DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Elyas vs Birgitte: Birgitte wins!

"Ok! Final match of round one, Elyas and Birgitte!", shouted Fnorrll.

"Geez, you'd think he was yelling into a tavern filled with drunk recruits with that roaring," said Birgitte.

"Well girl, I don't suppose that bow would do you much good in a one on one fight. I do hope you have a sword hidden somewhere on your person - you're gonna need it."

"I don't do swords, I do use a dagger or two on occasion when the situation calls for it."

"I'd go with two, the situation definately calls."

"Sweety, you're no Gaidal Cain," Birgitte blurted... "Mother's milk in a cup, Birgitte you had to let him rile you up didn't you?!" Birgitte cursed under her breath.

Elyas drew his long knife and lunged at Birgitte wolfishly, while she was cursing at herself. Seeing Elyas approach, Birgitte deflected his knife hand with her bow and drew her dagger from its sheathe. "Not very sporting of you to attack a lady in such a manner; I commend you for it for I am no ordinary lady." Birgitte went on the offensive, thrusting with her dagger. As Elyas parried her dagger she thwacked him with her bow in areas such as the ribs and tender parts of the arms.

"All right girl, you asked for it," Elyas caught her bow with his free hand, and cut her dagger hand with his knife, forcing her to drop her dagger. "Now yield so you can get that hand Healed," Elyas snarled.

"You fight like a wolf; I guess I should have expected that with those golden eyes of yours. I yield," Birgitte said as she picked up her dagger and stomped off to the Healing tent. "Somebody get me a bloody drink!"

(prediction Elyas wins)

I think Birgitte would give Elayas a run for his money.

Until Elayne does something stupid to get herself in some trouble, then Birgitte would have to call "Pause" or "Time Out" in order to take care of her Aes Sedai.

And, because Elayne caused herself quite a bit of trouble, Elyas would win by default.

She would rather use a bow, and doesn't like to use a sword but she knows how to use it and has fought in close quarters before.

Vote Birgitte. She has so much more experience and knowledge than Elyas. She's a legend!

Elyas has his wolf senses and Warder training. Birgitte has several lifetimes worth of experience. both have the gifts of being Warders. I think setting might have a big part to play here. In true close quarters like in a city I think Birgitte might have an advantage due to greater tavern experience. Likewise Elyas would be better in open ground.

Birgitte but very close. Unless Elayne had been at the wine again then she is in big trouble.

Birgitte - although both Elyas and Birgitte I would assume to have around the same level of strength (them both being Warders, with all the benefits that entails), Birgitte has generations of experience as a legendary fighter, whereas Elyas has been out with the wolves for too long.

She would rather use a bow, and doesn't like to use a sword but she knows how to use it and has fought in close quarters before.

Vote Birgitte. She has so much more experience and knowledge than Elyas. She's a legend!

Birgitte said in one book that everytime she has picked up a sword, something bad has happened, I don't think she could beat Elyas, she just cannot move the way he does. Don't get me wrong I think Birgitte is a great fighter, but she just can't match Elyas' movements

so elyas

Birgitte said in one book that everytime she has picked up a sword, something bad has happened, I don't think she could beat Elyas, she just cannot move the way he does. Don't get me wrong I think Birgitte is a great fighter, but she just can't match Elyas' movements

so elyas

She dosent use a sword..

Yeah - but she isn't fighting with a sword, and either way - there's no way that Birgitte would yield after being wounded in the hand! She would have at least kicked Elyas' feet from under him...

you still can use a dagger or hammer with one hand. Or punch people :biggrin:

Archived