DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Revenge of the Sith Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!!

Ithillian Turambar

I agree mostly with this. Rereading this Iron did get ganged up on a bit there and definitely floundered. He is pinging a ton. At the same time, if that is his win condition and we are assuming that there is an Amadala in this game then for him to win he has to know who she is beforehand right? They would most likely have to know each other.

I'm not taking this as a given. Part of his task could be to find out who Amidala is. Maybe he has some sort of investigative power where he checks one person out each night and gets told if they are Amidala or not.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree mostly with this. Rereading this Iron did get ganged up on a bit there and definitely floundered. He is pinging a ton. At the same time, if that is his win condition and we are assuming that there is an Amadala in this game then for him to win he has to know who she is beforehand right? They would most likely have to know each other.

I'm not taking this as a given. Part of his task could be to find out who Amidala is. Maybe he has some sort of investigative power where he checks one person out each night and gets told if they are Amidala or not.

except he claimed vanilla, he's either lying or telling the truth

except he claimed vanilla, he's either lying or telling the truth

I'm not taking the vanilla claim on faith completely. I am putting him on my list of possible scum, but would like to see more from him before I make a call on it.

And I think everyone in the game is either lying or telling the truth. In Mynd's case, both.

Why would any town player have a win condition other than that of eliminating the threats?

Because this is an advanced game and the win condition is at the mod's discretion. I have played in a few other games where mine, or someone else's, win condition was something *other* than the major threat being eliminated. You are good enough at mafia and have been in enough games to probably have experienced that as well.

You can call him town, scum, solo-win, or a flaming ewok for all I care - win conditions are much more vital than a player's "alignment" in any game. Talking down to me in the manner bolded above doesn't make any sense, especially since no one is attacking you. The moment he mentioned his win condition, you took a defensive position, Miss Portman. Odd that you would act so obvious about it, making YOU our biggest target....and Night 2 is still in progress.

Sorry love, but I wasn't attempting to talk down to you with that. Read it again as a normal statement.

The thing is, Ironeyes admits that (if we are to believe his win condition) he doesn't give a rats ass about anyone else but Amidala. That means he doesn't have the best interest of the town as a whole. If his win condition is true, then 4 mafia and 4 town mean the mafia win as well as Ironeyes if Amidalia is one of the remaining town.

That is only if the mafia have to equal the number to the town. What if they have to be more than the town?

It is believable to you because you are Queen Amidalia, am I correct? Stop playing games, the mafia have seen it too.

Why the blatant rolefishing? Whether I am, or I am not, why would I tell the mafia straight out on the board?

Why would any town player have a win condition other than that of eliminating the threats?

Because this is an advanced game and the win condition is at the mod's discretion. I have played in a few other games where mine, or someone else's, win condition was something *other* than the major threat being eliminated. You are good enough at mafia and have been in enough games to probably have experienced that as well.

You can call him town, scum, solo-win, or a flaming ewok for all I care - win conditions are much more vital than a player's "alignment" in any game. Talking down to me in the manner bolded above doesn't make any sense, especially since no one is attacking you. The moment he mentioned his win condition, you took a defensive position, Miss Portman. Odd that you would act so obvious about it, making YOU our biggest target....and Night 2 is still in progress.

The thing is, Ironeyes admits that (if we are to believe his win condition) he doesn't give a rats ass about anyone else but Amidala. That means he doesn't have the best interest of the town as a whole. If his win condition is true, then 4 mafia and 4 town mean the mafia win as well as Ironeyes if Amidalia is one of the remaining town.

Also, I'm not saying that I believe his claim, just that the win condition is somewhat believable to me.

It is believable to you because you are Queen Amidalia, am I correct? Stop playing games, the mafia have seen it too.

I never thought that I would say this but I am starting to agree with Arez. Lenlo, you are acting odd. Mynd, I agree with you here but shouldn't Almadala be townie? If so, which is almost certain I might add, then why in Gods' green Alderaan would "WE" ever lynch her? This is pinging me a lot.

Sorry love, but I wasn't attempting to talk down to you with that. Read it again as a normal statement.

That is only if the mafia have to equal the number to the town. What if they have to be more than the town?

Why the blatant rolefishing? Whether I am, or I am not, why would I tell the mafia straight out on the board?

It doesn't exactly count as role-fishing if you've pretty much revealed it in the first place. The target on Key's back was put there by Key herself. Suddenly believing Ironeyes the moment he mentions his (alleged) win condition and then staunchly defending him from that point on, even the dullest of mafia players would figure out that that meant.

To correct Arez al'Loop's statement, no one is threatening lynch here. Key is a target now by the Mafia because of Ironeyes statement causing Key's reaction. Honestly, I am not buying any of it. This all has to bank on whether or not Key and Ironeyes are indeed telling the truth.

Suppose Ironeyes is lying and is really Darth Sidious. He kills Amidalia and that converts Anakin to the dark side. If Key is really Amadaladingdong then she has just revealed herself by suddenly defending Ironeyes. Easy pickings for the mafia at this point.

Suppose Ironeyes is telling the truth. What motivation does he have for the town to win if he only needs to make sure Amidalia is safe? As I stated before, even if the mafia outnumber the town, the end result for Ironeyes is the same so long as Amidalia is alive at endgame.

The thing is, we Jedi know who we are and I've received a message from one of my fellow Jedi informing me of the identity of another non-jedi townie, our healer if you will. The Mafia are running out of room to hide. If Key is really Amidalia, and Ironeyes is really who he says, then we've narrowed down quite a bit.

She wasn't smiling at all now. It had grown dark while she had told of the deaths of the Jedi, and then of Dooku. You had been sitting for a good few hours and were begining to feel uncomfortable in body, as well as in mind. She dragged a chair over to where you sat and placed it directly in front of you, before sitting, her body leaning forwards, elbows on her knees, hands clasped together supporting her chin. This was the first time she had shown any emotion all night. When she spoke her voice was quiet.

'Dooku was a loss to the cause. One we had not expected so soon. We had planned better than that ... Or so we thought. He should not have been taken so soon and we began to plan our revenge'

A sudden sense of anger and rage hit you like a physical blow and she raised her face to look directly into your eyes. Her pupils seemed to glow red. It was all you could do to not frantically push your seat away from her. She blinked then and the illusion was broken, her eyes blue once more. The atmosphere softened.

'Dooku was a fool, he thought he was untouchable. He thought no-one would challenge him. He thought wrong. We would learn from this and move on. Already our orders had been sent and acknowledged. The transport diverted from its original path to deal with the situation.

A lone figure went un-noticed as he worked his way towards the chosen target. Aiming his blaster carefully, he fired sending bolts of death, thinking they were alone and unprotected. He was surprised when another stepped out and easily diverted the bolts so they fell harmlessly. The figure slipped quietly away before the alarm could be raised.

We could wait. A break in hostilities would enable everyone to have ... a time to breathe and regroup.'

She leaned back and seemed to consider you. ' You must be feeling the need to refresh, stretch your legs - maybe even take notes. We have already been talking for some time and I would hate for you to get things wrong when you write our story. I will wait on the balcony for you to return.'

It is now Day Three.

With 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch. Deadline is Wednesday 2nd May at 10pm GMT

Handy countdown timer

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?msg=Day+3+Deadline&day=2&month=5&year=2012&hour=22&min=0&sec=0&p0=136

Agreed, Ithi. I'm loving these scenes.

I'm going to vote Roo. His newbishness just seems too contrived for me. I wonder if some of his analyses are the result of being coached behind the scenes or something, because he shows too much understanding for someone who doesn't know some fairly basic things.

Archived