• Seanchan
    • Shara
    • Shienar
    • Tarabon
    • Tear

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely the Aiel. They (at least before Rand and everything happened) seemed to have the most primitive and hence most simple way of life, without cities and complicated politics (both of which I cannot stand). They of course do not have an easy life in the desert, but I am used to life being a struggle. And I already have red hair if that means anything hahaha!

I would have to choose Andor like many other here. Andor seems to be the most socialy progressive and fair to its people. I just finished ToM and when i read about caemlyn my jaw dropped and thats when i realized i related to Andor more than any other nation. If i had the chance I'd live in the two rivers after living in the country side for 6 years ive grown used to the quite and the two rivers should have plenty of quite.

• 4 weeks later...

Aiel for me, a beautiful simple concept of the world around them and simple set of honour codes. The leaders are forced to prove they are worthy. (Not to mention I already have the red hair and there are a few images around of me running round with a spear)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aiel.

Yes, partly due to being a fan of the Aiel, but I also chose it because the Aiel society is based on meritocracy. I identify with their cutting humor at times - it's gotten me in trouble a few times. Being physically fit isn't a question among the Aiel. Laziness isn't accepted. Even the softest Shaido (honorless dogs) are harder than a borderlander.

I like many of the other nations and cultures. However, unless you are born into the nobility, royal, or merchant class - life ain't that easy. I like farming, but I ain't no farmer!

Guest fojo81

I would be from Shara. I'm only 5 books into the series and I'm told then even up to Book 12 not much is said or known about Shara. Anyone or anything of any ability or strength could be there and could be equally evil or good or a strange mix. Whatever is there could be far better than The Dragon Reborn or far worse than The Dark One. Or it could be nothing at all. You just don't know and I like that.

• 3 weeks later...

I would be either a Borderlander, an Aiel or an Andoran. The honour and respect that Borderlanders have, coupled with their neverending war against the indestructible blight intrigues me, and I would like to think that I could fit easily into that kind of society. Aiel, because of their strict honour system, and their brilliant sense of humour. Andor, because if I were to be directly ruled by a monarch then I would demand the right to face her!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I picked Andor because despite what some people may say about the Trakand ladies they make fair rulers.

Also despite being the most progressive they've also showed they can be badass at fighting too. Sounds like my kind of place

• 3 weeks later...

I'd be tempted to go for Far Madding. Very low crime rates, not really involved in wars with their neighbors, flourishing trade, beautifully situated in the middle of a lake, etc. ... And since I can't channel, I'd feel safe and cozy knowing no one else could either.

• 1 month later...

Arad Doman for me.

Cause what guy wouldn't want to come from a city where the women know how to flirt?

Second choice Manetheren because it has the best of both worlds, too far south for daily raids and respected by the borerlands for there fighting ability.

If Malkier is on the list why not Manetheren?

• 4 weeks later...

I was disappointed Tar Valon wasn't an option. I'd like to see how someone "born and raised" in Tar Valon would tell their story and interact with others.

I chose Altara, ONLY because of Ebou Dar, and mostly for the same reason The Mashiraball chose Saldaea. LOVE me a strong and feisty woman! :)

Archived