DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Evil "Aiel"

toss the dice

Hey so I just reread Towers of Midnight, and I got to the end and found myself once again wondering what the hell those things were at the end that looked like Aiel, but wore red veils and had sharpened teeth. My own personal opinion is that they are male channelers. We know that when male Aiel channelers are discovered, they go off to the blight to fight the shadow until they die and that none have ever returned. But what if the shadow is simply collecting them in order to use them in the last battle, and the creatures we saw at the end were the male channelers that had been collected. Also an interesting thing I saw about them was that they had red veils while the normal aiel had black. The prophecy of the dragon makes allusions to red and black blood being spilled, and the aiel take a lot of bride in rand being of their blood. So maybe its the aiel the prophecies are talking about when they say his blood is spilled on the rocks of shayol ghul. Thoughts? Corrections? Comments?

My thoughts exactly.

Or, they could just be the bodies of those Aiel but "stuffed with puppets of shadow".

Or they could have been turned to the Shadow with the 13x13 trick.

The Shadow collecting the bodies of the dead.

With regards to your take on the prophecy, anything is possible and it certainly sounds plausible.

there seems to be a lot of theories on this subject..some say it could be people from shara or island of madmans (not sure if the name is rigth, just picking it out of my mind now:P) I really wonder about those and tbh I have no idea where they come from :) cant wait for the last book..!

Archived