DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Osangar Arangar

Durinax

they are named after two deadly daggers used in a blood sport durign the Descent. A game in which both players died eventually

They both attached themselves to Rand (for sure death is waiting for him) and egwene (unknown thus far whether she will die).

I think this is some of the most subtle foreshadowing in the books, Egwene is going to die. sorry I don't have more to embellish onto it but I just thuoght of this and thought I should toss it up before I forgot it

I had always thought the names were foreshadowing that they themselves would inevitably die again but your idea is much more interesting. I like the idea that their "wielders" we're destined to die. I have nothing against Egwene (at least, no more then a good portion of ais sedai) but I wouldn't mind either if she was part of the body count in aMoL

Both of them were betrayed by someone on their side. This might be symbolic because their friends or wielders killed them. That may also be foreshadowing. Your idea still has merit though.

Interesting and definitely possible. The thing that came to mind after reading this is that we might see Nynaeve as Amyrlin Seat at the end of AMoL.

Nynaeve as Amyrlin would be awesome. She's developed enough as a character to lead, finally, and I think others might actually follow her. Plus, if Rand happens to survive in some fashion, she now has a much closer connection to him than Egwene does. Though she's basically Rand's AS counselor, and I think AS might balk at being led by someone who's held that position.

As for Egwene dying, it could happen, but I think it would be almost TOO neat. having a person you're not overly fond of, but can trust, is a more WoT position than being able to like the leader.

Interesting and definitely possible. The thing that came to mind after reading this is that we might see Nynaeve as Amyrlin Seat at the end of AMoL.

Nynaeve as Amyrlin would be awesome. She's developed enough as a character to lead, finally, and I think others might actually follow her. Plus, if Rand happens to survive in some fashion, she now has a much closer connection to him than Egwene does. Though she's basically Rand's AS counselor, and I think AS might balk at being led by someone who's held that position.

As for Egwene dying, it could happen, but I think it would be almost TOO neat. having a person you're not overly fond of, but can trust, is a more WoT position than being able to like the leader.

it would only be neat for the people who absolutely hate egwene (I somewhat hate her, but this doesn't matter in this context), but it would be messier than hell for the story

While Nynaeve as amyrlin would be a nice change, I really don't see Egwene actually dying. RJ/BS have put too much effort into making her the future of the WT in the next age. Plus, we've already been through three amyrlins in a couple years. Don't think we are in for another change of office.

While Nynaeve as amyrlin would be a nice change, I really don't see Egwene actually dying. RJ/BS have put too much effort into making her the future of the WT in the next age. Plus, we've already been through three amyrlins in a couple years. Don't think we are in for another change of office.

well if I didn't think of how much effort was put into the egwene arc. the death of egwene would be a huge boon to the shadow, the AS structure would collapse in on itself without a central leader.

besides cmon the 'gar with egwene had to be doing more than giving her headaches

well if I didn't think of how much effort was put into the egwene arc. the death of egwene would be a huge boon to the shadow, the AS structure would collapse in on itself without a central leader.

besides cmon the 'gar with egwene had to be doing more than giving her headaches

Arangar was doing more then giving her headaches. He was keeping her from dreaming. The shadow knew she was a dreamer and didn't want her talent used against them so Ar'angar was supposed to keep her from dreaming. He gave her headaches so she would keep coming back to him and he could block the dreaming ability. I've never really agreed with the theory that he placed some dormant compulsion on her that hasn't been revealed yet. He was just spying on her and blocking her dreaming.

they are named after two deadly daggers used in a blood sport durign the Descent. A game in which both players died eventually

They both attached themselves to Rand (for sure death is waiting for him) and egwene (unknown thus far whether she will die).

I think this is some of the most subtle foreshadowing in the books, Egwene is going to die. sorry I don't have more to embellish onto it but I just thuoght of this and thought I should toss it up before I forgot it

following that line of thought, Egwene and Rand should be fighting eachother using Osan'gar and Aran'gar. That's not true. Therefore I think it foreshadowed that both new Forsaken were doomed to die and said nothing about the two people they were sent to.

Perhaps this is the last cycle, perhaps the DO will be destroyed and time will be unhinged from the wheel and become linear rather than cyclic. I got some sense of that as a possible outcome from the RJ interview on the end of the audio books.

He talks about linear time as the greatest gift, as it allows development, it allows change, it allows progress.

Perhaps this is the last cycle, perhaps the DO will be destroyed and time will be unhinged from the wheel and become linear rather than cyclic. I got some sense of that as a possible outcome from the RJ interview on the end of the audio books.

He talks about linear time as the greatest gift, as it allows development, it allows change, it allows progress.

I've had a theory that the DO can in fact be destroyed. But I also think that this could be just a part of the current cycle of the wheel. I think it could be possible that the DO is a different entity every turning of the wheel, and in this way, the pattern is allowed to repeat in the exact same manner every time around without the DO ever "learning" how to overcome the pattern. Maybe the DO gets destroyed, but now Moridin becomes the new "DO" (Maybe because he's connected to Rand in some way.) Or perhaps Fain could become the new one. But either way, the role of the DO is essentially played by a new being when the Dragon Reborn returns again to fight him.

The idea that maybe time could continue in a linear fashion as a utopian society is also a neat thought, and would tie the series up in a very definite way. so I would certainly enjoy an ending of that sort just as well.

It's possible. How did the woman leading the Aes Sedai against LTT's wanting to go to SG die? I think her last name was Posae? Really drawing a blank on the name, sorry guys.

Latra Posae Decume. She died during the breaking.

I think that if Egwene died Nynaveave would go on a killing rampage and try and kill the Aes Sedai. She said she was going to do so if Rand, Perrin, or Mat died in EotW

I don't know if she would now but someone would certainly pay for the deaths, She does not serve the White Tower but "serves" Rand, Egwene brings a bit of conflict couse she also "serves" Egwene but not what she represents (The Tower), so If someone in The Tower is responsible they better start running.

Archived