DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand vs Gawyn: Rand Wins!!!

"Lord Gawyn, it's good to see you again," Rand said. "Your sister Lady Elayne is a very confusing woman; she says one thing, and then contradicts herself in the very next statement."

"My sister is none of your concern, Dragon," spat Gawyn, who looked at Rand scornfully. "Now I receive the opportunity to avenge my mother - fate is kind to me this day."

"Mother, you must not let this match take place. Gawyn believes Rand killed his mother and wants nothing more than to kill Rand!" Egwene exclaimed.

"Hush now child, the straws were drawn and all is in place," said Elgee. "However Rand Al'Thor, I must forbid you from channeling, as it would be against the spirit of the tournament. Is there one among us who you trust to shield you?"

"Since Alanna holds my bond, I will have her shield me. Alanna, if you don't mind?"

Elgee watched Alanna place the shield on Rand, "Very well, you may begin."

Gawyn charged Rand, changing sword forms so quickly only the truly skilled could follow them. Rand neatly parried each attack with ease.

"I did not kill your mother, Gawyn; I heard she was dead before I entered Caemlyn. I went to Caemlyn to kill Rhavin."

"Liar!" Gawyn roared at him, blinded by his own rage, and continued the assault on Rand.

Rand, frustrated with Gawyn, tried to formulate a plan to get Gawyn to believe him. Rand sighed, "Death is lighter than a feather, but duty is heavier than a mountain." Using The Grapevine Twines, Rand disarmed Gawyn and placed his sword on Gawyn's throat. "By the Light and my hope for rebirth I did not kill your mother, Gawyn Trakand!" Rand sheathed his sword and stormed off the sparring grounds. Gawyn, a little shaken, picked up his sword, sheathed it, and left in the opposite direction.

(Prediction Rand wins.)

Interesting fight this one.

First, I want to say Rand, because he's got the channeling thing.

But... Gawyn is the brother of one of his lady friends, and uncle to his unborn spawn. So, he might not want to kill Gawyn.

And Gawyn .... didn't he promise Egwene he wouldn't fight Rand, or kill him or something, until he had absolute proof of his sister or mother's deaths? (Don't remember exactly.) Plus, I seem to remember that he knew his sister had a thing for Rand, and possibly suspected Elayne bonding Rand, thus wouldn't wanna cause his sister harm.

So, here's what I'm thinking.

Rand will win the fight. But it wouldn't be a fight to the death. It'd be one of those cheesy bromance movie fights where the dudes go out for a beer afterwards and talk about how dumb they were to fight in the first place.

Then Elayne and Egwene will give them both an earful.

Never assume silly. Ok so we have 1 naturally gifted swordsman who's trained for about 2 years and is as crazy as loon, vs a naturally gifted swordsman who's trained all his life.

Vote Gawyn

meh I was going more with the fact that Rand trained under the best, and that he has the oneness, and that it's in his blood (Lews Therin) not to mention the whole set in stone 2 handed Rand is the second best swordsman, oh speaking of which, would it be fair if I voted?

Archived