RAKE VS MOIRAINE in SUVUDU CAGE MATCH 2012 SEMI-FINALS

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Shadow'sBane

Shadow'sBane
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:14 AM

Im sorry i like Moiraine but Rake would kill her before she even knew he was a threat to her life he doesnt have any 3 oaths binding him

and Moiraine is loosing....Many WoT Fans are voting for Rake just because the Magic System in "Malazan" series is stronger than Magic System In WoT.

these Cage-Matches are suppoesed to Character VS Character cage-matches.....its makes no sense voting for Magically Strong Character.

no one will oppose if you vote for Rake because you like him more as a character than Moiraine. But voting for him Just because Magic System of Malazan is stronger tha WoT's OnePower system Makes no sense.

WoT hate is becoming a trend abong fantasy readers or Malazan,aSoIaF(some) and SoT readers....being apologetic and doing waht they think is right is not gonna reduce that hate.....we are just loosing for no reason that's all.
the Forsaken shiver at my name,
For I am called the Shadow'sBane

#22 Roxinos

Roxinos

Former Nae'blis, Still a Dumbass

• Members
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:38 AM

Dude, get over it. It's a ridiculous popularity contest, and at the moment, more Rake fans have voted than Moiraine fans. And if Moiraine wins, it'll mean that more Moiraine fans voted than Rake fans. That's all. This doesn't affect the reputation of either series. It means literally nothing.

Also, people can vote however they damned well please. If they vote for Moiriane because they genuinely think she could win, then that's more power to them. If they vote for Rake because Rake is stronger, then more power to them. If they vote for Moiraine because they like her character more, then hey, it's a party. Go for it. They're all equally justifiable, and all make an equal amount of sense. Get over yourself, and get over this bloody poll and stop making threads in the general WoT board just to get your point across.
Posted Image

Resist your sig, Roxinos. We might have to lock you up then.

#23 BKVMC

BKVMC
  • Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:38 AM

Im not saying Rake would win because hes magically stronger im saying he would win because his morales are different than Moiraines and he isnt restrained by an oath rod. I think alot of the WOT hate comes from everyone saying "BALEFIRE" to resolve every conflict.

"Dude, get over it. It's a ridiculous popularity contest, and at the moment, more Rake fans have voted than Moiraine fans. And if Moiraine wins, it'll mean that more Moiraine fans voted than Rake fans. That's all. This doesn't affect the reputation of either series. It means literally nothing."

Agree

Edited by BKVMC, 04 April 2012 - 07:41 AM.

#24 Shadow'sBane

Shadow'sBane
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

Dude, get over it. It's a ridiculous popularity contest, and at the moment, more Rake fans have voted than Moiraine fans. And if Moiraine wins, it'll mean that more Moiraine fans voted than Rake fans. That's all. This doesn't affect the reputation of either series. It means literally nothing.

Also, people can vote however they damned well please. If they vote for Moiriane because they genuinely think she could win, then that's more power to them. If they vote for Rake because Rake is stronger, then more power to them. If they vote for Moiraine because they like her character more, then hey, it's a party. Go for it. They're all equally justifiable, and all make an equal amount of sense. Get over yourself, and get over this bloody poll and stop making threads in the general WoT board just to get your point across.

i would mind getting over it...but it feels like giving up...and I don't like to Give up.
and btw it does matter....i read many Fantasy series becoz of Cage Matches in 2010...those were really fun...people voting for fun and all.

#25 Roxinos

Roxinos

Former Nae'blis, Still a Dumbass

• Members
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

You are focusing on the wrong part of the quote...

I find his argument underwhelming. There is a vast difference between "this character is on one side, this character on the other; their purposes are at conflict; they have these resources and the world is in this state; in the end, this side wins" and "two people enter a cage, one person leaves."
Posted Image

Resist your sig, Roxinos. We might have to lock you up then.

#26 Terez

Terez

Quotemistress

• Members
  • 4,605 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

@Terez.
is didn't mean to abuse him...i just posted some of the reponses from FB groups as comment.
and Terez..
WoT hate is becoming a trend abong fantasy readers or Malazan,aSoIaF(some) and SoT readers....being apologetic and doing waht they think is right is not gonna reduce that hate.....we are just loosing for no reason that's all.

WoT hate has been a trend in those fandoms for a very long time, and it's becoming less so in the Malazan forum since I joined there, because I know how to defend WoT without insulting Malazites.

WoT Reference Library // twitter.png@Terez27

I kind of wish the last book was written by Terez. I would probably have to spend weeks looking for a damn ending and then decrypting it, but no doubt it would be perfectly thought out. :wink:

#27 Suttree

Suttree
  • Members
  • 10,125 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

Becoming a trend?!?! :rolleyes:
"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge, exists without my consent" - Judge Holden

#28 Shadow'sBane

Shadow'sBane
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

@Terez
i don't insult Malazan Fans....and neither do the most WoT fans...its they who usually start the Insults...

#29 Elusive Athena

Elusive Athena
  • Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

Well, Moiraine is winning by a long shot now...

Posted Image
Athena Signature by Nynaeve - Dragonflies, Cheshire Cat, Murder Mystery Signatures by Ithillian

#30 Shadow'sBane

Shadow'sBane
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

@Elusive Athena
all it takes is awakining of WoT fanbase :)

#31 Elusive Athena

Elusive Athena
  • Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

I hope the Discworld fanbase gets woken up too, because Granny Weatherwax is awesome! I wouldn't know who to root for in the finals then. Moraine wouldn't be able to kill Granny with the Power as Granny is as far from a Darkfriend as it is possible to get, but Granny wouldn't want to kill Moiraine either... I think of Granny as being a bit like Cadsuane.

Posted Image
Athena Signature by Nynaeve - Dragonflies, Cheshire Cat, Murder Mystery Signatures by Ithillian

#32 Shadow'sBane

Shadow'sBane
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

i dont know weatherwax...but i did like her character...i will checkout disk-world series.
i was kinda hoping for Moir VS Granny'd finals too.

#33 WhiskyJack

WhiskyJack
  • Members
  • 864 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:28 AM

To fight Rake, they will have to bring down Lord Dragon himself! Nothing less will do. And Rand better not try for a sword fight!

#34 Shadow'sBane

Shadow'sBane
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:11 PM

Moiraine Won!!! :D

#35 Gaidar

Gaidar

Master of Memory

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:22 AM

Morraine's no match for granny....pure power, OK, she's ahead...but on char strength , granny would beat even caddy tenfold.
IIRCAIUD - If I Recall Correctly, And I Usually Do

I have none of the books in hands reach, and im always on mobile phone. as such, i am unable to provide quote more specific than "when Elayne was in Ebo Dar" or 'theoryland database, search for 'Horn of Valere"

#36 MauricXe

MauricXe
  • Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

If they intend to keep putting WoT characters in, they should stop using channelers. They are overpowered.

#37 Torn Shadow

Torn Shadow
  • Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

No, mauric, in a fight Rake would easily win, he is Rand at Maradon level+. This was pure popularity (and likely a few cheat bots).

#38 EmperorMayhem

EmperorMayhem
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

I knew somebody would claim cheat bots if their favorite character didn't win :P

And just so you guys know, a person doesn't Have to be a Darkfriend for Moraine to kill them with the OP, they only need to threaten her life. At that point the Oaths allow it. The simple fact that they're in a 'cage match fight to the death' means that she can channel at them.

#39 Terez

Terez

Quotemistress

• Members
  • 4,605 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:14 AM

It's next to impossible to write cheat-bots for polldaddy polls. They've been working on encrypting this stuff for years. From what I understand you could write a macro with a long list of IPs to vote from, but it would be a lot of work, and I doubt anyone bothered. The cheating was likely pretty equal on both sides until we posted about the match on the WoT Facebook page, which produced immediate results (over 100 votes in less than 10 minutes, etc.).

WoT Reference Library // twitter.png@Terez27

I kind of wish the last book was written by Terez. I would probably have to spend weeks looking for a damn ending and then decrypting it, but no doubt it would be perfectly thought out. :wink:

#40 BKVMC

BKVMC
  • Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

Honestly these cage matches are a joke they should just put up a poll of which character do you like best and leave it at that.