DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Shakespeare Week Hidden Blademasters?

Hello and Welcome to this thread!

Have you ever read one of Shakespeare's works and thought

Is this guy an undercover Blademaster form The Wheel Of Time sent to sabotage the world that Shakespreare has Created?

If the answer is yes, then you finally have a chance to prove your teories here!!

Anyone who suspects a Shakespeare character of being a blademaster can write down who the person is and why you think he/she is one.

Also, please include information about where the character can be found!

To get the ball rolling, I'll start out =)

**************************************************************************************************************

The Man I suspect of being a blademaster is... Edmund from "King Lear".

He is so devious.. It's almost like he's a warder form the Me'Arearth.

He can fight, but he uses his mind to eliminate the need for big confrontations.

One example is when he's having a conversation with Edgar. Suddenly he draws his sword and commands

Edgar to escape. While Edgar flees, Edmund slashes him on the arm effortlessly. This to me

seems to be the quality of a very smart blademaster.

But the most devious plan yett. This happens when Edmund is accused of treason.

His halfbrother Edgar challenges him, a duel to death. Edmund realises that even if he would win the

clash of swords with his brother, he would most likely be arrested and executed later on. So he does

what only a skilled blademaster could.

He directs Edgar's sword so it cuts him severely on non-lethal body parts. Then he pretends to be

mortally wounded. The act works and they leave him alone, thinking that he'd die from his wounds eventually.

Later Edmund's enemies receive a message that states that Edmund

has died from his wounds. But actually, he's sitting in hawaii enjoying his adios MF.

Edmund you sly son of a goat..

**************************************************************************************************************

Nominees - Person who nommed him/her - total votes (Only one vote per person, nominators don't count!)

I will assume that the first person named in your post is the one you want to vote for, if not, post and correct me ;)

Hamlet - EP - Lenlo, Leala, Athena (3)

Henry V - Athena - None for the moment.

Sebastian (Twelfth Night) - Razen - None for the moment.

Tybalt (Romeo and Juliet) - Fnorrll - Nya (1)

Macbeth - Fnorrll - Rasheta (1)

Laertes - Rasheta - None for the moment.

I agree with EP - Hamlet would definitely be a blademaster. Not a Warder though, as shouting "get thee to a nunnery" would not be taken well by Aes Sedai...

I think Henry V is a blademaster. Actually, he's probably a channelling blademaster. How else would he have defeated an army many times his own size with so few casualties?

Tybalt from Romeo and Juliet. Having a reputation as a deadly duellist in a land where duelling results in banishment is no easy feat :wink: also, he kills mercutio by stabbing under the arm of Romeo who is pulling them apart and through Mercutio's armpit, iirc...so whilst not the most honorable, certainly with the ability to see a very slight opening and execute a precise and difficult thrust. Granted, he then gets caned by Romeo, but I think thats just because he is the main protagonist and is on a vengeful high. Tybalt is an out and out fighter, where Mercutio is a joker and Romeo a lover.

Secondly, Macbeth from the play bearing his name. He has a reputation as a fearsome warrior, gets command of the kings armies, and then a prophecy arises that no man born of woman can kill him. Now think about that- the prophecy doesnt give him immunity from other men- it simply tells that no other man will strike him down. His skill at weapons is what helps him defeat other men- seen in the last battle in the play, when his army is losing but he himself fights on until that other guy who was born from a C-section finally takes him out.

Those are my two nominations. *exits stage left*

I agree with EP - Hamlet would definitely be a blademaster. Not a Warder though, as shouting "get thee to a nunnery" would not be taken well by Aes Sedai...

BWAHAHA!! :laugh:

Heh, Fnorrll beat me to Tybalt... I agree with all those reasons, I think that Tybalt woild be one of if not the best duelist of Shakespeare's characters (I haven't read that much so yeah..)

Macbeth certainly has a well earned rep too, especially from his glorious battling skillz in act 1 scene 2:

For brave Macbeth--well he deserves that name--

Disdaining fortune, with his brandish'd steel,

Which smoked with bloody execution,

Like valour's minion carved out his passage

Till he faced the slave;

Which ne'er shook hands, nor bade farewell to him,

Till he unseam'd him from the nave to the chaps,

And fix'd his head upon our battlements.

:laugh: enough nerdisms... I also second this nomination :P

I agree with Hamlet and Tybalt. :) Hamlet especially. His honor, his father's honor, his mother's honor, all rode on his skill with a sword. I agree that he could be a good Warder, too. Tybalt seemed like one of those that would be a Blademaster because he was expected to.

BWAHAHA!! :laugh:

Heh, Fnorrll beat me to Tybalt... I agree with all those reasons, I think that Tybalt woild be one of if not the best duelist of Shakespeare's characters (I haven't read that much so yeah..)

Macbeth certainly has a well earned rep too, especially from his glorious battling skillz in act 1 scene 2:

For brave Macbeth--well he deserves that name--

Disdaining fortune, with his brandish'd steel,

Which smoked with bloody execution,

Like valour's minion carved out his passage

Till he faced the slave;

Which ne'er shook hands, nor bade farewell to him,

Till he unseam'd him from the nave to the chaps,

And fix'd his head upon our battlements.

:laugh: enough nerdisms... I also second this nomination :P

if Macbeth was a Blademaster, Macduff would have been one two by right, since he ended up killing him. :P

Archived