DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ray Bradbury (1920-2012)

JenniferL

His stories have had much influence in my own life by inspiring me to write myself. Most notable is his R IS FOR ROCKET collection of shorts which include standout stories like "A Sound of Thunder" and "Fire and Frost" The world of Sci-Fi has lost a great contributor.

• 1 month later...

R.I.P Ray Bradbury, I didn't know he had passed away until I just seen this thread. Terrible news.

I have heard many great things about this author but had never got around to reading anything until a couple of weeks ago I bought "Something Wicked This Way Comes" and I am halfway through reading it at the mo, while it's not the sort of story I normally read I am enjoying it.

Wow, I just found out about this. I did a re-read of Fahrenheit 451 the other day too. I had no Idea while I was reading it, that he had passed. He certainly has influenced me a lot. Well, like they said, his memory will live on through his books. He was one of those rare authors who could describe in such vivid detail, with so little words. He will be missed.

"Everyone must leave something behind dies, my grandfather said. A child or a book or a painting or a house or a wall built or a pair of shoes made. Or a garden planted. Something your hand touched some way so your soul has somewhere to go when you die, and when people look at that tree or that flower you planted, you're there. It doesn't matter what you do, he said, so long as you change something from the way it was before you touched it into something that's like you after you take your hands away. The difference between the man who just cuts lawns and a real gardener is in the touching, he said. The lawn-cutter might just as well not have been there at all; the gardener will be there a lifetime."

- Granger, Fahrenheit 451

Archived