DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lan vs Sleete: Lan wins!

'Been a long time since we've had a good spar," Sleete said to the man that approached him.

"Aye, so it has Sleete, so it has." Lan replied.

"The people here came to see a good show - what say we give 'em one for old times sake? I'm not much for these flashy events and neither are you but since the Amyrlin asked, we might as well give them something to enjoy."

Sleet assumed the stance The Creeper Embraces the Oak, and Lan followed with The Leaf Floating on the Breeze. "I see you're not as eager as you were the last time we sparred, Sleete. Good, this should make for a right fine duel indeed." Lan advanced with Lightning of the Three Prongs, Sleete countered with The Falling Leaf, followed by The River Undercuts the Bank. Lan responded with The King Fisher Circles the Pond. The two danced back and forth, countering each other as only two blademasters could.

"So did you ever find another Warder for Hattori?"

"No, I found one that fit the qualifications, but he had other plans."

"Ah, then all is as it should be; Hattori needs no other Warder as long as you can still wield a sword. However, these sparring matches hold no other purpose than to train, and you have no need of that from me. I hereby yield this match to you."

(Prediction Lan withdraws regarding Sleete an equal.)

I don't remember Sleete. . . .

*bashes herself in the head with the closest WoT book*

So, Lan.

But, he's really a sympathetic choice because he's the reader's introduction to what a warder is and does, and therefore defines the "perfect' warder to many people.

*thinks chuck norris would take them both*

Archived