DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

March 19

U4ea

So, I got the idea from this:

tumblr_lyo6saMwDq1qzymieo1_400.jpg

Braided Head band- via "PS- I made this"

So, Peanut and I went shopping this weekend and we bought ribbon to make these head bands. A wider ribbon (1/2"), a thinner ribbon (1/4"), and a glittery thin ribbon (mine is a metal purple rick-rack) and a pony tail holder (I had some that I hadn't used that were too small for my thick pony tail, so I used them!). Total material cost: $5 (I got the ribbon on sale at Michael's!) per headband.

It's pretty simple, I think. I actually stitched mine onto the headband with a needle and thread so the ends wouldn't fray. Just loop the end of the ribbons around the pony tail holder and stitch it closed (put a small hem in the end of the ribbon to keep it from fraying). Measure out the ribbon to fit your head and give about 6" extra for the braiding. Then braid the ribbons as loose or tight as you like. Then loop the ribbon back around the other end of the pony tail holder and do the same hem and close that you did to attach the first end.

You're done! It took me about ten minutes from unrolling the ribbon to putting it on my head!

Archived