DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tony Awards

Dwynwen

I hope I'm not the only Broadway fanatic here. Did anyone else see the Tony Awards tonight? What did you think?

I was happy to see Neil Patrick Harris doing so well as a host again. I hadn't known that the movie Once was made into a musical, so I was pleasantly surprised to see that. Hugh Jackman was adorable, as usual.

Some of the revival numbers just didn't have the oomph of the original cast performance (Evita, Jesus Christ Superstar). It's too bad Patty LuPone and Mandy Patinkin didn't do much in the awards show, because I would have rather seen them in the Evita number than these new people (I just cannot see Ricky Martin as Che...).

Love B'way, but missed the show! :(

Ricky Martin as Che?!

I did see a show recently, Re-Animator: The Musical ...it was very funny. This was its second run in LA and it's playing festivals in NY and Edinburgh.

It was nice to see the guy who did the costumes for Follies got a Tony: those outfits were gorgeous.

I can't picture Once as a musical. Well, I guess I can, but I hated the movie and was surprised by how well it did. Didn't even like the music.

I haven't seen Re-Animator: The Musical. My current musical watching plan is to get tickets for The Book of Mormon at the Pantages and go with my family. I really hope it doesn't sell out before we can get tickets (my mom is taking forever to give us her days off from work for the months it's playing).

Book of Mormon is a good bet: it's got lots of good buzz! Hope you get good tix!

Lots of stuff to see over the summer... new, edgy stuff... and old standards (Peter Pan at La Mirada, for one, with Cathy Rigby)

That's the only thing I'm driving to LA for (it's two hours away from me). However, we've got the Redlands Bowl Summer Music Festival coming up here. I want to go to see Golden Bough in July and go to Opera Night in August.

What city are you in?

Archived