You make a decent point about Mynd as an example though. My thoughts on the matter is that it would seem to be a little bit odd to use the same lie twice. It's possible of course, but fake claiming too many Starks as mafia is a good way to get someone killed so I doubt they would be THAT gung ho on plotting.

Archived