DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

NHL Playoffs 2012

Silver

I'm just glad that the PIT-PHI series should shut Super Mario's hypocritcal trap. Don't complain about chippy play while employing Matt Cooke.

Actually fun fact; Matt Cooke has 0 PIMs in this playoff series at the moment... Who would've thought!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Flyers collapsed, to be sure, although a big part of that was the officials reacting, a day late and a dollar short, by calling everything that could possibly, conceivably be a penalty. An HOUR of penalty minutes?

The point about Cooke isn't so much about this year, or even about Cooke. It is about Mario being a sanctimonious prig about violence in the game while simultaneously employing a cheap-shot artist. And I'm talking over a period of years, not just this season.

Well Detroit is out! Every game was close and it's safe to say Pekka Rinne stole the series with some amazing goaltending!

Also, PIT-PHI 2-3, would be great to see them pull it off and win it in 7. Now if only my Bruins can get past Holtby I'd be happy

Fleury actually had a good game last night, it was nice to see him helping out the team for once this series, he was awesome in the 3rd period. Pens seem to have finally gotten their game plan going, they just need to stop the penalties.

PIT is out :( But at least it was an awesome series!

Ottawa surprising everyone by leading the Rangers 3-2, they can win it at home in 6 this week! Boston always starts slow in playoffs (ex: last year 4-3 over the Habs in the first round, then 4-0 the 2nd round). If they can beat Washington in 7 they might play Philly right after which would be a great matchup as well

Bah, Bah! And triple BAH! Lost the series to a turnover. I don't mind when another team beats mine due to better drive, skill, heart, etc. But it annoys me when they beat us cause we played like crap.

Guess I'll be cheering on Caps and Sens.

Looks like my Predators get Pheonix this week. We split the series during the year 2-2 with them so I anticipate a 6-7 game slugfest. I have confidence in my Preds though.

To be honest I could see Nashville winning it in less than 7!

It'll definitely be a goalie battle though, Rinne vs. Smith!

Looks like my Predators get Pheonix this week. We split the series during the year 2-2 with them so I anticipate a 6-7 game slugfest. I have confidence in my Preds though.

To be honest I could see Nashville winning it in less than 7!

It'll definitely be a goalie battle though, Rinne vs. Smith!

Yeah, definitely will be low scoring 2-1, 1-0 type games. Two great goalies in Rinne and Smith, and strong defensive minded teams. If this was the NFL, I would say this is like an old-school NFC North battle on the frozen tundra.

Should be interesting though.

Ugh, I hate to say this because I absolutely despise the team, but the Preds right now are my pick to hoist The Cup.

No faith in the East hey? :biggrin:

Philly's my current favorite, although NYR would be up there as well if they beat Ottawa

Ugh, I hate to say this because I absolutely despise the team, but the Preds right now are my pick to hoist The Cup.

No faith in the East hey? :biggrin:

Philly's my current favorite, although NYR would be up there as well if they beat Ottawa

Philly will be done in eventually by goaltending. NYR could win, but I just think Rinne and the defense of the Preds are too good not to be a favorite.

I think the tipper this year for the Preds is combined with the great goaltending and defensemen, they added in Andre Koysitsen and Radulov. That really made this team a potential cup winner because it gave the Preds 4 scoring lines. Most teams can shut down two or three, but four lines makes the difference. If you look at our games against Detroit, some of the most production in the series came from the 4th line.

• 3 weeks later...

no lie, my first hockey game (on TV, only been to minor league games cause until I was an adult there was no NHL league team in the area) was the Miracle on Ice in Lake Placid, 1980.

The game is a beautiful game if you keep the headhunting thugs out of it. I don't mean remove all checking and contact. But some of the stunts that have been pulled in games have been more like assault than game play.

And yeah, whoda thunk on LA. And I can't figure out if the East is just that tough or if none of the squads over there are playing terribly well. On paper the Ranger should been having an easier time of it. Of course, on paper Vancouver wouldn't have folded up like wet paper.

Archived