DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Revenge of the Sith Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!!

Ithillian Turambar

I am a disciple of Occam's Razor, which for those of you unfamiliar, states that the theory which makes the least amount of assumptions is likely correct.

Those of us who are Jedi have vetted each other because of the nature of our abilities. There is also the rule of character canon. In a game like this, Yoda would never be evil and Palpatine would never be good. The Jedi claims below make sense, more than Turin's claim. This leads me to believe that all claimed Jedi are correct. Think about it from a Mod perspective. Now after you've had your evil laugh, now look at it from a Mod constructing and balancing a game perspective.

For Turin to have a character so obscure that he's a footnote on the Jedi list, that would stand to reason that the more prevalent Jedi characters from Revenge of the Sith had already been assigned to other players. Sure, it is possible for Ithi to have left some of those Jedi out, but aside from it being unlikely, the Jedi claims all came before all of the non-Jedi claims had been posted. This means that there was always a chance that whoever one claimed might have been countered. Follow me so far?

Look at the list below.

Claimed Players:

Myndrunner - claims Ki Adi Mundi - Jedi

Ishy - claims Anakin Skywalker - Jedi

EP - claims Saesee Tiin - Jedi

Roo - claims Barriss Offee - Jedi

Dice - claims Aayla Secura - Jedi

Lenlo - claims Chewbacca - walking carpet

Darthe - claims Jimmy Smitts - human

Now, look back at Darthe's breadcrumbing. He did that for more than one character, so much so that EP and I took him to be a droid at first. He is claiming to be Bail Organa based on some of his other claims, but that another breadcrumb trail. This dude owns a bakery with all the breadcrumbs he's laid down. What is the likelyhood that he is neither droid nor Jimmy Smitts, but rather Palpatine in the rotty flesh?

As likely as Greedo shooting first.

Next, let's look at the alleged walking carpet. Chewy was a minor character, less than Jimmy Smitts even. Yoda makes a passing reference to Chewy in RotS on Kassshyyykkkk (ironically, the sound of a Star Trek door opening or closing). Lenlo admitted to being responsible for two of the non-phase-ending deaths, one of which was a scum. Does that fit Chewy? Was Chewy an assassin with a blaster, or a crossbow wielding freedom fighter in RotS? Methinks Lenlo made a safe/lucky fake claim.

....and then there is Ishy. If Anakin has turned to Vader in this game, then I deserve to lose. I've always suspected that Ishy had flipped to the Dark Side when Dooku was whacked, and with Padme gone, it is quite possible that he is Vader in this game. This is, of course, the major plot point of this game. I guess I've been more focused on Palpatine than him, but hindsight, we probably should have eliminated Ishy earlier on. If Ishy is town, he would have to agree that eliminating the possibility of Vader rising only helps us since Anakin is just another Jedi....or he would have you believe this.

I don't know how many of us will die this day. Perhaps we will lose the game before the day ends. Perhaps the crosshairs are already aligned on one of us. There is a blade more powerful than any lightsaber, the town's greatest asset. That is Occam's Razor. No matter what ridiculousness is spun our way, we must remain true to what we know and what makes sense.

Truth will set the galaxy free.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no argument against what you said Mynd and I agree. Taking me out would remove a lot of the WIFOM where I'm concerned. Obviously, I'd like to stay and win, but if Town needs to remove the distraction I create, as long as I'm part of a Town victory, whether I'm dead or alive makes no difference.

I just wish that before you decide, that we take that look at Len I addressed earlier. His claim is bunk I'm convinced, and we already targeted him before. Yet we just abandoned him. Not sure why, but there it is.

So I am now 100% certain your scum radar is broken Ishy. Basel, then Turin and now Me. At the very least be very careful before we cast any votes so we dont lynch another town.

We've lost a lot of townies, but the scum have painted themselves into a corner. That's always how it goes with Mafia. In order to win, they have to kill townies. But every townie they kill brings us one step closer to finding them.

I am beginning to suspect that Lenlo and Ishy are playing a gambit, and have been this whole time. In this Night Phase, we should consider closely whether Anakin speaks truly or if he has already flipped to the Dark Side. It is possible that Lenlo has been Palpatine all along. Whether Ishy is playing a gambit or truly scum-hunting, then we will have to see how he reacts to a Lenlo lynch in the morning.

Darthe and the gang, what are your thoughts? Is Ishy telling the truth? What about Lenlo's Chewy claim?

EP, you have been my padwan brother through this whole game. You asked me a question, and I shall answer with yes. Like our master Yoda has taught us, believe not what you see, but what you don't see, especially at Night. Come daybreak, the light will shine upon us all....and truth will set us free....and illuminate the Darthness.

To be fair, I wasn't on the Turin lynch. Basel is the only one I was completely wrong about.

Defensive, aren't we Anakin? These are emotions of the Dark Side! This is all an elaborate performance, is it not? A prelude to a game-ending lynch, I'm sure. Turin got himself lynched because he couldn't vet himself properly as a Jedi. Then he accused me and EP of being Sith - that clinched it for me.

Just.....not so sure about YOU!

Darthe and the gang, what are your thoughts? Is Ishy telling the truth? What about Lenlo's Chewy claim?

Unsure of Ishy, a lynch would clear up a lot, but can we afford to get any more wrong? Definitely don't buy Len's Chewie claim, I thought he might be third party, but he could well be Palpatine as you say.

I would have no problem whatsoever taking a shot at Len tomorrow. I believe I've said as much at least three times in the past Day/Night phase.

What? Are you continuing this Night Phase performance? Did you truly think that by pretending to volunteer for your lynch tomorrow that it would somehow vet you in our eyes? I am beginning to think that your lynch tomorrow is exactly what needs to happen for the greater good. Like my padwan EP said before, reading between the lines has shown us a lot about who is who in this game.....and the mafia have run out of red herrings to hide behind.

"hokey religion and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side , kid"

Oh really??

In England and Wales 390,127 people (almost 0.8%) stated their religion as Jedi on their 2001 Census forms, surpassing Sikhism, Judaism, and Buddhism, and making it the fourth largest reported religion in the countries.[17] In the 2001 Census 2.6% of the population of Brighton claimed to be Jedi.

She bowed her head for a moment and then sighed deeply. ‘You seem surprised that I would care? I was not born a Sith, you know? Drallig is … was … someone I cared for deeply. When I heard of his death I was saddened. It further convinced me that what we were doing was right.

‘I was not the only one in mourning. Another one had also been in great pain and anguish, having lost someone during these troubled days. More used to caring for and healing others, the deaths and distrust she had witnessed had begun to take their toll. She was greatly affected by the death of another innocent and went to the inner sanctum of the Temple to meditate and find her centre.

‘As a sense of inner peace settled around and upon her, she wondered if there might not be a alternative way to resolve this matter, but if there was she did not know what it was. When the door opened and another entered, she felt no fear. She turned towards the one who approached her, knowing what was to come.

‘”I can feel your pain,” they said, “I have come to release you from it.”

‘Blue light flared into life, bringing death … bringing peace. She almost smiled as she slowly crumpled, first to her knees and then completely to the ground. Death was simply another part of life and now she would be one with the Force.'

Roo – Bariss Offee – Town Jedi has been Killed

It is now Day.

Day 9 Deadline is 10pm BST Monday 14th May - With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch

I have extended the deadline slightly because of the weekend. I will add a handy countdown timer at some point if necessary.

Considering that I may die today, allow me to help out a bit. There are

A total of seven of us left, two of whom are scum most likely. Not including yourselves thee are 4 other potential non scum in the game, unless you are a baddie. Mynd is confirmed so you can mark him off of the list. Ishy, though I was suspicious earlier, is almost certain town at this point. Worst case, he is a solo kill. The reason is that nobody has counter claimed and that his rise should mark the end of the game. This leaves us with 4 candidates and a 50% chance of hitting scum. My theory is that, though it is not statistically probable, EP is scum. The reason for this is that he has floated by on Mynd's "vetting" but this is flawed because of how many powers previous sith have had and how variated they have been. It is only logical to assume that he is the sith yang to mynd's yin or that he viewed mynd's powers. This can be discerned from the fact that we were told about Turin, amongst others, having differing powers though those individuals flipped Jedi. Leno is most likely not scum if EP is and most likely is if EP isn't. You all may choose to vote me, but please remember me (senator bail organa) and this post when I flip.

*red**bold* vote mynd *bold**red*

Archived