DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

my first topic post, just a thought i had

TootThatHorn

hey guys how is everyone doing? this is my first topic post and i just wanted to throw my two cents in on a couple things really. I havent done a re-read in a long time so im not gonna be able to exactly quote or reference chapters or anything but the vast majority of you guys are smart and will know the parts im talkin about.

so this is just basically me saying i have never really been keen on the whole body swap theory. it seemed left field to me and a strange way to make it all work out in just a lil convenient kind of way to me, but now i begrudgingly think it a little more likely. really the part to me that did it too was when avi's kids are being described. 4 kids that all look drastically different and strangely powerful. that part makes it more believable, and after finally admitting the possibility of a body swap, even though i dont like it, the things that could happen after said swap could be pretty interesting. the thing that got my head thinking about post-swap is moridin's affects from it.

i think it was after nynaeve healed the ashaman of madness (the one seeing fades everywhere) that she checked out rand and his brain was just a bramble field of taint, like an intimidating amount, but covered with some kind of "light net," whether it be a taveran thing or creators blessing, i dont know. but when the swap occurs, could it find moridin instantly mad in rands brain, probably from lacking that blessing? that could spur some pretty interesting possibilities, assuming that the dark one isnt protecting moridin from the taint. so i dont know, thats a lil ramble to give some food for thought, also quite possible that this has already been discussed but lemme know what you guys think about it...

I don't much care for the 'body swap' theory either, not sure why, it just... feels wrong. In fact I can't see Rand still around at the end of AMoL at all. RJ said something like: 'He came like the wind, and like the wind, he was gone.'

But regarding Moridin: we haven't yet seen what effect VoG had on him! That alone may have turned him mad. But I think he was protected from the taint anyway, by those 'black cords' like the ones that Rand cut from Asmodean.

indeed, and again i dont subscribe to the body swap thing, i want this to be resolved in some way that was difficult to see coming, but in a hypothetical version of an already fictitious world how moridin might react to a huge slap of madness like that would be crazy, although even though im assuming he wouldnt gain that protective net rand has he would still have the cords probably like you siad, but i suppose rand could chop those. honestly i dont see a lot of reason for rand to survive it, and even if he did, what would he do then? go out in a blaze of glory buddy, youre never gonna top what you did lol no need to go gettin fat and dying of old age on a throne

RJ said something like: 'He came like the wind, and like the wind, he was gone.'

The thing I believe about this quote is that, I think he planned to put that quote in the books. He wasn't talking about Rand from his own point of view, but from that of the world in Wheel of Time. If Rand did swap bodies with Moridin I doubt the world would find this out.

I do think they will swap bodies. The thing is, that doesn't have to be the end of that arc. Things can still happen to Rand if he gets Moridins body. It could even bring the rivalry to a whole new level-imagine if neither died, that Moridin then had Rands body. Imagine the damage he could do, if people thought he was Rand. Hell, he already has enough Rand mannerisms to be convincing without even realising.

Completely agree with Rand dying. Before i wanted him to survive, but as the day approaches, im atually changing my mind. Can u imagine if neo survived? If would have completely killed the trilogy (not that it was not nearly so thanks to W brothers, anyways :)

Archived